Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I got to germany for 30 quid not long ago...if you got just a couple together it would be awesome but as things usualy go they probabyl still wouldnt turn up after paying. I know that one of the societies went abroad for their mystery tour last year. They gave all their details to the organisers and didnt find out where they were going till they checked in. Something like that would be awesome.

It was only ever going to be one of around 4 places though, due to the restrictions of flying from Cork airport to anywhere. And now the bastards have cut the Berlin route, just as things were getting interesting. :(

My cheapest flight ever was €10 return all inclusive from Dublin - Oslo. Although the sheer cost of the ****ing place really made up for the saving on the flight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Nova_era wrote: »
    It was only ever going to be one of around 4 places though, due to the restrictions of flying from Cork airport to anywhere. And now the bastards have cut the Berlin route, just as things were getting interesting. :(

My cheapest flight ever was €10 return all inclusive from Dublin - Oslo. Although the sheer cost of the ****ing place really made up for the saving on the flight. :(

Yeah Norway and Finland are about the only places in Europe that are more expensive than Ireland. I was in Finland before and it was crazy how expensive it was there. Their minimum wage is dirt aswell compared to ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

That on Ruinair? :P

I hear the airport's outside Oslo? Hence even cheaper price.

That on Ruinair? :P

I hear the airport's outside Oslo? Hence even cheaper price.

I'm used to Ryanair and their carry on at this stage, so it was no surprise to me that Olso (Torp) airport was a 2 hour bus journey from the centre of the city. I was getting off early to stay at a friends place though, so it wasn't as bad. :D

Stockholm is another one that's a bit of a trek into the city. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I'm used to Ryanair and their carry on at this stage, so it was no surprise to me that Olso (Torp) airport was a 2 hour bus journey from the centre of the city. I was getting off early to stay at a friends place though, so it wasn't as bad. :D

Stockholm is another one that's a bit of a trek into the city. :(

For the money u are paying can u realy complain? :D

• Advertisement

For the money u are paying can u realy complain? :D

Well the thing is, these countries are so expensive, that for the bus into the city, you're paying an extra €20-€30. But to get there, of course you can't complain! :)

And I've traveled so many times with Ryanair, and have never had cause for complaint. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

why is there always a baby crying on a Ryanair flight the whole time, from start to finish? I have never experienced this with any other airline?:confused:

Why is it always with Ryanair that the flight attendents are never like the calender material that Michael releases?

Why is it always with Ryanair that the flight attendents are never like the calender material that Michael releases?

You've obviously been on the wrong flights, they're always mint when I fly with them!

The key is not to fly from Dublin, as you risk the chance that some of them may be Irish.

You've obviously been on the wrong flights, they're always mint when I fly with them!

The key is not to fly from Dublin, as you risk the chance that some of them may be Irish.

I don't, I fly from Cork, nothing like the ones you might get going to exotic Oslo (Torp)!

• Advertisement

I don't, I fly from Cork, nothing like the ones you might get going to exotic Oslo (Torp)!

I've never flown from Cork with Ryanair, not a single European destination, apart from Carcassonne.. **** that!

You hop on a bus to Dublin for 4 hours, and you can go anywhere in Europe for €20. I've been to every part of Europe (partly thanks to Ryanair), but they get you to A at least! :)

I've never flown from Cork with Ryanair, not a single European destination, apart from Carcassonne.. **** that!

You hop on a bus to Dublin for 4 hours, and you can go anywhere in Europe for €20. I've been to every part of Europe (partly thanks to Ryanair), but they get you to A at least! :)

I only went with to Cork because they fly to London-Gatwick, my relatives live near there and they live an underground hop to near Wembley Stadium.

Carcassonne? Supposed to be a nice enough destination.

Aaaand I don't fancy going with Ryanair anymore, they killed me with prices the last time so I'm going to try and boycott them to the best of my ability!

Edit: Woo! 1000th post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

There ain't no carpets in my lab :(

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Edit: Woo! 1000th post!

congrats! :D

congrats! :D

Thank you!

A good chunk of them were in the UCC forum. No better place to post a milestone. :pac:

Did anyone go to the Hispanic Society quiz in the old bar tonight?

I came third. :D

Well done! Hit 'us with a few questions there!

Well done! Hit 'us with a few questions there!

Oooh I'm too tired to it tonight, but my favorite was

"In what year did the first McDonalds in Moscow open?"

There was a collective sigh of despair from the people in the quiz, as I jotted down "1990" :D

The highpoint was the Spanish girls. Christ they're hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Jesus it's cold! On an all nighter study binge because the reading week last week somehow turned into a week off, and all I can think about is how frikkin cold it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

New York was great, the 15 hours on a bus which kept breaking down on the way back was awful. That will teach me for being cheap and not getting a plane:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I went to the Bierhaus quiz after work as per normal. And won. As per normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

You hop on a bus to Dublin for 4 hours, and you can go anywhere in Europe for €20! :)
    Alternatively you could be in Shannon in 2 hours and have a good choice of destinations to choose from also. Granted this will be somewhat diminished after Ryanair cut back their schedule there.

grenache wrote: »
    I went to the Bierhaus quiz after work as per normal. And won. As per normal :)

What's the story with the Bierhaus quiz? I go in there every now and then for my fix of international beers, but was'nt aware that they had a quiz. Do you have to pay to enter?

I'd be interested in doing that next week, I'll try and get a few friends together. Unless you have space on your team? I'm a genius. :D

We should enter a Boards team, scoop first place easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

We should enter a Boards team, scoop first place easy!

Begs token drunk person

Begs token drunk person

Parsley has that I'm afraid.

Parsley has that I'm afraid.

i had drank a considerable amount more than him.... grr

he can be token mess!!

Had a Double Decker shake today.... amazing

i had drank a considerable amount more than him.... grr

he can be token mess!!

Had a Double Decker shake today.... amazing

Of course you did but you seemed well able to hold your drink.

Parsley was a mess indeed.

I saw you mention that in TLL, it's not good that I'm looking in that forum, losing my manliness. :P

Where did you get it?

Where did you get it?

Hot Shakes in the City, AMAZING.

Parsley had a Wispa Gold one which was also fairly savage.

• Advertisement

Hot Shakes in the City, AMAZING.

Parsley had a Wispa Gold one which was also fairly savage.

Expensive? :P

Advertisement