Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'm nearly ready for a bus pass, and grenache is bald and impotent :pac::P:D
    Your mum doesn't seem to think so ;)

On a different note, why
    are we back in college today, Jan 4th? For christ sake Christmas hasn't even ended yet! I would have thought the 11th would have been time enough to go back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

grenache wrote: »
    Your mum doesn't seem to think so ;)

On a different note, why are we back in college today, Jan 4th? For christ sake Christmas hasn't even ended yet! I would have thought the 11th would have been time enough to go back.

I've no idea - Christmas does not finish tilll the Wise Men have to go into the crib on the 6th :D

Its so cold and slippery, I've a tutorial at 4, that I probably should have changed to three, so I'm in the library doing some "work" :D

Actually I was thinking over Christmas, that we should have some sort of a boardsie hunt in the library, basically one of us is somewhere in the library and gives clues as to where they are and what they are wearing, and first person to find them wins. Make it harder by getting the person to move, but post the movement online - I could imagine the chaos! Twould be fun though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm wearing a Pacman hoodie right now, so I'd be easy enough to spot. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Someone give me rough directions to the Connolly building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Orizio wrote: »

Take a left.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Go out the main gates, walk towards the city, once you get to Jurys, the Connolly building is across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Go out the main gates, walk towards the city, once you get to Jurys, the Connolly building is across the road.

Cheers, I assumed that was the building just wanted to be sure. Bit of a depressing dump. :(

Cheers, I assumed that was the building just wanted to be sure. Bit of a depressing dump. :(

Yep it is depressing - I've the "joy" of being present in said building at 9am on Tuesday, both last semester and this semester. The only thing that was going in it favour was the lovely quiet computer room (which was always invaded by us Sports Studies students for the 20 mins before the class :D ) Anyone know if it is back in use??

Yep it is depressing - I've the "joy" of being present in said building at 9am on Tuesday, both last semester and this semester. The only thing that was going in it favour was the lovely quiet computer room (which was always invaded by us Sports Studies students for the 20 mins before the class :D ) Anyone know if it is back in use??
    Not until late Jan or early February from what i heard.

You still lookin for a gaff brother??

• Advertisement

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I get a 7.30 train to get into Cork on time, which means I'm out there at 8.15, which is a bugger :( But the computer room opened at 8.30 which was grand. Can't take a lter train cos I will be stuck in traffic getting there on the bus

on a way off topic note, how come when mods like Orizio or KnifeWRENCH (had to include him!) post a new reply and I get the notification that it simply reads "has just replied........" without their username?? Not just UCC mods, but every mod? I'm being serious.

Is it just my hotmail, or does it happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Can't take a lter train cos I will be stuck in traffic getting there on the bus

it's an easy enough walk from the train station, and no need to worry about traffic then.

on another note, that last stretch from Gaol Cross to the WGB has been extremely slippy the last few days. bring on the thaw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Footpaths in general all over the place have been awful. Thankfully they gritted the one on College Road going into Brookfield, that was like a skating rink yesterday. But I don't know how many times I almost fell this morning walking from Tara Lawn, through Glasheen Road and Lisieux Park onto College Road. The paths were absolutely lethal.

Footpaths in general all over the place have been awful. Thankfully they gritted the one on College Road going into Brookfield, that was like a skating rink yesterday. But I don't know how many times I almost fell this morning walking from Tara Lawn, through Glasheen Road and Lisieux Park onto College Road. The paths were absolutely lethal.

The ones outside Connolly are very bad this morning, walking back into college was a nightmare. The ones by the train station are quite bad as well I heard, before Christmas they were lethal and still are from what I hear.

Two of my friends drove in, they were grand driving in, but nearly killed themselves getting out of the car, slipping on ice! I[ve to walk to WGB this afternoon, hope they have thawed out some bit by then!

I'm wearing a Pacman hoodie right now, so I'd be easy enough to spot. ;)

I was in a tutorial then, I;d have come up and said hello otherwise!

I'm wearing a Cork jersey in the library, here till about 2, so if anyone wants to distract me away from the "lovely" essay I'm doing, you are more than welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Feck sake I can't make an important lecture now because of the ice up by my house :(

The ones by the train station are quite bad as well I heard, before Christmas they were lethal and still are from what I hear.

the one down to the tile centre from the station is brutal, specially right at the end where the slope is quite steep. they gritted it yesterday so it wasn't too bad today. it's still dodgy though.
    I[ve to walk to WGB this afternoon, hope they have thawed out some bit by then!

these weren't as bad today, but I hear the temps will drop to 0 again around 4 this afternoon, so I think they might get slippy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

is it just me or is it seriously quiet around today? I thought it was fairly slow in the WGB yesterday but its like it was the week before christmas today. People not traveled due to ice maybe?

ziedth wrote: »
    is it just me or is it seriously quiet around today?

no - it's awful quiet.
    the boss said noone turned up to one of his lectures yesterday, and that was a dip class (so normally very good about turning up).
    I think that lots of people just can't/won't travel at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

is it just me or is it seriously quiet around today? I thought it was fairly slow in the WGB yesterday but its like it was the week before christmas today. People not traveled due to ice maybe?

I didnt have a class till 3 so i wouldnt know :pac::pac::pac:

Although instead of giving us the three hour lab they gave us the ten min lab safety talk that we've heard a million times and told us to go home. I spent six times as much time getting to college than i actualy spent in there...

deRanged wrote: »

these weren't as bad today, but I hear the temps will drop to 0 again around 4 this afternoon, so I think they might get slippy again.

Yeah, they had thawed out a bit, still slipped twice! Back in the safety of the library now!

Yeah it was fierce quiet today when I went down - a bit eerie!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Yeah it was fierce quiet today when I went down - a bit eerie!

Ya tell me about it, i getting lonely here in the shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I think I sum it up for everyone when I say b*stard ice!

I think I sum it up for everyone when I say b*stard ice!
    Quit moaning! Have you seen the state of southern England?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Quit moaning! Have you seen the state of southern England?!

Does it look like I give a toss about the south of England in comparision with Ireland? :pac:

Does it look like I give a toss about the south of England in comparision with Ireland? :pac:

rolf!! latent nationalism ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

Are the First Arts summer exams usually done by the middle of May or do they run on as far as the 27th. Just need to know if I can book a holiday or not. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I was finished on the 29th when I was in first year :(

Advertisement