Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Orizio wrote: »
    Someone tell me when the Boole library re-opens.

:rolleyes:
    Whatcha mean re-opened?? Why was it closed??

Fire alarms again. B*starding f**king fire alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

:rolleyes:

So am I to take it that its back open?

So am I to take it that its back open?

'tis.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Fire drill or them not working?? The one day I'm not in the library :D Picked a good day to go shopping so!

I was inside in the main last Friday and we were part of the fire drill, guy wouldn't leave us go for five minutes - we were all out under three minutes which is the recommended time

Fire drill or them not working?? The one day I'm not in the library :D Picked a good day to go shopping so!

Option 3 - R&G week perhaps? Only a theory of indivuduals taking the mick.

Wasn't as long as before we were allowed back in but a nuisance nevertheless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Option 3 - R&G week perhaps? Only a theory of indivuduals taking the mick.

Wasn't as long as before we were allowed back in but a nuisance nevertheless.

Come to think of it, no wonder I ended up with a bad headache Friday after that fire drill. I'll be in there 2moro alrite, around 9 until 12 and 2 to about 5

I'll be in there 2moro alrite, around 9 until 12 and 2 to about 5

Ode to joy!

Ode to joy!

I'm so far behind, have to have a file in on Wed, absolute sh*tload of typing to do, have most of it written out, or notes made - just putting it all together will be a pain! May have to come up on Saturday as well, though with the Ireland game @ 5, I dunno!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

the joys of R&G week are lost on me. I've been feeling "blah" all week. :(
    And I've yet to start two of my three assignments due tomorrow. Double blah.

The only difference between this week and last week for me is that the numbers in class are slightly down - changes nothing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

The only difference between this week and last week for me is that the numbers in class are slightly down - changes nothing for me.

why so??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so is there something on tonight that a random boardsie stuck in cork for the night might be attracted to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

zuroph wrote: »
    so is there something on tonight that a random boardsie stuck in cork for the night might be attracted to?

Silent disco in Devere Hall from 8 to half 10! Also Freakscene in Gorbys is always a great night, especially if you're not normally a clubbing person :D

Silent disco in Devere Hall from 8 to half 10! Also Freakscene in Gorbys is always a great night, especially if you're not normally a clubbing person :D
    I see two nights, the classic and gorbys. ud prefer freakscene? I think it sounds more like my scene! :p where is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

UCC Battle of the Bands is on in Cyprus Avenue... if that's your thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

zuroph wrote: »
    I see two nights, the classic and gorbys. ud prefer freakscene? I think it sounds more like my scene! :p where is that?

Gorbys is called Freakscene on Wednesdays. Its on Oliver Plunkett St

both sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

So much stuff to do this week. Why do I always ahve assignments to do during RAG week?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I cant seem to find anyone to go out with this week :(

Most of my friends are CIT and the others are usually heading out with there other friends from their class. Tis going to be a quiet RAG week for me ;p

I could've sworn I saw you on Q+2 with your head in your hands, focusing intently!

• Advertisement

So much stuff to do this week. Why do I always ahve assignments to do during RAG week?:(

Same. Essays to be done and study needed for an American Foreigh Policy class test on Monday. Bah.
    I cant seem to find anyone to go out with this week :(

Grenache is looking for a pint or two. I was going to go out this week but I'm not 100% with study and crap.

Same. Essays to be done and study needed for an American Foreigh Policy class test on Monday. Bah.

Grenache is looking for a pint or two. I was going to go out this week but I'm not 100% with study and crap.

What year you in?

What year you in?

2nd year.

May have to come up on Saturday as well, though with the Ireland game @ 5, I dunno!!

This isn't happening now :rolleyes: I'm gonna be missing the Ireland game cos I said that I'd take a team training session on Saturday. This always happens, I end up booking a time for something and realise that I've something else or a game I want to see on
    So much stuff to do this week. Why do I always have assignments to do during RAG week?:(

I know the feeling - the library will be my home for the next few days, what time does the library open on a Sunday (yes it is that bad!)

I know the feeling - the library will be my home for the next few days, what time does the library open on a Sunday (yes it is that bad!)

Not sure if you're being serious but:

http://booleweb.ucc.ie/index.php?pageID=10&date=2010-02-21

10 'till 18:45

Not sure if you're being serious but:

http://booleweb.ucc.ie/index.php?pageID=10&date=2010-02-21

10 'till 18:45

Sadly, I am being serious, thanks for the link!

2nd year.

How are you finding the American History course?

How are you finding the American History course?

I think it's very good. Course content is fairly widespread and Michael Cullinhane is the lecturer, he's brilliant. It's a little difficult to grasp sometimes as it's fairly new with terms. Overall it's enjoyable.

Did you do it yeah?

I think it's very good. Course content is fairly widespread and Michael Cullinhane is the lecturer, he's brilliant. It's a little difficult to grasp sometimes as it's fairly new with terms. Overall it's enjoyable.

Did you do it yeah?

Currently doing a Masters in Cont. American History under David Ryan, did the modules every year whilst I did Arts. It can be a bit boring but very very well organized. I would suggest doing the American History seminar in third year.

• Advertisement

Currently doing a Masters in Cont. American History under David Ryan, did the modules every year whilst I did Arts. It can be a bit boring but very very well organized. I would suggest doing the American History seminar in third year.

What's the Masters like?
    Have David Ryan for a research project, I think he's a good bloke

It is boring at times but there's some good content and the lecturer is top class. 3rd year seminar good?

Advertisement