Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modified Car Question

• 24-08-2009 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I could no longer stand the noise of my husbands modified car and we had a bet that I won, my prize = to get rid of his beloved Nissan 200sx!!! :)
    Cruel you think, not really, he has lots of other toys to play with. So here's my question, how do I find out what it's worth without rattling his cage and how do I go about selling it??

The details I know are its a 91 Nissan 200sx and it's totally modified, tonnes of extras and body kits etc, needs tax and an NCT but should sail through.

All offers of assistance welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

carlnsarah wrote: »
    I could no longer stand the noise of my husbands modified car and we had a bet that I won, my prize = to get rid of his beloved Nissan 200sx!!! :)
    Cruel you think, not really, he has lots of other toys to play with. So here's my question, how do I find out what it's worth without rattling his cage and how do I go about selling it??

The details I know are its a 91 Nissan 200sx and it's totally modified, tonnes of extras and body kits etc, needs tax and an NCT but should sail through.

No more than 2.5k with NCT

Places to sell would be Donedeal.ie and the buy and sell.

EDIT: put it up for 3500 or nearest offer and then bargain with any callers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bigaid1

just ask him how much he wants for it, or

www.jon44w.co.uk
    www.reallymeansounds.com

sign up to any of these 2 websites and you will get all of the advice and prices you need.
    with no tax and test you will not get a ransom for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

tell him 2 put some sort of silencer in it, dont get rid of car !!! at the end of the day it ll be yours money too that you are loosing as well,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

thats shocking, I'm half tempted to lock this thread!

My OH would be long gone if she tried to get rid of my car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Your a crule crule hartless woman and thats the equivilent of buring a womans wardrobe.

Apex in the Uk make a "sensable exhaust". Tell him to keep it and do the right thing.

The hardest thing since i sold my car to be with my misses (broke it for parts). Was to not kill my relationship by buying another one.
    Thats love and it hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

I think he should keep the car and loose you. The car, costs less, moans less, nags less, is easier to turn on and can be relied on for a good ride.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

poor guy is whipped haha!

I wouldnt sell it, your gonna make a loss selling it and whats the point of that? You can get a silencer which will cancel out most of the noise and still have the car and no loss in money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

gerbo wrote: »
    I think he should keep the car and loose you. The car, costs less, moans less, nags less, is easier to turn on and can be relied on for a good ride.

lmao!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 carlnsarah

LMAO!! Ya cheeky bugger Gerbo!!

Thank you for all replies, the figure we keep hearing is €2k, so we're gona go with that.

For all of you who feel badly for my hubby, don't he is on board with this decision also, its just he's too emotionally involved with the car to make a reasonable decision.

And I don't know what gives you the notion us wives nag!!!! Perish the thought!!!:P

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What was at stake on your end? ;)

• Advertisement

Thank you for all replies, the figure we keep hearing is €2k, so we're gona go with that.

For all of you who feel badly for my hubby, don't he is on board with this decision also, its just he's too emotionally involved with the car to make a reasonable decision.

And I don't know what gives you the notion us wives nag!!!! Perish the thought!!!:P

I cant believe your actually making him sell a car like that for brutal money just because you dont like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Thats a reason to put you on a 1st class flight to dumpsville, thats just sick why would you do that to your partner, he is going to resent you for this for a long long time. If you sell this id give your relationship a year :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

OP must be awesome in the sack,,,thats the only reason I can come up with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

jackncoke wrote: »
    OP must be awesome in the sack,,,thats the only reason I can come up with

819_rolling-vi.gif819_rolling-vi.gif819_rolling-vi.gif819_rolling-vi.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

This is spreading across all the modified car sites in Ireland now...

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    This is spreading across all the modified car sites in Ireland now...

I wonder will it make it onto the news too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lukey.

Just signing in to say OP's husband needs to:

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RandomRs

man the op must be a real ball buster if she wants rid of his car.... seriously love thats like cuttin off his manhood, if it was between my missus and the car...... i know which would be getting the bus!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Show us the car, let us price it depending on what's done.

Still shouldn't sell it, only losing out on money, get a silencer and you be damn happy.

Looks like you've created a bit of a stir with your first post :D

Can I just ask if your husband is on board you probably wouldn't need to ask how much the car is worth as he would surely know himself?

You say "he's too emotionally involved with the car to make a reasonable decision" so I assume he has put his heart and soul into the car and enjoys it very much, instead of making him get rid of it how about asking him to get an exhaust control valve to dampen the noise of the exhaust.

As other posters have said its only €2k and you haven't mentioned any financial difficulties so theres no real need to get rid of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well thx god mine woman loves me... not so lucky OPs husband...

If i would be a husband, i would use joined account to buy that car back, and then just rev it all night outside bedrooms windows...

Well thx god mine woman loves me... not so lucky OPs husband...

If i would be a husband, i would use joined account to buy that car back, and then just rev it all night outside bedrooms windows...
    That sorta carry on loses nookie :eek:

This thread is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MattPym

Have to say OP, You're a poor excuse for a girlfriend if you are forcing your OH to get rid of his car, Especially since you know how much he likes it....Poor Form Lady!!!!!

Lads,
    What are ye like??????? You'd swear I came at ye with a pair of garden sheers and cut off yer manhood the way you're reacting to this, hilarious!!! And they say women are emotional!!!!:)

The reason he isn't saying the price is because, as I said, he's too emotionally involved and wants all that he spent on it back - like thats gona happen in these recessionary times! So i'm selling it!!

He's not gona dump me over a friggin car, I'm his wing-man and have been for 20years, he knows who's got his back!! LOL.... and a hold of his balls !!!! LMAO!!! ....joke!

