Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Nova_era wrote: »
    Do you reckon there's a chance to pick up some of the local ladies if we stand outside an off-licence offering to buy them drink?

I think you might find that there is also no off-licience in Togher. To attract the local girls you'd probably have to dress something like this...

chav.jpg

(Since you are from Frankfield you'd never know :p)

Oh also looking up ex's is a bad bad idea.....Think you should just block them from facebook for your own sanity to be honest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

^Either that guy is weaing a hat with the peak up, or else he is in fact Egyptian, and has one of those large hats on that Egyptians used wear in the 50s and 60s.

Or else he's got an over-exaggerated John Travolta/Elvis Presley haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

In a moment of reminiscence/lonlieness, I decided it'd be a good idea to look up my ex on Facebook.

She's so hot. It's so nice to see her wrapped around other guys in her facebook pics.

It's even better when one of the guys is my ex-best mate.

I hate the internet. :(

I think I might hand a CV into the Homosexual agency, it'd make life easier. :(

Rule 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

So I see Nova_era made an attempt at a cyber Boards beers ;)
    In a moment of reminiscence/lonlieness, I decided it'd be a good idea to look up my ex on Facebook.

Bad move. An ex of mine, a stupid ugly yoke who cheated on me loads of times, added me a while back. I rejected her, and then about 30 seconds later she added me again. I was like "get away from my page silly whore face" (in my mind, obviously). I then metaphorically threw my keyboard at her by rejecting her for the second time. It made me feel like a real man, throwing my keyboard at her like that.

But seriously, stay away from the exes pages. It will make you feel like:

anger-management.jpg?w=262&h=355

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TKT

UCC Student entered CITs' €urostar competition pretending to be CIT student.
    Competition is run by the chaplaincy in CIT and song was Stephen Lynchs priest instead of a normal cover he was supposed to do.

• Advertisement

Campus Picnic line-up announced tomorrow apparently, I hope Cascada are playing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Virus completely wiped everything off my computer and my credit card doesn't work to boot. Seriously ****ty day:(

deisedude wrote: »
    Virus completely wiped everything off my computer and my credit card doesn't work to boot. Seriously ****ty day:(

Is it the internet security 2010 virus?

Yep i didnt even click on it and it still destroyed everything:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Whats this virus??

• Advertisement

Arrggggg the German department are getting worse with these threats - at this rate they'll be ruining the lives of half their students!

Whats this virus??

It pretends its an anti-virus and it looks like its from Windows. I didn't click on it or anything. Brought it to get it removed but it wiped everything when they tried deleting it

It pretends its an anti-virus and it looks like its from Windows. I didn't click on it or anything. Brought it to get it removed but it wiped everything when they tried deleting it

Whoever you brought it to isnt very good with computers as its actually quite easy to remove but i suppose it a bit too late now:(

It really is a bitch of a virus..its embeded in the start up so once the comp comes on its activated and then starts killing programs one by one.

Whoever you brought it to isnt very good with computers as its actually quite easy to remove but i suppose it a bit too late now:(

It really is a bitch of a virus..its embeded in the start up so once the comp comes on its activated and then starts killing programs one by one.

Well at least i got it fixed for free and got Microsoft Office and Windows 7 for $17.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

How do you manage to get it??

I was looking for a stream for a tv show when i got it

Probably comes with downloads or when using maybe someone elses usb's(only possibly) that it may have been transfered to,through emails etc etc. Although a lot of people who get it say that they don't download stuff or open dodgy emails so god only knows ;)

Probably comes with downloads or when using maybe someone elses usb's(only possibly) that it may have been transfered to,through emails etc etc. Although a lot of people who get it say that they don't download stuff or open dodgy emails so god only knows ;)

I don't use other peoples USB's or open dodgy emails, and I've half decent internet security - Comodo
    I was looking for a stream for a tv show when i got it

Bugger, I do this quite a lot! Had better be careful in future! But Microsoft Office and Windows 7 for 15 quid ain't bad!! Think I'll need to backup my important documents soon just in case!

Well at least i got it fixed for free and got Microsoft Office and Windows 7 for $17.
    I don't use other peoples USB's or open dodgy emails, and I've half decent internet security - Comodo

Bugger, I do this quite a lot! Had better be careful in future! But Microsoft Office and Windows 7 for 15 quid ain't bad!! Think I'll need to backup my important documents soon just in case!

*Cough* Why bother paying <_< >_> :p

I think it was a link from tv-links.cc. Learn from my mistakes;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Thats a bummer deisedude.

I actually switched from Microsoft Windows over to the free and open-source Linux Ubuntu about a year ago, it good for the piece of the mind as its far more secure. Not for everyone though, I suppose :)

I download huge amounts of stuff and have my firewalls truned off cause i got sick of changing it back after playing lans with my brother........have never had a virus since i've owned a computer

Thats a bummer deisedude.

I actually switched from Microsoft Windows over to the free and open-source Linux Ubuntu about a year ago, it good for the piece of the mind as its far more secure. Not for everyone though, I suppose :)

No, not here as well!! - I've a brother who pesters me about switching my laptop to Linux, boots much faster, no need for internet security etc - he managed to get Windows Office working perfectly on it, no idea how!
    *Cough* Why bother paying <_< >_> :p

I know! :D

After this week, I'm gonna be down to three day weeks - I'll have lectures on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, whoo four day weekends!!! :D:D:D

After this week, I'm gonna be down to three day weeks - I'll have lectures on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, whoo four day weekends!!! :D:D:D

Im down to like 10 hours of classes but have a huge anatomy drawing book to do,five lab reports,anatomy assignment, and 4 tests so in short.....Im bollixed!!!!!

My friend is a computer genius. Managed to retrive my files from my hardrive:D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Anyone else getting mightily sick of college at this stage? Or is it just me?

Tis a bit late now but i was gonna ask did anybody wanna go to a french movie in the gate at 7 as i won tickets on 96fm this morning and have some spare.

Dont even know what movie i won it to :D

Intermediate hurlers won against UCD in the intermediate hurling championship, play CIT in the final, no idea when or where

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Tis a bit late now but i was gonna ask did anybody wanna go to a french movie in the gate at 7 as i won tickets on 96fm this morning and have some spare.

Dont even know what movie i won it to :D

Should have told us earlier, would have happily gone with you. Is it 'A Prophet'? Being dying to see that.

Advertisement