Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

deisedude wrote: »
    I'd imagine they will field a strong team. No better preparation for playing LIT than a match v an intercounty team. I'm hoping Honan plays anyway. Would be the first real test of Lian Lawlor at full back for Waterford

If you do go, look out for 19 year old Luke O'Farrell for UCC at corner forward - future Cork senior hurler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Orizio wrote: »
    Annoying. How does one get to Fraher field from whatever bus station/stop there is in Dungarvan? I don't know the place at all.

As far as I recall:

The bus stop is outside a pub, Davitts. Either you get off on the pub side of the road or the other side, I forget. Facing away from the pub (as if you were leaving it) turn to your right and keep walking. Go straight through the roundabout (water on your right) and go on for 100 metres, the field is on your left past the Park Hotel

Google Map - the bus stop is on Davitts quay, just north of The Causeway crossroads but below that T-junction, and Fraher Field is just north of the Park Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Speaking of UCC Sports, the Demon's basketball team were getting destroyed by 42-18 today when I last seen them. God knows what they finished up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Speaking of UCC Sports, the Demon's basketball team were getting destroyed by 42-18 today when I last seen them. God knows what they finished up.

Nasty.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Dungarvan isn't too bad, although I'll be out in East Cork at the weekend so it's far less of a trip for me. Might head up if the weather's alright.

I'm going to the Freshers game 2moro, Sigerson on Wed, & Fitz on Thursday, think by the end of Thursday, I'll have seen enough UCC teams playing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nasty.

60-24 at half time. Ended up 94-69. Disaster of a game, Glanmire ladies lost as well, so bad day all round!

Final result of that game was 94-69.

That's pretty atrocious.

Source: http://www.basketballireland.ie/competition/nationalcup/news/story.jsp?newsID=4425

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

If you do go, look out for 19 year old Luke O'Farrell for UCC at corner forward - future Cork senior hurler.

I doubt i'll go to be honest. Theres no direct flights from Cincinnati to Dungarvan:D

60-24 at half time. Ended up 94-69. Disaster of a game, Glanmire ladies lost as well, so bad day all round!

I've absolutely no idea about basketball in Ireland but it makes you question the talent level of a final.
    deisedude wrote: »
    I doubt i'll go to be honest. Theres no direct flights from Cincinnati to Dungarvan:D

Have you checked? You never know!

I'm going to the Freshers game 2moro, Sigerson on Wed, & Fitz on Thursday, think by the end of Thursday, I'll have seen enough UCC teams playing!

Where are these games on and what time?

• Advertisement

I've absolutely no idea about basketball in Ireland but it makes you question the talent level of a final.

I was watching it and it was very bad, no kinda of push on the part of Demons, some poor poor shooting, Killester had them taking very awkward shots, but some open shots they got they didn't take. At one point, one of the Demons players alley-ooped the ball for a dunk, and the other Demons player managed to miss it! Summed up their day

Turner who played for Killester was magic, hit 29 points, had a shooting rate of like 90 per cent. Neither of Demons Americans could hold him! Though when I was watching the time outs, I was wondering why the assistant coach Kelleher was talking as well, weird one as it is normally the head coach (D'Alessio) that speaks. The commentators picked up on it as well!

Demons lost to Neptune and UL (I think) last weekend, so tiredness could have been an issue, but shouldn't have been really!

Where are these games on and what time?

Freshers v LIT- 2pm Monday 1st Feb - Mardyke

Sigerson V NUIG- 2pm Wednesday 3rd Feb - no venue confirmed (thought I saw Mardyke, if it is I'm defo there, if somewhere else I'm not sure!)

Fitzgibbon V LIT - 2pm Thursday 4th Feb - Mardyke

I was watching it and it was very bad, no kinda of push on the part of Demons, some poor poor shooting, Killester had them taking very awkward shots, but some open shots they got they didn't take. At one point, one of the Demons players alley-ooped the ball for a dunk, and the other Demons player managed to miss it! Summed up their day

Turner who played for Killester was magic, hit 29 points, had a shooting rate of like 90 per cent. Neither of Demons Americans could hold him! Though when I was watching the time outs, I was wondering why the assistant coach Kelleher was talking as well, weird one as it is normally the head coach (D'Alessio) that speaks. The commentators picked up on it as well!

