Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Nova_era wrote: »
    Yeah I do travel a lot, generally at least one country a month, depending on work and college.

Thats great. So how much would a weekend away cost? Do you have a regular group?

Id love to go travelling but Ive no job so no financial basis.
    Did you not like Kreuzberg???

Really didnt like it. Not compared to some of the other places weve been. I attribute it mostly to the hostel to be honest. Crap place so we didnt meet anyone.
    Did you go to Szimpla when you were there?

Yup! Great place! And on to Corvenjeto nightclub aftwerwards...

orangetictac tagged along with me. I was trying to get rid of him the whole trip but he wouldnt bugger off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Thats great. So how much would a weekend away cost? Do you have a regular group?

Id love to go travelling but Ive no job so no financial basis.

Really didnt like it. Not compared to some of the other places weve been. I attribute it mostly to the hostel to be honest. Crap place so we didnt meet anyone.

Yup! Great place! And on to Corvenjeto nightclub aftwerwards...

orangetictac tagged along with me. I was trying to get rid of him the whole trip but he wouldnt bugger off :D

I always go on my own, with the odd exception, only on shorter trips. None of my friends want to go travelling for a month at a time, in places like Moldova and Romania! It works out a lot cheaper/stress free when you're alone, that's for sure, and I've become used to it. You could get to any Eastern European country for less than €100 return, and while you're there, living is so cheap. Hungary is actually relatively expensive, in comparison with the rest of Eastern Europe. For example I was in a bar in Lviv (Ukraine), and there was 2 taps - Staropramen and some local stuff. The locals drank the local stuff cos the Staropramen was overpriced. It worked out at 80cent a pint of Staropramen, so I splashed out. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

I was trying to get rid of him the whole trip

Nearly worked.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

College won in the Sigersion for anyone interested!

Play NUI Galway next week at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

College won in the Sigersion for anyone interested!

Play NUI Galway next week at home!

2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Horrible match.

There was two interesting things, the nicely taken UCC goal, and the Cavan lad at full forward tricking the ref into booking the UCC full back. Never seen such pre-meditated and blatant cheating on a GAA pitch in my life.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know exactly where Mervyn O'Driscoll's office is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Munich to Budapest trip all organised and booked for June. Cant wait.

Orizio wrote: »
    Does anyone know exactly where Mervyn O'Driscoll's office is?

5 Perrot Avenue, up the stairs, and right in front of you then.

Munich to Budapest trip all organised and booked for June. Cant wait.

That sounds deadly! What date are you going to be in Budapest?

That sounds deadly! What date are you going to be in Budapest?

If my planning actually works out ill be there between the 23rd and 27th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

is anyone else horrendously bored??

• Advertisement

I have the new episode of house to watch so im sorted for the next 40 mins. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

is anyone else horrendously bored??

Yep, loads to do but fcuk all motivation to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bunnyfox7

Ditto to the above. Not bored to want to study or do anything productive though

i've a rake of cans in the fridge aswell but my stupid housemates are in bed... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bunnyfox7

boooo to that! can't wait for the science ball tomoro night, perfect excuse for a piss up

i've a rake of cans in the fridge aswell but my stupid housemates are in bed... :(

I don't undertand the stigma attached to drinking alone. If anything its the best time to drink because nobody will see you make a tit of yourself. Homeless people drink the whole time on their own, its a perfectly normal thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

deisedude wrote: »
    I don't undertand the stigma attached to drinking alone. If anything its the best time to drink because nobody will see you make a tit of yourself. Homeless people drink the whole time on their own, its a perfectly normal thing to do

Homeless people aren't normal though! So whats America like then deisedude.....are the picket fences as white as they are in my dreams??

@ Grenache: Call over so

If my planning actually works out ill be there between the 23rd and 27th

I might be there on the 23rd, not sure yet though. :)

Today was so busy!

I had a European Council of Ministers summit meeting from 9:30 - 16:30, and on my break I had to run to the German department, give a 30 minute presentation about Nazis, and then go back to debate the post Lisbon Treaty strategy. :(

Bah..wish i had money and had went out tonight :(

I've an awful feeling my liver is gonna crash during rag week to make up for lack of drink over the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    Homeless people aren't normal though! So whats America like then deisedude.....are the picket fences as white as they are in my dreams??

