Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

alicia-keys.jpg

Ummm Alicia Key's...songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Hmm theres a pheasant wandering around next to the entrance down to the boole basement....anyone looking for a cheap christmas dinner? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Hmm theres a pheasant wandering around next to the entrance down to the boole basement....anyone looking for a cheap christmas dinner? :p

Nice! Thats kind of bizarre...

Anyone a fan of Pearl Jam here? Heading up to see them in Dublin and Belfast in June, so happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Nice! Thats kind of bizarre...

Anyone a fan of Pearl Jam here? Heading up to see them in Dublin and Belfast in June, so happy! :D

Love them. Whats your favourite song of theirs? Mine is Better man

deisedude wrote: »
    Love them. Whats your favourite song of theirs? Mine is Better man

Mines either Immortality/Leash or The End :) Vitalogy is my favourite album in the world!

• Advertisement

Mines either Immortality/Leash or The End :) Vitalogy is my favourite album in the world!

Is the new album worth buying? I've only heard songs on the radio and wasnt blown away with what i heard. The new Alice in Chains stuff sounded a lot better

Is the new album worth buying? I've only heard songs on the radio and wasnt blown away with what i heard. The new Alice in Chains stuff sounded a lot better

Its good. A lot shorter than previous albums but its still excellent - check out The End, fantastic stuff

I love the AIC record as well though! Best comeback album I've heard in a long while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Ok, I just had a dream that UCC was invaded by zombies and it made me think, where would you go if it was?

I've the ORB (too much glass and entrances) and the Boole (too hard to block the stairway) crossed off anyway. Yes I've thought about this a lot.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Ok, I just had a dream that UCC was invaded by zombies and it made me think, where would you go if it was?

I've the ORB (too much glass and entrances) and the Boole (too hard to block the stairway) crossed off anyway. Yes I've thought about this a lot.:eek:

Old bar? Upstairs in the Main Rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've had many a conversation about this.Best places would be Kane(lots of chemicals),and the top of the East,West and North Wing as you could pick them off from distance.

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    I've had many a conversation about this.Best places would be Kane(lots of chemicals),and the top of the East,West and North Wing as you could pick them off from distance.

I'd pick the distillery building because i doubt the zombies would walk that far:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Anybody here doing an engineering course? Just wondering because i just got a fairly random email (that was sent to all engineers) from some guy in civil engineering that wants to cast some people in a nudist film that he is going to make. Yes, that is right, a nudist film!

Anyone else come arcoss this?

I'd pick the distillery building because i doubt the zombies would walk that far:D

I think that would only be if they were college student zombies. What if they were those mad feckers from 28 Days Later?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

titan18 wrote: »
    I've had many a conversation about this.Best places would be Kane(lots of chemicals),
    nothing to eat in there though. long term survival might be an issue.
    and the top of the East,West and North Wing as you could pick them off from distance.
    with what?
    and the lines of sight are poor, unless the zombies do a graduation style march across the quad you'd have trouble going counterstrike sniper on them.

basically I'd stick with any of the old buildings that are more than two stories. write off the ground floor so you're only defending stairwells and go medieval on them.

Looks like Boardsies have really thought about this zombie invasion! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think that would only be if they were college student zombies. What if they were those mad feckers from 28 Days Later?!

They weren't zombies though.That was the rage virus
    deRanged wrote: »
    nothing to eat in there though. long term survival might be an issue.

with what?
    and the lines of sight are poor, unless the zombies do a graduation style march across the quad you'd have trouble going counterstrike sniper on them.

basically I'd stick with any of the old buildings that are more than two stories. write off the ground floor so you're only defending stairwells and go medieval on them.

You bring your stockpiled food that you had incase of a zombie outbreak.

With your sniper rifle,everyone should have one incase of a zombie outbreak.Along with a chainsaw,they are invaluable.Those stones would be good for barricading doors too in the North Wing.

Id say hide out in the library. The zombies would probably be so pissed off at all the people talking in there the inability to find a computer that they'd probably just leave anyway ;)

*That is taking into sonsideration these might be scholarly zombies :D

I hadnt thought of that. Ok i pick the windle building because i'm pretty sure 90% of students don't know where it is so i presume zombies wont know either

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I hadnt thought of that. Ok i pick the windle building because i'm pretty sure 90% of students don't know where it is so i presume zombies wont know either

I'm in the 10% that do know!! - just a thought, if zombies did appear, wouldn't they be originating from with the Windle building judging by what departments are in there??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Id say hide out in the library.

the chances of them being able to use rfid cards are also somewhat slim.
    imagine a zombie hoard foiled by UCC security systems. the mind boggles.

on that point - doesn't the biosciences have key card lifts and super secure upper floors? (with one completely open way in) you might be able to hole up in there and even work on a cure.

• Advertisement

We should come up with a foolproof plan and then sticky it here. That way all us Boardsies will survive! :P

I'm in the 10% that do know!! - just a thought, if zombies did appear, wouldn't they be originating from with the Windle building judging by what departments are in there??

What departments are in there, i've never been inside of it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

What departments are in there, i've never been inside of it

Anatomy and physiology - there are cadavars kept there for the medical students

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Just got a result for an assignment there - 5% of module - FAIL. Guess why?

Because on the email I sent I put the last digit of my student number as a 2 instead of a 1 by a mistake. BUT the assignment attachment (a maths file) had a title with the correct student number, as did the actual assignment itself.

Crazy ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Because on the email I sent I put the last digit of my student number as a 2 instead of a 1 by a mistake. BUT the assignment attachment (a maths file) had a title with the correct student number, as did the actual assignment itself.

Crazy ****.

Ah that's f*cked up. :mad:

Crazy ****.

That is realy stupid and not fair at all. Losing 5% of a module cause of a tiny mistake in your student number...not even the assignment itself. But sure the lecturer/corrector never makes mistakes i guess :rolleyes:

I say go and challenge the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

If the campus was indeed invaded by zombies, i would go straight for the secretarys office in the Geography building. Because not evening flesh eating sub-humans could put up with the cretins inhabiting that office. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

grenache wrote: »
    If the campus was indeed invaded by zombies, i would go straight for the secretarys office in the Geography building. Because not evening flesh eating sub-humans could put up with the cretins inhabiting that office. :)

Or you could go hide behind that scary woman in the library

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Crazy ****.

Sickner! Go and complain, that's ridiculous :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Or you could go hide behind that scary woman in the library
    What woman would that be?

Advertisement