Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

Orizio wrote: »
    What exactly is Childhood studies?
    I'm doing it this year it's such an interesting course it's all about learning how children develop,psychology and loads of other subjects it's a fab course:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

me too.... we dont have to do a draft for our critique though, just lash it out and hand it up. I have a stupid amount of essays to do. Have a 3,000 word and a 4,000 word essay due on the same day.. :(

Our lecturer is giving us five marks to hand a draft up. It helps with the marking. Just have to do about 600 words tomorrow. Then getting stuck into the second part of Information Revolutions one. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Yours in UCC's Skull & Bones

Does this annoy the crap out of any one else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Yes.

I'd prefer to see a picture of the skull and bones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I'd prefer if they got a proper ****ing logo

• Advertisement

Yes, I was wondering why he doesn't just attach a generic skull and bones picture.

Yes, I was wondering why he doesn't just attach a generic skull and bones picture.

How used Cal sign off last year? It certainly wasn't half as annoyingly

Cal was a god amongst men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Our lecturer is giving us five marks to hand a draft up. It helps with the marking. Just have to do about 600 words tomorrow. Then getting stuck into the second part of Information Revolutions one. ;)

dude, you are so ahead of me its not even funny :mad:

why cant i just get my ass in gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

All this talk of 3,000 and 4,000 word essays in second year is beginning to scare grenache a little. He can barely scrape 900 on a good day. :(

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    All this talk of 3,000 and 4,000 word essays in second year is beginning to scare grenache a little. He can barely scrape 900 on a good day. :(

You're in first year???

Don't worry, it depends on the course.

I've got 1 X 1,500 word essay due in December, and 1 X 4,000 report due in May. That's it. All year. I've not written an essay since last February. :(

Although apparently we're going to be assigned more essays/presentations in the coming year, so that won't be as lol-worthy as this.

Nova_era wrote: »
    You're in first year???

It's complicated...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

assignment that is "supposed" to be 2000 words is quickly turning into 10,000 words.Masterplan - nobody's is gonna be under 4000 words. Sick of it at this stage - and I've diagrams to put in as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'll be on a bus to New York this time tomorrow:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

deisedude wrote: »
    I'll be on a bus to New York this time tomorrow:D

Lucky you. Enjoy it while u can :D.

I was well up for just getting onto ryanair on saturday night just randomly picking somewhere and flying off for 4 or five days..........sadly work rang and said id have to work this week :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I was well up for just getting onto ryanair on saturday night just randomly picking somewhere and flying off for 4 or five days..........sadly work rang and said id have to work this week :mad:.

Yeah I'm off to Brussels in a week, can't wait! :D

grenache wrote: »

900 on a good day? I got 2,600 done yesterday!

Be very scared grenache...be oh so very scared! :D
    dude, you are so ahead of me its not even funny :mad:

why cant i just get my ass in gear?

I was bored at the time of the first essay and wanted something to do, now I'm actually enjoying getting stuff done. :o

Simple 'yours' maybe? I don't know why that won't suffice!

Sounds awesome, should've left work.

I always book those Ryanair deals drunkenly, and then have to tell work the next day. I usually go Monday - Thursday, meaning I don't miss any work. :D

I'm off to Madrid on Thursday week. :D

Ah the UCC Boards Beers thread has been locked. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ah the UCC Boards Beers thread has been locked. :(

Sorry. :(
    I can reopen it if you want, but if someone's planning to organise another meetup I think it would be better to start a new thread/poll.

• Advertisement

I can reopen it if you want, but if someone's planning to organise another meetup I think it would be better to start a new thread/poll.

I'm currently doing some scheming..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Dear god man, you're a MOD. If you apologise again, I'll have you demoted and roundly trashed.

Suppose so. I thought that the thread would become a general place to ask if beers will be held. A new thread wouldn't hurt though.
    I'm currently doing some scheming..

Hmm. You organising your own beers? :P

Maybe we should go abroad for one of our beers. Just pick somewhere realy cheap and go for maybe a day or day and a half. Although some from what i hear (parsley) may need to book two return flights incase they arent to the liking of the airline security :).
    Itll probably never happen but it would be cool either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Orizio wrote: »
    Dear god man, you're a MOD. If you apologise again, I'll have you demoted and roundly trashed.

Sorry :(

Oh shi.....

Maybe we should go abroad for one of our beers. Just pick somewhere realy cheap and go for maybe a day or day and a half. Although some from what i hear (parsley) may need to book two return flights incase they arent to the liking of the airline security :).
    Itll probably never happen but it would be cool either way.

That brings a new meaning to 'Boards Beers'!

Sorry :(

Oh shi.....

Ban him Orizio...! :D

That brings a new meaning to 'Boards Beers'!

I got to germany for 30 quid not long ago...if you got just a couple together it would be awesome but as things usualy go they probabyl still wouldnt turn up after paying. I know that one of the societies went abroad for their mystery tour last year. They gave all their details to the organisers and didnt find out where they were going till they checked in. Something like that would be awesome.

I got to germany for 30 quid not long ago...if you got just a couple together it would be awesome but as things usualy go they probabyl still wouldnt turn up after paying. I know that one of the societies went abroad for their mystery tour last year. They gave all their details to the organisers and didnt find out where they were going till they checked in. Something like that would be awesome.

Probably. The major thing is that the people wouldn't go abroad if they won't even go to a bar for a few beers.

• Advertisement

Indeed. Damn u lazy UCC boardsies. :)

Advertisement