Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

http://www.livescribe.com/

:cool: :D

inyoface

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

200 Dollars.......... Eh wouldnt trust myself with one of those. Going by the fact i need to replenish to pen supply every two weeks that thing wouldnt last long around me.

Edit* i bet it cant penatrate cans like that uber JML pen from that TV ad....and that one is only 17 euro ha :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

200 Dollars.......... Eh wouldnt trust myself with one of those. Going by the fact i need to replenish to pen supply every two weeks that thing wouldnt last long around me.

I don't even trust myself with a phone worth more than sixty quid. That pen does look ridiculously fantastic though. Yes, ridiculously fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

24 american money things for a ****ing refill pad though

i bet it cant penatrate cans like that uber JML pen from that TV ad....and that one is only 17 euro ha :p

JML - Life's soloution to everything. :pac:

My mom lives out in the states and her "domestic partner" is high up in the R+D company that designed it, so i think he might have managed to swipe a freebie for me. I got it as a gift anyway.

I am a little worried about, as i go through pens like hot cakes. I managed to lose something like three in one lecture last year, if i remember correctly. Im hoping that because its so fancy, i'll mind it :)

Also, it'll really help me with my study! Now as well as procrastinating by printing blackboard slides, i can download my written notes, and print them too :P

• Advertisement

24 american money things for a ****ing refill pad though

You can get 4 pack for $20. Works out at 3.40 per pad, after excahnge rates and all that. Pricey, but hopefully worth it

Coffee anyone!!?

god i'm tired

Went from asleep to the library in eighteen minutes, I'm impressed with myself :D

Of course it only took me a further 16 minutes to get on boards but still!

Went from asleep to the library in eighteen minutes, I'm impressed with myself :D

Of course it only took me a further 16 minutes to get on boards but still!

*looks around to see if he can spot EB

Which one of ye bastards is sitting behind me??

Blue Jacket on Q+1.....:cool:

I see all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Which one of ye bastards is sitting behind me??

Blue Jacket on Q+1.....:cool:

I see all

Nah Q+3 is my usual haunt.

Was he on boards? :P

*looks around to see if he can spot EB

mwahahaha I'm a ninja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Think I might have tonsillitis :( and I'm playing a gig on Friday. That should be fun. On a completely related note: come to the gig! tis in the Cruiscín Lán. If ye're into that type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Think I might have tonsillitis :( and I'm playing a gig on Friday. That should be fun. On a completely related note: come to the gig! tis in the Cruiscín Lán. If ye're into that type of thing.

No offence but you are hardly giving yourself a ringing endorsement there. :D

deisedude wrote: »
    No offence but you are hardly giving yourself a ringing endorsement there. :D

Haha yeah. I should mention that I'm only a mere rhythm guitarist so my physical health doesn't matter. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The amount of alcohol one consumes in a night is inversely proportional to how good one looks in photographs. :(

The amount of alcohol one consumes in a night is inversely proportional to how good one looks in photographs. :(

This is not true. Well known fact that one either looks amazing or is invisible when drunk. Depends on whether one is dancing/having photo taken, or eating a take away withough chewing/stealing a traffic cone/puking

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Any idea when they will be refurbishing the connolly building computer lab? Sick of having to come on campus to use a computer, they were a grand lab, though about 15 mins before any of our lectures down there, we'd take over the whole place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I'm stressing so much, I've a German class on a Thursday that I hav'nt been to in 5 weeks, for various reasons.. today however, I just could'nt even bear to get out of bed and go, it's actually depressing me and stressing me out. :(

I hate the German dept now, they've just ****ing me over so much atm!

Nova_era wrote: »
    I hate the German dept now, they've just ****ing me over so much atm!

I think a lot of people have the same opinion of the German department. Really regret picking it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

This is not true. Well known fact that one either looks amazing or is invisible when drunk. Depends on whether one is dancing/having photo taken, or eating a take away withough chewing/stealing a traffic cone/puking

That only applies for people who are (at the very least) moderately attractive to being with. So the whole "me looking amazing" thing never applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Aynybody want to come up to Q+3 and do my stats study for me?

Im getting bored up here........

If any of ye are around, Parsleys band are playing the old bar in about 20mins

I think a lot of people have the same opinion of the German department. Really regret picking it now.

I can't regret picking it, as I was never going to study anything else, but this year it's just becoming painful to even go to the lectures. Completely different to first year.

I can't regret picking it, as I was never going to study anything else, but this year it's just becoming painful to even go to the lectures. Completely different to first year.

Awh man you're stuck with it? What else are you doing?

Awh man you're stuck with it? What else are you doing?

European Studies, which you've gotta study at least one language with. I've studied German for 12 years, and been to Germany so many times, so it was natural that I did German with it. And don't get me wrong, I love Germany, and German, but the way the German department are running things at the moment has become a complete joke.

Our grammar class has turned into a session for the lecturer to tell us stories about her childhood, and Translation class today saw the lecturer say "I'm not really with it today, as I'm on drugs". :/

I'm just a bit worried, as like many others, I've started to skip lectures due to their entirely useless nature, which could lead to failure of exams. And third year is spent abroad, so I of course want that to happen ASAP.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Do what i do and strike a ridiculous pose in every photo that is taken of you. That way i always look bad! Of course if i were to die tomorrow in a really tragic way some lazy journalist will use a picture of me doing "vogue" that they found on Facebook:p

European Studies, which you've gotta study at least one language with. I've studied German for 12 years, and been to Germany so many times, so it was natural that I did German with it. And don't get me wrong, I love Germany, and German, but the way the German department are running things at the moment has become a complete joke.

Our grammar class has turned into a session for the lecturer to tell us stories about her childhood, and Translation class today saw the lecturer say "I'm not really with it today, as I'm on drugs". :/

I'm just a bit worried, as like many others, I've started to skip lectures due to their entirely useless nature, which could lead to failure of exams. And third year is spent abroad, so I of course want that to happen ASAP.

:(

That's f*cked up. You should just go to the lectures and get it done, despite how odd and useless it is.

That's f*cked up. You should just go to the lectures and get it done, despite how odd and useless it is.

Yeah, I'll probably settle back down once this presentation on Tuesday is over.

On another note, would everyone agree that New York song by Alicia Keys is the best thing ever?! I'm not into that kind of music at all, but that song kills! :D

• Advertisement

F*cking toe. I walked full force into the door frame of my bathroom the other night...result was a slight compression fracture. Add that to the list of injuries I've accumulated.

Advertisement