Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Nova_era wrote: »
    I'm just looking up student accomodation in Vienna; this erasmus year is starting to become real, and frankly quite frightening!

Its an expensive city but dear god its beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Its an expensive city but dear god its beautiful.

No more expensive than Dublin or Cork, at least that's how I found it. I've actually only spent one night there, as a a trip from Budapest. Is it really a nice place? I chose it based on location more than anything else. And Austrian girls. :)

We travelled between Vienna,Salzburg and Munich a few years back and i must say i was taken back by Vienna. Its just such a lovely place,great atmosphere around the place and as you said, the lovely Austrian women. How long will you be going for?

We travelled between Vienna,Salzburg and Munich a few years back and i must say i was taken back by Vienna. Its just such a lovely place,great atmosphere around the place and as you said, the lovely Austrian women. How long will you be going for?

I'll be studying there for a full academic year, but I'll be heading over in mid-August and probably staying til at least August 2011 (exams over there are in July as far as I know).

I spent a lot of the summer traveling around Eastern Europe, and I kept bumping into really friendly Austrians, so I said I'd call into Vienna on my way home for a night (I was flying back from Munich). Despite only spending around 20 hours there, I did a lot and really enjoyed the place. Austrians are drastically different to Germans, which is refreshing. Great sense of humor, very approachable, and just a lot of fun to hang out with. :)

I'm envious of you having visited Salzburg; I passed through it on the way to Munich from Vienna, and it was painful to be confined to the train while looking at the scenery. If I can take my eyes off Eastern Europe while in Vienna, I'm really going to try and see a bit of the rest of Austria.

I'll be studying there for a full academic year, but I'll be heading over in mid-August and probably staying til at least August 2011 (exams over there are in July as far as I know).

I spent a lot of the summer traveling around Eastern Europe, and I kept bumping into really friendly Austrians, so I said I'd call into Vienna on my way home for a night (I was flying back from Munich). Despite only spending around 20 hours there, I did a lot and really enjoyed the place. Austrians are drastically different to Germans, which is refreshing. Great sense of humor, very approachable, and just a lot of fun to hang out with. :)

I'm envious of you having visited Salzburg; I passed through it on the way to Munich from Vienna, and it was painful to be confined to the train while looking at the scenery. If I can take my eyes off Eastern Europe while in Vienna, I'm really going to try and see a bit of the rest of Austria.

The country has scenery that you only see in the movies. Im probably gonna re-do the trip i did a few years ago during the summer as it was a small bit rushed,even though i saw a lot id say theres so much i missed there aswell.

• Advertisement

The country has scenery that you only see in the movies. Im probably gonna re-do the trip i did a few years ago during the summer as it was a small bit rushed,even though i saw a lot id say theres so much i missed there aswell.

Do yourself a favor and include Budapest on that trip, if you haven't been there, it's amazing. In my opinion the most beautiful city in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I'm heading to France next year on Erasmus and we still haven't been told anything about it, never mind booking accomodation etc. French Department are a fuccing disgrace, noone seems to know whose responsability it is. Still not sure what city to go to like :(

I'm heading to France next year on Erasmus and we still haven't been told anything about it, never mind booking accomodation etc. French Department are a fuccing disgrace, noone seems to know whose responsability it is. Still not sure what city to go to like :(

Head up to the International Office, they're the ones who are gonna help you the most. However, it's up to your department to sort out where you're going to, so I'd recommend getting onto someone in the French department ASAP, so choose a destination. You're gonna have to have a deposit paid on accommodation in France by the end of February, lest you be left with places out on the sticks to choose from.

Head up to the International Office, they're the ones who are gonna help you the most. However, it's up to your department to sort out where you're going to, so I'd recommend getting onto someone in the French department ASAP, so choose a destination. You're gonna have to have a deposit paid on accommodation in France by the end of February, lest you be left with places out on the sticks to choose from.

He's already living out in the sticks as it is so it should suit him :D

Cheers for that, yup I got onto the French department and they replied saying that everything is grand and that I should 'not worry' :mad: They said they should have a talk with us in January, no specifics. They're an absolute joke tbh

• Advertisement

Cheers for that, yup I got onto the French department and they replied saying that everything is grand and that I should 'not worry' :mad: They said they should have a talk with us in January, no specifics. They're an absolute joke tbh

They're also cheats

They're also cheats

Assuming you mean the Henry incident, we'll not bring up the past mkay?! I'm actually hoping to use that as a chat-up line next year, the French girls might have pity for us poor Irish being cheated! ;)

"so i hear ye frenchies like putting yer hands on our balls"

How could they say no.

Assuming you mean the Henry incident, we'll not bring up the past mkay?! I'm actually hoping to use that as a chat-up line next year, the French girls might have pity for us poor Irish being cheated! ;)

Those French chicks love the Irish anyway, I wouldn't worry about resorting to methods as drastic as that!

I was in the Hi-B in Cork a few nights ago, and there were 2 French girls there, on their first night in Ireland. Wrong place to tell people that you're French...

"so i hear ye frenchies like putting yer hands on our balls"

Seeing as the match was played in Paris, I would imagine that the balls in question were more French than Irish.

Did I just waste both of our time by posting that?

Yes I did.

I apologise. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

A french guy apologised to me on behalf of his nation after the incident

deisedude wrote: »
    A french guy apologised to me on behalf of his nation after the incident

I'm not surprised, they really do feel sorry for us Paddys!

Anyone wanna do my french essay for me??

I'm not surprised, they really do feel sorry for us Paddys!

Anyone wanna do my french essay for me??

I'll give it a shot, i've no French but how hard could it be?:p

I'll give it a shot, i've no French but how hard could it be?:p

Sure just write it in english and use the google translate thing ;)

How off could it possibly be.......

Sure just write it in english and use the google translate thing ;)

How off could it possibly be.......

Ok heres the start of the essay using Papa Lazarous advice "Il y a une partie de mon pantelon et tout le monde est invite!"

• Advertisement

Ok heres the start of the essay using Papa Lazarous advice "Il y a une partie de mon pantelon et tout le monde est invite!"

Slút

Slut.

I'm sorry i don't speak French:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

fuck :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I know 'The Wind That Shakes The Barley' is showing in Boole 2 some night this week and some time with Donal O'Driscoll given a lecture, what time and day? I'm too lazy to re-check my e-mail.

UCC Historical Society Presents- Wind that Shakes the Barley"When: Thursday, January 21st at 6pm Where: Boole 2 Description: There will be a screening of the ever popular movie After the film there will be a talk by the Historical advisor behind the movie Dr. Donal O'Drisceoil entitled "Framing the Irish Revolution" There will of course be intervals and some food and fizzy drinks will be provided.

There ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Oh I don't like that 'food and fizzy drinks' talk - sounds like some form of social gathering...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Orizio wrote: »
    Oh I don't like that 'food and fizzy drinks' talk - sounds like some form of social gathering...:(

It's ok. I'll be there. We can hoard the sandwiches in the corner while scowling at those anti-treaty traitors.:mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The very film is on Film 4 now. Still hard to believe it won the Palme D'or. Some of the ''acting'' in it is highly questionable...

I'd go if it was Michael Collins, what a movie. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I'd go if it was Michael Collins, what a movie. :D

British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
    Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

I read somewhere that that particular exchange actually happened. :D

Advertisement