Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I could've sworn I saw you on Q+2 with your head in your hands, focusing intently!

Wasn't me. I tend not to associate with the riff raff that frequent that particular floor... :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Wasn't me. I tend not to associate with the riff raff that frequent that particular floor... :pac:

Whats wrong with Q+2? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

But they have the best seats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Larkin91 wrote: »
    But they have the best seats :D

There's different seats on each floor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Just got my exam timetable. Eep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What's the Masters like?
    Have David Ryan for a research project, I think he's a good bloke

It is boring at times but there's some good content and the lecturer is top class. 3rd year seminar good?

Other then the American History seminar, pretty ****. Mainly two hour lectures rather then proper seminars, light enough workload as well.

Orizio wrote: »
    Other then the American History seminar, pretty ****. Mainly two hour lectures rather then proper seminars, light enough workload as well.

Is that the Masters or History Seminar in 3rd year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

another sly dig at Arts students no doubt ;)

grenache wrote: »
    another sly dig at Arts students no doubt ;)

Arts floor is Q+3. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Q+3 ftw. Most cazh floor at any given time.

• Advertisement

Arts floor is Q+3. ;)
    majority maybe, but i think there's some politics material on Q+2 though.

grenache wrote: »
    majority maybe, but i think there's some politics material on Q+2 though.

You think? You should know! Q+2 is full of Politics books.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

And the education books are there as well, thats why I'm mostly there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Q+1 is where its at people. Science> Arts

And i agree with KnifeWRENCH about not mixing with the riff raff on Q+3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Is that the Masters or History Seminar in 3rd year?

Masters obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

There's different seats on each floor?

Q+2 have those nice leather ones by the law library.

Q+1 is where its at people. Science> Arts

I find Q+1 the quietest floor! Plus it has a lovely corner of exercise related books, including 500 Quality Lesson Plans for Physical Education, which is a saviour!!

that's why i'm repeating first year! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

Damn it i just lost the game!:(

Orizio wrote: »
    Masters obviously.

What're you doing your dissertation on?

• Advertisement

What're you doing your dissertation on?
    Probably 'Talking Boll0x' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I got back from Berlin this morning, which is a bit of a winter wonderland at the moment, snowing the whole time. :)

We spent a few nights in Poland, where a pint was less than €1, and the average bargirl would have to work for 2 hours to even affoard one pint.

Serious dent made in the work, heading to bed for a hour and then heading for the train to get to college!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Serious dent made in the work, heading to bed for a hour and then heading for the train to get to college!

Thats just nasty. I think sometimes its nearly better to not sleep at all when you are only getting one hour...it makes you realise what you are missing and makes you crave sleep even more :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Nova_era wrote: »
    I got back from Berlin this morning, which is a bit of a winter wonderland at the moment, snowing the whole time. :)

We spent a few nights in Poland, where a pint was less than €1, and the average bargirl would have to work for 2 hours to even affoard one pint.

Rory also left out the fact that the average woman is better than anything we could produce over here. :D

Thats just nasty. I think sometimes its nearly better to not sleep at all when you are only getting one hour...it makes you realise what you are missing and makes you crave sleep even more :p

Ended up sleeping for about 90 mins, in the library now, glutton for punishment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Nice and quiet in Q+2, well quiet enough, not like Im getting much work done....have a presentation next week and an essay or two due every week until the end of March. Really have to knuckle down!

Nice and quiet in Q+2, well quiet enough, not like Im getting much work done....have a presentation next week and an essay or two due every week until the end of March. Really have to knuckle down!

Its busy enough in Q+1 compared to other days I've been in here, damn me for saying that it was the quietest floor!! Might take a wander up there in a while to see! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Its not too bad here, busy enough but still has a good few seats free. Always say I wont go to Q+2 but since all the Education books are here I dont really have much of a choice!

Bored researching Journal articles, been told no books for this research! Well allowed use a book for an idea but have to use Journal sources for the concrete info.

• Advertisement

Its not too bad here, busy enough but still has a good few seats free. Always say I wont go to Q+2 but since all the Education books are here I dont really have much of a choice!

Bored researching Journal articles, been told no books for this research! Well allowed use a book for an idea but have to use Journal sources for the concrete info.

Thats normally where I end up for the same reason, the education books are there, what course are u doing?

Advertisement