The picket fences are whiter than imaginable! America's cool, college is piss and i'm improving at beer pong! Life is good:D

deisedude wrote: »

That "stigma" really pisses me off. Call me sad if you want, but I much prefer to get a couple of cans and stay at home in the comfort of my own home with my computer and a dvd or something. for a tenner you can have 6 cans; 6 pints would cost you the best part of €30, and then you have to get home, and maybe spend money on food or a taxi while out. I like having a pint or two with a mate, but I don't like "going out" as such. A couple of cans at home on a Friday night is my perfect friday night. It's not like I'm getting up in the morning and downing a bottle of Jim Beam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Suuuuure drunksy.

He's a pussy as well, six 'cans' and I'd still be walking perfectly in a straight line. :pac:

Where in the mother**** is the Open Reserve/Official Publications area in Q+2 in the Boole library?!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Orizio wrote: »
    Where in the mother**** is the Open Reserve/Official Publications area in Q+2 in the Boole library?!?

Just cos I'm on Q+2, you gave me the perfect excuse to go for a stroll - its at the edge of the law library, sheet of paper stuck on the end saying offical publication, saw a plaque there as well, presume its the right place! Law side nearest the main rest!

That "stigma" really pisses me off. Call me sad if you want, but I much prefer to get a couple of cans and stay at home in the comfort of my own home with my computer and a dvd or something. for a tenner you can have 6 cans; 6 pints would cost you the best part of €30, and then you have to get home, and maybe spend money on food or a taxi while out. I like having a pint or two with a mate, but I don't like "going out" as such. A couple of cans at home on a Friday night is my perfect friday night. It's not like I'm getting up in the morning and downing a bottle of Jim Beam.

That's gonna be basically my summer when i move out. Wasted so much money buying crappy over-priced pints over the summer and usually didnt have a good night.

On that note i have to start looking for somewhere to move to during the Summer. Going on my tod this year as none of my friends can afford to move out again :P

International Beers anyway for sure Papa, first to Becketts for a Soproni and then onto Szimpla. And of course, a few Unicums somewhere in between! :)

I'm not sure when I'm arriving in Budapest, I'll work out some sort of a scheduale later. I'll be arriving from Zagreb anyway, that's for sure. I booked Cork - London - Istanbul for June 7th, and Budapest - Dublin for the 24th. €150 for the lot, good deal I think. Flight to Istanbul is going to be interesting, I've never been on a plane full of muslims before. :/

International Beers anyway for sure Papa, first to Becketts for a Soproni and then onto Szimpla. And of course, a few Unicums somewhere in between! :)

I'm not sure when I'm arriving in Budapest, I'll work out some sort of a scheduale later. I'll be arriving from Zagreb anyway, that's for sure. I booked Cork - London - Istanbul for June 7th, and Budapest - Dublin for the 24th. €150 for the lot, good deal I think. Flight to Istanbul is going to be interesting, I've never been on a plane full of muslims before. :/

Yeah my flights for dub to Munich and Budapest-Dublin are coming to around 150 quid as well. Ill follow you to the pubs. You are the one with the experience. Actually really looking forward to it now :D

• Advertisement

Yeah my flights for dub to Munich and Budapest-Dublin are coming to around 150 quid as well. Ill follow you to the pubs. You are the one with the experience. Actually really looking forward to it now :D

You should be! Any visit to Budapest is something to really look forward to! Best city in Europe, as I've said before. :P I've actually not spent much time in Munich, bar one extremely long day which I spent guzzling litres of beer in the Hofbrauhaus, where Hitler began his Putsch. I'd recommend going there for a "mass" for the experience, but get the **** out of there before you get drawn in! :)

I'm just trying to decide whether or not to include Sarajevo on my tour. It's a beautiful place, but I'm trying to recall if I had enough fun there to warrant going off the beaten track a bit to call in there again. Although for the attention I got from the local women, it's worth calling in this time I think! :P

Advertisement