Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

We got told last night that our department will be moving from Sheares Street to where the Philosophy Department are on the Western Road, a stones throw from the Mardyke. Only thing is that there is a lovely little shop down on Sheares street, Spillanes, that we have kept in business - anytime we had a class in Sheares House, there was at least five or six bags of jellys from Spillanes on the table :D

Happy about the move though, makes it much easier for us!

There's a similarly lovely shop called Keatings on Washington Street, I always try buy something when I pass there. It's like a shop from a mountain village plonked down in the middle of Cork :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

There's a similarly lovely shop called Keatings on Washington Street, I always try buy something when I pass there. It's like a shop from a mountain village plonked down in the middle of Cork :)

Is that the one with the really cheesy sign about the lotto outside?
    I pass it most days and usually buy something in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Sober or blotto, don't forget the lotto.' Is that it,or something along the lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

One of my Maths lecturers has a half-controversial take on the Lotto: "Betting", he said, "is a tax on idiocy."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Heard that from many a person meself. In fairness to the guy though, he seems to have more of a clue what he's on about than anyone else running. And many's the dickhead has been a good president. Like whatsisname. Hitler. I don't even care though, I'm too cool to vote :cool:

I've met the guy a couple times at parties. He's extremely sound!

• Advertisement

One of my Maths lecturers has a half-controversial take on the Lotto: "Betting", he said, "is a tax on idiocy."

The lotto itself and its hype is just ridiculous imo.

Sober or blotto, don't forget the lotto.' Is that it,or something along the lines?

That's the one. I love the lady working there, she always makes me smile.
    Thyme wrote: »
    I've met the guy a couple times at parties. He's extremely sound!

Meh, I'll take your word for it, I really don't care what he's like and I doubt he cares what people on the internet think about him either

Meh, I'll take your word for it, I really don't care what he's like and I doubt he cares what people on the internet think about him either

Not looking forward to the election talks on here. Severe moderation will be required methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm not the only one who doesn't really care about the elections? I honestly don't see how each candidate would do anything differently. I know they all have their own agendas or whatever, but I don't see how overall they'd do things differently.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Jay P wrote: »
    I'm not the only one who doesn't really care about the elections? I honestly don't see how each candidate would do anything differently. I know they all have their own agendas or whatever, but I don't see how overall they'd do things differently.

I kinda agree with this point, the same everywhere in the country imo, you are kinda expected to follow suit with what came before

http://www.mediafire.com/?gya0m2yqf0w

The New Students Union constitution for anyone interested!

• Advertisement

I don't care more than you don't care! :p

My god...what a beautiful day it was today.

Pity i was stuck in the hole that is the kane building for most of the day ..........

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Pity i was stuck in the hole that is the kane building for most of the day ..........

Gotta be *the* most depressing building on campus - can't believe it won an architecture award back in 82 I think?

I was up on Q+3 for sunsetty time there, it was lovely I must say.
    Gotta be *the* most depressing building on campus - can't believe it won an architecture award back in 82 I think?

Seriously? It's rotten!

I was up on Q+3 for sunsetty time there, it was lovely I must say.

Seriously? It's rotten!

Yeah i dont mind being in the library on a sunny day.....especially the large study rooms off to the side as they have large windows which gives the room good natural sunlight.

Struggled through the day with two hours sleep today.My brain was just not functioning right ....was half way to college and realised that i had forgot labcoat and glasses,i still had bottle of tiger in my bag from last night and that i was eh.......wearing two totally different shoes!!!!!! Doh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Its you, me and everyone that isn't named Nova Era. ;)

Yeah i dont mind being in the library on a sunny day.....especially the large study rooms off to the side as they have large windows which gives the room good natural sunlight.

Struggled through the day with two hours sleep today.My brain was just not functioning right ....was half way to college and realised that i had forgot labcoat and glasses,i still had bottle of tiger in my bag from last night and that i was eh.......wearing two totally different shoes!!!!!! Doh

Ha! Hate those kind of mornings :pac:

The desks in by the books on Q+3 are always pretty nice if you get a seat by the windows, good views if you can ignore the Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone else get the impression that half of us are seating within a few yards of each other in Q+3 without realising it everyday?

Orizio wrote: »
    Anyone else get the impression that half of us are seating within a few yards of each other in Q+3 without realising it everyday?

Well apparently ItsallaboutheL has been stalking me in the computer labs in the boole.

He always did seem dodgy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Well apparently ItsallaboutheL has been stalking me in the computer labs in the boole.

He always did seem dodgy :D

Hey baby....

• Advertisement

I would be bet on it. Q+3 with the nice desks is my base of operations. :pac:

+1 on the sunlight through the windows idea.

Also tea/coffee next week is a must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Its you, me and everyone that isn't named Nova Era. ;)

:(

Yeah me and grenache were talking about it today. Coffee thread will probably get bumped. :)

Yeah me and grenache were talking about it today. Coffee thread will probably get bumped. :)

that bastard texted me a 9 o'clock!! i've sleepin to be catching up on like...

that bastard texted me a 9 o'clock!! i've sleepin to be catching up on like...

In my arse you were. Studying hard right?

In my arse you were. Studying hard right?

Ish.....

Off booze for lent too!!

well since last thursday actually :o

Ish.....

Off booze for lent too!!

well since last thursday actually :o

Pigs will fly blah, blah. Just kidding. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Walking back from the library I found a half-price voucher for Secrets.

WIN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

whoooo!!! Just got me some tickets for Rage Against the Machine:D

Advertisement