Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Jay P wrote: »
    Walking back from the library I found a half-price voucher for Secrets.

WIN!

Was dragged there for my 18th by friends.

Its such a dirty,sleazy awkward place. I really don't understand how people can go to these places reguarly. George O'Callaghan from Cork City FC was sitting over in the corner with two girls and i was just like "you sleazebag".

Shudder

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

UCC got the Green Flag today

There was a load of cameras etc on campus today about 11, some guy was filming something about the ogham stones as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

that bastard texted me a 9 o'clock!! i've sleepin to be catching up on like...
    ah L, ever the drama queen :)

UCC got the Green Flag today

There was a load of cameras etc on campus today about 11, some guy was filming something about the ogham stones as well

All the camera's were there so they could question Gormely about Willi O'Dea. They didnt care about our green flag ;p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

All the camera's were there so they could question Gormely about Willi O'Dea. They didnt care about our green flag ;p

Looks good for the college, weird place to put it it though, up against the north wing

UCC are the first college in the world to get the Green Flag award

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Looks good for the college, weird place to put it it though, up against the north wing

UCC are the first college in the world to get the Green Flag award

I've been wracking my brain and i've come to the conclusion that the only thing i care less about than this is womens golf.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TKT

Jay P wrote: »
    I've been told not to vote for Keith, apparently he's not the nicest guy strolling around.

A few of my friends know him and I always heard he's a really nice guy.
    Regards what people said he said about Samf it didn't seem that bad, like he was probably just trying to say how he's going to try step it up on the events side next year....with this CampusPicnic event coming tho' the SU have improved on last year.
    But anyway, everytime I've been around him he seemed dead on. There'll definitely be people around trying to knock each candidate if they think they are competition to one of their friends in the next few weeks.

This has probably been asked before, but where is there colour printing near UCC - I only have one sheet to print off for an assignment due today and have no idea where I can go and get it done, will look much better in colour than black and white!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

the only thing i care less about than this is womens golf.

:p

:mad:

This has probably been asked before, but where is there colour printing near UCC - I only have one sheet to print off for an assignment due today and have no idea where I can go and get it done, will look much better in colour than black and white!

Theres that place across the road from the main entrance into the college. Pretty sure they have a sign in the window about doing colour printing.

Stuck up here in Q+3 studying for an exam at 6...........its not going very well :(

• Advertisement

the only thing i care less about than this is womens golf.
    Wimmins play golf?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

grenache wrote: »
    Wimmins play golf?! :eek:

I think it's called Camogie or something

Nova_era wrote: »
    I think it's called Camogie or something

no:mad: thats ladies hurling

The ladies actually play golf like the men:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

The ladies actually play golf like the men:D

Not in Portmarnock they don't!:D

deisedude wrote: »
    Not in Portmarnock they don't!:D

Yerra, its not the best of courses anyway:D Missing nothing really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Yerra, its not the best of courses anyway:D Missing nothing really!!

A blatantly sexist song about golf for you to enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Gurling?

Oh maaaan......Hangovers are horrible :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Anyone know what the History department is like for turning in essays late? I have to go home tomorrow for a family emergency and I have an essay due in on Friday that I now won't be able to hand in on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Anyone know what the History department is like for turning in essays late? I have to go home tomorrow for a family emergency and I have an essay due in on Friday that I now won't be able to hand in on time.

Just email Charlotte in the office and find out what your options are, better still call up and explain your situation. I think they're an excellent department and you should get a number of options. Alternatively if you don't want to get involved, why don't you give it to a mate to hand it in? Get the two forms from the office and fill 'em out, then give them to your firend and they'll hand it in.

• Advertisement

Just email Charlotte in the office and find out what your options are, better still call up and explain your situation. I think they're an excellent department and you should get a number of options. Alternatively if you don't want to get involved, why don't you give it to a mate to hand it in? Get the two forms from the office and fill 'em out, then give them to your firend and they'll hand it in.

I might call up in person later but I have to go home first thing tomorrow. I emailed them earlier and i'm still waiting on a reply. I'll be able to get the essay done before Friday, I think (it depends on how things are back home), but I just won't be able to hand it in.

I might call up in person later but I have to go home first thing tomorrow. I emailed them earlier and i'm still waiting on a reply. I'll be able to get the essay done before Friday, I think (it depends on how things are back home), but I just won't be able to hand it in.

Defintely try call up. It's easier to work things out in person.

Defintely try call up. It's easier to work things out in person.

Walked for a half hour in the rain only to be told to email my lecturer. Joy.

Anyone else have a problem logging onto boards this morning on campus about 10.30-11.00?? Got on once, then closed the window, checked my email and saw that there was a new post on a thread I wanted to reply to, and it came up as connection timing on :(

No problem, checked mine at 10:50 or so, worked fine.

Late history essays, no problem. I was late twice last year. Both in Gabriel Whatshisface's class. He allowed me the extra week.

Late history essays, no problem. I was late twice last year. Both in Gabriel Whatshisface's class. He allowed me the extra week.

Doherty. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

He's a bit of a legend to be fair

Hurlers lost in the Fitzgibbon to UL, 2-20 to 1-13

• Advertisement

Got an extension of a week, no questions asked. It's a bit of a weight lifted off my shoulders.

Advertisement