Oh, and I should add.... however small a sum €2k may sound to some of you, to me, right now it's a lot of money. No work and no money coming in, so needs must!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 Richie_c

Oh, and I should add.... however small a sum €2k may sound to some of you, to me, right now it's a lot of money. No work and no money coming in, so needs must!!

Yeah but thats not what you said originally, you said you hate the noise of the car so you want it gone, nothing about money!

So you need to make up your mind, is it being sold for financial reasons or because you hate it!

Personally I wouldnt be getting rid of my car for anyone, fact! Its a hobby and its something alot of people put blood money and sweat into!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 deftones

it could be worth more that 2k if its all modified, post up a pic for us!
    and yet, dont do it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cf4

2k?

If its any use ill take it off ye for 2k,

WE DEMAND PICTURES!

• Advertisement

@ Richie, I didn't want to come on here crying poverty, everybody is having hard times at the moment and I thought it would be unfair to moan, but yes its a combination of noise (neighbours bitching about him revving the **** out of it and tearing up and down the laneway) and money to be honest.

Car has been worked on for nearly 4years and hasn't been NCT since 04 and needs tax so if someone tells me how to put up a picture so that ye can give me a fair quote I'll happily do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

@ Richie, I didn't want to come on here crying poverty, everybody is having hard times at the moment and I thought it would be unfair to moan, but yes its a combination of noise (neighbours bitching about him revving the **** out of it and tearing up and down the laneway) and money to be honest.

Car has been worked on for nearly 4years and hasn't been NCT since 04 and needs tax so if someone tells me how to put up a picture so that ye can give me a fair quote I'll happily do it.

You dont have to come on here crying poverty(though most people here will understand/ have been there) but you came across as happy at the fact you were getting rid of your husbands car as he "has enough toys".
    A simple i need to value a car thread would have got 0 reaction only the cars value.

(You were also on midnightclub.ie and this was linked to from sxoc.com so your hubbie probably knows by now)

Also in a motoring enthuasisats section of a forum sounding triaumphunt and happy about making your husband sell the car, may not the best move.

So now you can see why this thread made a few people here take a second look at there love life :)

My detective work would lead me to believe this is the car?? ( i could be wrong although i think i have it)

(I have blurred the number plates where applicable)

user10496_pic5404_1251126389.jpg
    user10496_pic5405_1251126455.jpg
    user10496_pic5406_1251126649.jpg

Spot on, thats the car!!
    It would have been a very boring unimaginative post had I just said car value needed as you say, at least we got some laughs and the craic going, I love emotional men!!!:D

However, the question remains,....this is the car, whats the best I can get for it?

Spot on, thats the car!!
    It would have been a very boring unimaginative post had I just said car value needed as you say, at least we got some laughs and the craic going, I love emotional men!!!:D

However, the question remains,....this is the car, whats the best I can get for it?

NCT it and you would get 3.5k i would imagine, it seems tidy and lines dont appear to be off.

And for the record, even though you hate the car, you married the man "for better or worse" i cant believe your actually going to make him sell it... While we are emotional about this is becuase we men folk are simple beings, it doesnt take a whole pile to make us truely happy and if your into cars, cars do make us happy inside. I suspect your taking away a little of your husbands soul by doing this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Whats parked up alongside the Nissan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RandomRs

looks like an old skool toyota prob a celica supra

edit: its a toyota celicasupra circa 1981

• Registered Users Posts: 13 glenntec

well if he is driving like you say maybe a quiet word would do,

if money is tight...sell a few bits off the car, ie the exaust.....

2k seems too little for a 180 "modified" seriously sell some bits off the car and keep it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

^^ It's not a 180sx its a 200sx with the 1.8 engine that people in Ireland seem to hate

At least get some bigger, wider wheels, thos 17inch ADR's are ugly as fook and don't fill the arches at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So the truth comes out. You probably tell the hubbie the crap about hating the noise, when you just want a new pair of shoes...

Nice car. I agree with the silencer, though. Otherwise, he'll be eying up your stuff. And if you don't sell it, he'll see you in a different light.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭scooby man

i would in my bollix sell it id tell you to <Snip - Inappropriate Language> VERY VERY BAD TIME TO SELL.....:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭JcDubz4life

All joking aside if you go through with this it will always be somethinig he remembers. He obviously loves and adores this car and it gives him great joy and for you take take that away from him can only ever have a detremental affect on your relationship. I really dont see any positive in doing this.
    If nothing else, then at least let him put a highly restrictive, very-quiet silencer on it.
    In the long run it'll save you a LOT of grief and probably a lot of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 James3555

All joking aside if you go through with this it will always be somethinig he remembers. He obviously loves and adores this car and it gives him great joy and for you take take that away from him can only ever have a detremental affect on your relationship. I really dont see any positive in doing this.
    If nothing else, then at least let him put a highly restrictive, very-quiet silencer on it.
    In the long run it'll save you a LOT of grief and probably a lot of money.

x2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Jaysus lads, half of you think you're Dear Deirdre!!!

When I first read this thread during the week I thought she was bein really horrible making him sell it, but as she said, money's tight and ya gotta do what ya gotta do! If he's happy with it being sold then who cares.

I normally hate the older 200's, but thats a fairly nice looking car. Try NCT it and put it on carzone as the cheapest one. Also advertise on all the Modified Forums, Midnightclub, dtdirl, driver.ie etc. There's a few drift ones also but I cant think of the name's. Put a thread up on MidnightClub with the pics and see what they think its worth. Don't tell them that you're looking to get rid of it for yer hubby though...you'll be maimed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

I'd say 2.5k with an NCT (notthat you can get a booking before november:mad:), its white so some youngfella will have it off you.

Advertisement