Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

yup

Ye hand up too much stuff for ye're own good

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ye hand up too much stuff for ye're own good

Yeah, we do! :D

Handed up about 2 documents that totalled about 17000 words before Christmas

Yeah, we do! :D

Handed up about 2 documents that totalled about 17000 words before Christmas

They can't all be worth that much though?

I have my doubts as to wether or not submitting half the stuff ye do is actually worth the effort....

Like a weeks work for under 5% = Not worth the hassle...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

They can't all be worth that much though?

I have my doubts as to wether or not submitting half the stuff ye do is actually worth the effort....

Like a weeks work for under 5% = Not worth the hassle...

It was for the whole module, 2 documents that were 50 per cent each, one was way longer than the other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I told my friends I wanted a surpsrise party for my 21st. they laughed and said It wouldnt be a surprise because I had asked for it. I disagree..... :D God i hope it goes ahead, want a party without the hassle and stress of actually having to organise a party! they have 11 months to make it happen......

also, it seems there is life on this forum now, Wahey!

Woooo! I thank blame boredom and procrastination!

One of my resolutions was to start college work a lot more early...But I suppose its not New Years yet! I really am deluding myself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I know this is a long shot, but is it legal to drink on trains? As in. throw a few cans in your bag and drink them?

What about actually pouring a pint in a glass, is that going too far? :P

I know this is a long shot, but is it legal to drink on trains? As in. throw a few cans in your bag and drink them?

Once it is after a certain time AFAIK - I was on a train last year, Cork to Dublin train and there was a Dublin rugby team on it, and they were after winning - cue them walking onto the train with slabs of beer, and drinking them, some had plastic pint glasses, others dranks from the cans.

They serve wine and spirits on board the main trains as well after a certain time, not sure what time.

Does not say anything in the customer charter thing about not drinking http://www.irishrail.ie/home/passenger_charter.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

It doesnt say to not drink on the bus either i dont think! era, ill chance it i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

If nobody sees you, then it's not illegal ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

people do it all the time - they do have a bar on the train too.
    I was on the 10:00 dublin/cork train about a month ago, and a bunch of dublin bus drivers started tearing into beers before we'd left the station.

fire away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Yes you can. It's called being a scumbag. There's a specific carriage on the train for drinking. You're not meant to drink on just any of the carriages. The thing is that rule tends to get ignored when a bunch of rugby or gaa supporters get on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Yes you can. It's called being a scumbag. There's a specific carriage on the train for drinking. You're not meant to drink on just any of the carriages. The thing is that rule tends to get ignored when a bunch of rugby or gaa supporters get on the train.

Typical fecking Ireland

And proper order it is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Another New Years over thank Ala!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

2010 now. 2009 flew by. That or I'm getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

2010 now. 2009 flew by. That or I'm getting old.

The latter.....:pac::pac:

The latter.....:pac::pac:

Meh, 20 in a couple of months. I'd rather stay in my teen years. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Meh, 20 in a couple of months. I'd rather stay in my teen years. :pac:

Wait, you're still 19?
    Crap, that makes me feel old now. :( (I turned 20 last month - not being a teenager anymore is quite depressing.)

Wait, you're still 19?
    Crap, that makes me feel old now. :( (I turned 20 last month - not being a teenager anymore is quite depressing.)

Shuddup you, you're only a pup!!

I'm nearly ready for a bus pass, and grenache is bald and impotent :pac::P:D

Shuddup you, you're only a pup!!

If you're ready for a bus pass you must be hitting the baldness stage before grenache?
    Wait, you're still 19?

Happy birthday, late one. What age did you think I was?

• Advertisement

That must be your mental age if you're in college 'a long, long time' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm slightly worried about asking you how you know this! :p

I don't know, actually. Most of my friends are older than me so I just kinda assume everyone else in UCC is. Makes absolutely no sense, but meh.

That must be your mental age if you're in college 'a long, long time' ;)

i'd watch myself young man....

Dwayne+Johnson.jpg

Austin > The Rock.

StoneCold_Steve_Austin.jpg

And that's the bottom line...cos Stone Cold says so!

Totally off conversation but who cares!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

9am lecture on the FOURTH of January. **** off UCC :mad: (though it is the only one I have all day)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I've a presentation tomorrow afternoon, once again, **** you UCC! :(

Nova_era wrote: »
    I've a presentation tomorrow afternoon, once again, **** you UCC! :(

+1!

report done, 2 assignments to go for Thursday!

+1!

report done, 2 assignments to go for Thursday!

-3 ... i havn't checked my timetable yet..
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Was in Aras na Laoi today for the first time. What a dump and it somehow managed to be colder inside the room than it was outside in the shade.Nearly died on the way from brookfielod down there :P

Woot no classes on tuesdays for the next six weeks...

Advertisement