Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Orizio wrote: »
    Should have told us earlier, would have happily gone with you. Is it 'A Prophet'? Being dying to see that.

The tickets were taken but they couldn't make it into the city and i was nowhere near a computer when i found out. The movie was Lourdes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Anyone else getting mightily sick of college at this stage? Or is it just me?

Pretty much. Need a couple of weeks holiday. :P

How'd you win the tickets Papa?

Pretty much. Need a couple of weeks holiday. :P

How'd you win the tickets Papa?

They spewed out like 4 different competitions on 96fm before 12 and i just rang up and on my second call i got through and simply asked for the tickets and i got them :p

They spewed out like 4 different competitions on 96fm before 12 and i just rang up and on my second call i got through and simply asked for the tickets and i got them :p

You just asked for them? Hah that's legend!

You just asked for them? Hah that's legend!

They didn't seem to have a problem with it anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

@deisedude

Ive only ever seen that false antivirus malware get onto computers when Internet explorer is used as a browser, you using internet explorer?

Consider switching to firefox if you are, and if you really want to be protected get an addon called noscript, it blocks all scripts on all sites and you can selectively enable things as you need them, bit of a pain at the start but worth it from a security point of view. Plus you can also get an excellent addon called AdblockPlus which literally blocks all ads on the net, it's nice to disable it on sites you want to support however.

Be careful with the recovered files, those viruses tend to attach themselves all over the place in an attempt to survive, especially in the system volume information folder (system restore)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Redisle wrote: »
    @deisedude

Ive only ever seen that false antivirus malware get onto computers when Internet explorer is used as a browser, you using internet explorer?

Consider switching to firefox if you are, and if you really want to be protected get an addon called noscript, it blocks all scripts on all sites and you can selectively enable things as you need them, bit of a pain at the start but worth it from a security point of view. Plus you can also get an excellent addon called AdblockPlus which literally blocks all ads on the net, it's nice to disable it on sites you want to support however.

Be careful with the recovered files, those viruses tend to attach themselves all over the place in an attempt to survive, especially in the system volume information folder (system restore)

Thanks for the advice RedIsle. I alternate between IE and Firefox depending on the mood i'm in. Can't remember which one i was using when i got it. I'll look into the Addons. My friend who retrieved the files fixes computers in his spare time so he was pretty confident that there was no security threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

I just watched a Black Eyed Peas live video after hearing that song "Meet me Halfway" and liking it.

Oh my god.

Any video containing images of that absolute and utter BABE should carry a health warning.

Here's the video in question, I'd recommend not watching it if you have a girlfriend, as you're unlikely to ever look at her again after feasting your eyes on just how short Fergies skirt is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSlcZxgnpc4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Nova_era wrote: »
    I just watched a Black Eyed Peas live video after hearing that song "Meet me Halfway" and liking it.

Oh my god.

Any video containing images of that absolute and utter BABE should carry a health warning.

Here's the video in question, I'd recommend not watching it if you have a girlfriend, as you're unlikely to ever look at her again after feasting your eyes on just how short Fergies skirt is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSlcZxgnpc4

i've seen many a shorter skirt on a night out.

Parsley wrote: »
    i've seen many a shorter skirt on a night out.

Did nobody ever tell you, it's what's inside that counts?

I'm sure that Fergie is a billion times hotter than the likes that can be seen stumbling around Gorbys on a Thursday night. In fact, I know.

• Advertisement

Did nobody ever tell you, it's what's inside that counts?

I'm sure that Fergie is a billion times hotter than the likes that can be seen stumbling around Gorbys on a Thursday night. In fact, I know.

Smoking body but her face is nothing special

deisedude wrote: »
    Smoking body but her face is nothing special

I think she's hot. But then again I've seen guys who are probably hotter than some of the girls I've been with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

i dunno. sometimes she looks good and other times she looks absolutely belted. which would lead me to believe the times she looks good are due to make-up, lighting, etc etc....

I think she's hot. But then again I've seen guys who are probably hotter than some of the girls I've been with.

Have you caught the ghey?:p

Parsley wrote: »
    i dunno. sometimes she looks good and other times she looks absolutely belted. which would lead me to believe the times she looks good are due to make-up, lighting, etc etc....

Apparently her face is ****ed up due to her extreme drug habits in the past, but I kind of like the chiseled look she has going for her.
    Have you caught the ghey?tongue.gif

No, but sometimes I feel like maybe I should move to the dark side :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

fergie-pissed-pants.jpg
    :p

Yum at that ^ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

I wish people would stop trying to give me free bibles. And here was me thinking I'd be left alone after the elections. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Free bibles? What's this about now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Free bibles? What's this about now? :confused:

The Gideons were out in force this morning in the Boole handing out free copies of the New Testament.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

The Gideons were out in force this morning in the Boole handing out free copies of the New Testament.

Found one down in the Boole IT centre :D

Found one down in the Boole IT centre :D

I got one from them and then gave it back as I already have one, which is the truth! I have the exact same version of the New Testament! He then asked me when was the last time I read it and I had to say, "it's been a while". :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Are they allowed go on campus and do that? I thought there were certain rules about this sort of thing...

Are they allowed go on campus and do that? I thought there were certain rules about this sort of thing...

I was thinking that myself but I presume the Christian Union would have had something to do with it. Plus it was Islamic Information week 2 weeks ago or thereabouts so maybe the Christians needed to "retaliate". :p

I fully support the handing out of the bible on campus, and was happy to take a copy. People are extremely quick to ridicule anything Christian related on campus these days, maybe it's the new "in" thing to do.

The joke will be on the Athiest society when they're all in hell listening to Jedward and being forcefed Whispa Gold.

I fully support the handing out of the bible on campus, and was happy to take a copy. People are extremely quick to ridicule anything Christian related on campus these days, maybe it's the new "in" thing to do.

The joke will be on the Athiest society when they're all in hell listening to Jedward and being forcefed Whispa Gold.

Blasphemy.:mad: Whispa Gold is delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

What's with the h's in Wispa?

Damn dont know how i didnt spot that

deisedude wrote: »
    Blasphemy.:mad: Whispa Gold is delicious

One day quite recently, myself and my friend were walking through college and fancied some chocolate, so he said "Oh yeah, the shop has 2 Wispas for €1". So I gave him 50cent, and he returned with 2 Wispa Golds. I was like "wtf is this?!!", so I killed him.

• Advertisement

Man these chemistry lab reports are going to be the death of me :(

Advertisement