Demons lost to Neptune and UL (I think) last weekend, so tiredness could have been an issue, but shouldn't have been really!

Wow you're fairly knowledgeable on the sport!

Wow you're fairly knowledgeable on the sport!

Comes with the course I'm doing! :D Though we haven't done basketball yet!!

Specifically, Irish Basketball!

Freshers v LIT- 2pm Monday 1st Feb - Mardyke

Sigerson V NUIG- 2pm Wednesday 3rd Feb - no venue confirmed (thought I saw Mardyke, if it is I'm defo there, if somewhere else I'm not sure!)

Fitzgibbon V LIT - 2pm Thursday 4th Feb - Mardyke

Thanks a lot, will defintely go to UCC/LIT. Couple of questions, I noticed there were programmes at the game last Wednesday, how early do you have to be there to get one and where were they stacked?

Thanks a lot, will defintely go to UCC/LIT. Couple of questions, I noticed there were programmes at the game last Wednesday, how early do you have to be there to get one and where were they stacked?

I was in at around five to, the lads at the gate had em, didn't have many left - this is prob only for the Sigerson and Fitz games. I'm heading to the freshers game straight after a lecture, so mightn't get there till about 2.15, but I'll be down to the LIT game early!

I was in at around five to, the lads at the gate had em, didn't have many left - this is prob only for the Sigerson and Fitz games. I'm heading to the freshers game straight after a lecture, so mightn't get there till about 2.15, but I'll be down to the LIT game early!

What gate?

What gate?

One nearest the PE office

Fresher hurlers won well against LIT, some good players there - I've no names, O Sullivam (15) did well as did 12 (no idea of the name), good team performance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Just revelling from that feeling of anger and despair that I feel everytime a new edition of the Express appears. What a complete waste of paper.

Nova_era wrote: »
    Just revelling from that feeling of anger and despair that I feel everytime a new edition of the Express appears. What a complete waste of paper.

I so agree - a full page of Irish rugby at the back FFS and absolutely nothing about the UCC Sigerson cup team that won AET last Wedneday, or played the final of the McGrath cup, or the Fitz hurlers that are into the final of the Waterford crystal tournament. Now it would be very very simple to copy and paste these reports from the Munster website and put it into the paper.

How often is this paper published anyway?? Haven't seen it in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

I so agree - a full page of Irish rugby at the back FFS and absolutely nothing about the UCC Sigerson cup team that won AET last Wedneday, or played the final of the McGrath cup, or the Fitz hurlers that are into the final of the Waterford crystal tournament. Now it would be very very simple to copy and paste these reports from the Munster website and put it into the paper.

How often is this paper published anyway?? Haven't seen it in a while!

Supposed to be once a fortnight i think. Collegeroad.ie still only has the freshers week edition of the paper up:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Gees an awfully depressing feeling around UCC today. Nobody seems to be at all happy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I had a German test, worth 10%, where I had to write an dialogue on a surprise topic. The topic turned out to be prejudice towards foreigners, and I wrote a really great dialogue. Only to realise afterwards that the word "Ire" meant that the racist was Irish. Therefore all my blabberings about how Germany is a place just for Germans, and not Turks, might lose me a few marks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Does anyone know if there is a provisional date for the opening of the mardyke or is it closed indefinately for the rest of term?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Also, we just got our rent lowered so now we're paying €316 per month each and there are only 2 others in the house with me. Success!!!

I'm counting down the days!!!

• Advertisement

I'm counting down the days!!!

Gotta hit the rock climbing wall. I go jogging 3 or 4 times a week of late so some extra work on the wall would be cool.

Advertisement