Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

3fullback wrote: »
    Does the college facilitate a place to leave luggage and bags ?? Other than a persons locker ?

Not as far as I'm aware!

With regards to repeats, how long till after the results will registration actually open? It says a week online and going on last year I'm sure it was only 2 or 3 days? and a lot of the results are only out a week before we go back or less, so they'll hardly have us registering for classes mid way during our first week back?

It all seems so chaotic this year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

3fullback wrote: »
    Does the college facilitate a place to leave luggage and bags ?? Other than a persons locker ?
    There are some larger lockers in the Kane basement, you need to inform general services you're using them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

just wondering do most people stay the week of orientation or just go down for the day there required to be present?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Anyone who has done second year arts know what the deal is with picking modules? Is it possible for modules to get filled fast? (In particular for Geography & Irish). I've also heard the 9th of September floating around would this be right for when we can register? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

lol where do UCC people actually post online 20 days since last post here lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Dave47 wrote: »
    lol where do UCC people actually post online 20 days since last post here lol

Facebook+Twitter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Can you be more specific please? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MR.SKYRIM

There were a lot of fit girls at the open day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

MR.SKYRIM wrote: »
    There were a lot of fit girls at the open day :)

Not just at the open day, every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Is anyone else having trouble logging onto blackboard? When I log in its telling me that my log on details are incorrect. They aren't.

• Advertisement

Cian92 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble logging onto blackboard? When I log in its telling me that my log on details are incorrect. They aren't.

Did you try and login through ucc sit

shezer wrote: »
    Did you try and login through ucc sit

Yes I tried to log on through sit and the blackboard website and it didn't work but I can log in to umail through umail.ucc.ie no problem, asked around seems I'm not the only one with this problem. Just typical of the shoddy IT systems provided by UCC really.

Yes I tried to log on through sit and the blackboard website and it didn't work but I can log in to umail through umail.ucc.ie no problem, asked around seems I'm not the only one with this problem. Just typical of the shoddy IT systems provided by UCC really.

I have no bothers logging in.

If you are still having problems you can contact sit@ucc.ie or blackboard@ucc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Mine will log in through Ucc portal but not directly through the blackboard website.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 outrageous

Ya I can't log in either

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I somehow cannot log into my UCC email address through umail.ucc.ie - an issue for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

I somehow cannot log into my UCC email address through umail.ucc.ie - an issue for anyone else?

Working fine for me.

Is it just me or is umail and portal not working again? I can't get either of them on chrome, firefox or internet explorer..

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I got into umail earlier no problem - and it does seem to be up http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/umail.ucc.ie

did try to get into it there, and it doesn't seem to be working!

Once again, umail, portal and sit are all down :rolleyes: and they are down for everyone according to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ :rolleyes:

It's getting ridiculous at this stage! Go back through the posts in this thread, so many are about umail being down. I wonder is there someplace I could make a complaint to, kick up a bit of a fuss at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Portal worked for me this morning at about 5.30am. Tried to log back in to download a .pdf and it's broken :(:(

An email went out about this.

An email went out about this.

To secondary email or ucc email?

Ucc email yesterday.Planned downtime

Ucc email yesterday.Planned downtime

Not to me! The only email I got that wasn't personal yesterday was one about Creative Writing (Poetry) Workshops...

My bad. I read it yesterday somewhere. I checked my email and nothing there.....:)

No problem, everything works now until the next time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone at the UCC/Mary I match.

So what's the story about the picket on Wednesday? Will lectures be cancelled? Presumably no lecturer would cross the picket line, even if there happens to be lectures on, I won't be crossing the picket line either.

http://www.siptu.ie/media/pressreleases2014/othernews/fullstory_17967_en.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

So what's the story about the picket on Wednesday? Will lectures be cancelled? Presumably no lecturer would cross the picket line, even if there happens to be lectures on, I won't be crossing the picket line either.

http://www.siptu.ie/media/pressreleases2014/othernews/fullstory_17967_en.html

I was meant to have one lecture but it's cancelled because the lecturer is a union member and won't cross the picket line. I haven't heard of other lecturers doing this yet though!

Advertisement