Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Early Childhood Studies, final leg of it. So Q+2 has been my home for the last two years. Very rarely have to wander from here to get what I need.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Early Childhood Studies, final leg of it. So Q+2 has been my home for the last two years. Very rarely have to wander from here to get what I need.

Ah class, I'm doing PE, but half the PE books are on Q+1 (anatomy and exercise prescription) and Q+3 (sports psychology!) and then the education books on Q+2, Bill Rogers is a god!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Nice and quiet in Q+2, well quiet enough

On the other hand, Q+3 is mobbed, full up. Probably all students who didn't do a tap during R&G week trying to catch up. :pac:

Just had an exam there. Went alright.
    Dropping in an essay today.
    Almost finished tying up Russian History essay.
    Have to write out three essay plans on the causes of WW1 and I'll get 1% towards the end of year module mark.

Not too shabby.

Youve had a very productive day!

Back in Q+2 again, pretty packed, sigh, will people just go home and leave me here on my own!

Youve had a very productive day!

Back in Q+2 again, pretty packed, sigh, will people just go home and leave me here on my own!

Ah it's the result of a couple of days work!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Another 10 per cent of the module secured I think! :D

UCC v WIT @ 2 tomorrow in the Fitz at the Dyke, UCC v GMIT Wednesday @ 2 at the Dyke in the Sigerson

Can't make either game:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Another 10 per cent of the module secured I think! :D

UCC v WIT @ 2 tomorrow in the Fitz at the Dyke, UCC v GMIT Wednesday @ 2 at the Dyke in the Sigerson

Can't make either game:(

Going on form you would have to think WIT will be favourites for the game tomorrow

deisedude wrote: »
    Going on form you would have to think WIT will be favourites for the game tomorrow

Yeah, probably, but hopefully O Connor has the lads in good shape after the bit of a break!

Got up lovely and early this morning with great plans for the day, still sitting in my pjs trying to find the will to do some work......motivation where are you?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Got up lovely and early this morning with great plans for the day, still sitting in my pjs trying to find the will to do some work......motivation where are you?!?!

Was supposed to come in a 9 this mornin to do some sketches(including a slide of a monky penis....sorry just thought id throw that in.

Only came in now and ended up in the computer room instead of drawing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Just got myself some free panckes over in Iona.:D
    Just got two of them and was kind of guilted out of getting some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

What day is Pancake Tuesday on this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Tomorrow I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

UCC 1-10 WIT 0-18.

WIT won well, by at least 4-5 points. I didn't have a programme and turned ten minutes late, so excuse any mistakes.

UCC were extremely mediocre. Full back line got cleaned out, particularly the two Conors, center back line and midfield were solid enough but the center forward line got destroyed. Rob White got one nice point but his hands are too slow at this level, his man had the measure of him and for such a big chap he won very little in the air. Likewise, Eoghan Murphy was poor at full-forward, missed a few good chances from play and the dead ball. Not sure who the two corner forwards were (presume Moylan was one of them) both poor and both taken off by the end.

Luke O'Farrell, Darach Honan and Jon Halbert didn't start. Halbert came on at half time and played some nice ball in midfield, Luke came on with 20 to go and got two sublime points, was UCC's best forward overall. Honan was very poor, looked well off the pace.

For WIT the two corner forwards were excellent, their number 13 was MOTM for me, got 3-4 lovely points from play and destroyed Conor O'Driscoll. Fintan O'Leary did his usual, good in fits but generally not getting into the game enough. WIT center back line was absolutely dominant.

Who is selecting the UCC team? Whomever it is, he should be shot. CIT lost as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I really dont see the big thing with pancakes..........they taste like shít.

And plus i got covered in pancake mix at work today due to some idiot bursting the bag(it doesnt go very well with an all black uniform...)

Although on the plus side it was a beautiful day today.

My Pancake Tuesday will be on Friday, haven't had a proper pancake Tuesday in 3 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I really dont see the big thing with pancakes..........they taste like shít.
    Seriously dude, you'd wanna get your taste buds corrected :D

I just checked my Summer exam timetable, I've got just 6 exams, all of which are 90 minutes, bar one German exam which is 180 minutes (disaster!).

Not a bad timetable though, better than last years one. Start on May 6th and finish on the 24th. :)

I have about six too. All bar my History Core module are 90 minutes. History is 3 hours.

Start on the 11th, finish on the 27th. Four exams are clumped around a week though.

I've four maths one, starting the 5th and finishing the 26th, my friend has an exam on her 21st birthday, which is kinda lousy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I finish on the 26th which I really don't like. And I've four exams in one week, which is disgusting.

Bah.

Off to my ball 2nite :D

Off to my ball 2nite :D

Have a good time!

I heard SamF get owned today by Keith, the guy running for SU president. I happened to be standing outside the Library while Keith and another guy chatted -

Keith: Well I'll be introducing this new entertainments and events officer
    Guy: Oh, like sam fitzgerald?
    Keith: Well this will be a lot of responsibilty
    Guy: Oh right, so actually doing important stuff?
    Keith: Yeah

Own on this Samf character.

Nova_era wrote: »
    I heard SamF get owned today by Keith, the guy running for SU president. I happened to be standing outside the Library while Keith and another guy chatted -

If you're actually serious, I think that's a pretty sh*t post considering that samf is on Boards and posts on the UCC forum. :)

If you're actually serious, I think that's a pretty sh*t post considering that samf is on Boards and posts on the UCC forum. :)

Of course I'm serious, if I wanted to make up something then I think I could come up with something that is actually bordering on funny.

We got told last night that our department will be moving from Sheares Street to where the Philosophy Department are on the Western Road, a stones throw from the Mardyke. Only thing is that there is a lovely little shop down on Sheares street, Spillanes, that we have kept in business - anytime we had a class in Sheares House, there was at least five or six bags of jellys from Spillanes on the table :D

Happy about the move though, makes it much easier for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

love that shop!! they are the nicest sweets ever, really old fashioned and delicious! :D

on a side note, bah! to essays... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Nova_era wrote: »

I've been told not to vote for Keith, apparently he's not the nicest guy strolling around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Jay P wrote: »
    I've been told not to vote for Keith, apparently he's not the nicest guy strolling around.

Heard that from many a person meself. In fairness to the guy though, he seems to have more of a clue what he's on about than anyone else running. And many's the dickhead has been a good president. Like whatsisname. Hitler. I don't even care though, I'm too cool to vote :cool:

Advertisement