Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I am a disaster at French. Complete and utter. I passed my Oral in 1st year. If I can do it, you most definitely can. All the best with it!

Yeah same here, amazed I passed First Year French! This is Second Year though, gotta pick a random text and talk for 15 minutes about it, as well as the usual oral bull****! Just looking forward to a pissup on Wednesday tbh... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Crosswalk wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm dreading my German oral exam tomorrow. :(
    Yeah I have my French oral tomorrow as well...foooooked... :(

Have my Italian tomorrow.. It's not going to be fun..

Did your lecturers actually prepare you for the oral? Cause mine didn't..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Did your lecturers actually prepare you for the oral? Cause mine didn't..

Mine didn't either really but that could have been because our tutor is a bit all over the place and was out for about two weeks. We were just told the layout of it and that most of the questions asked would be relevant to subjects covered in the course textbook. They kept stressing that they wouldn't talk about Leaving Cert-type subjects like your family and hobbies.

I'm not too worried about the bit at the start, it's the role-play that's freaking me out! I think the phrase 'can you say that differently please?' will be used quite a bit.
    I am a disaster at French. Complete and utter. I passed my Oral in 1st year. If I can do it, you most definitely can. All the best with it!
    I hope the German department is as nice at marking as the French one is then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I just printed off a load of exam papers. I'm using this fact to justify my lack of attempt to start studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I just printed off a load of exam papers. I'm using this fact to justify my lack of attempt to start studying.

Instead of studying im sitting here with a bag of chocolate,listening to classical music and on boards.........what a cracker of night:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Submitted project, finished 3rd year! Ahhhhh! :D

Enjoy all your exams :pac: my results are out on April 20th though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

What's this matchmaking fcuk?

Appartly my matches on the UCC forum are: grenache, electro~bitch, rebel_girl_15, deisedude, thebigcheese22 and Ricky91t. Few others in the American Football forum as well. I reckon it goes on thanks, forums, posts. I'm not sure though. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

What's this matchmaking fcuk?

Appartly my matche on the UCC forum are: grenache, electro~bitch, deisedude, thebigcheese22 and Ricky91t. Few others in the American Football forum as well. I reckon it goes on thanks, forums, posts. I'm not sure though. :cool:

I dont get it either. Would have made sense for Valentines day alright but April fools day:confused:

Anyway of the UCC forum i got: ItsallabouttheL, electro~bitch, ReacherCreature, Orizio, grenache, Ricky91t and KnifeWrench. The rest are from the Gah forum

Took out my first book in two years from the library and forgot to bring it back in
    today---doh!!

Do you bring the book straight to the counter to pay the fine or what? Anybody know how much it is?

deisedude wrote: »
    I dont get it either. Would have made sense for Valentines day alright but April fools day:confused:

Anyway of the UCC forum i got: ItsallabouttheL, electro~bitch, ReacherCreature, Orizio, grenache, Ricky91t and KnifeWrench. The rest are from the Gah forum

Wahey go me.
    Took out my first book in two years from the library and forgot to bring it back in
    today---doh!!

Do you bring the book straight to the counter to pay the fine or what? Anybody know how much it is?

Bring it to the front desk to pay the fine if you wish. It's 50 cents per day is it? It's been since first year since I had one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I always knew i was a good catch :)

grenache wrote: »
    I always knew i was a good catch :)

Pity I'm not a woman. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Pity I'm not a woman. :pac:
    you'd make a good NFL cheerleader alright ;)

grenache wrote: »
    you'd make a good NFL cheerleader alright ;)

Awlllrightt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Both the Old Bar and the New Bar are closed. My plan for spontaneuos drunkeness/study avoidal is ruined. :mad:

(I'm aware there are other pubs but they require too much effort to walk to)

Why're they closed? Surely they'd be open, t'was only after 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

This studying lark is killing my soul! :(

I kinda havent started properly yet. I just can't get the motivation :(

I'll give you a free kick up t'arse if ya want?

I'm doing grand, tipping away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

ditto, not studying is making me too depressed to study :confused:

• Advertisement

ditto, not studying is making me too depressed to study :confused:

Its a bitch of a cycle :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

urgh I wish I was more panicked about college stuff, just sick of it dragging on at this stage :(

Anyone know what time the grants office closes at? I can't seem to find its opening times on the UCC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Anyone know what time the grants office closes at? I can't seem to find its opening times on the UCC website.

It isn't called the grant office, it is called the fees office, maybe that is why you couldn't find it.

Try this link: http://www.ucc.ie/en/financeoffice/fees/FeesGrantsOfficeInformation/

It's in a doc file, so you'll have to download it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

My grant is in! :D:D:D

Didn't get up in time to collect it today but crack of dawn tomorrow I swear

5 o' clock afaik.

Thanks everyone. I went up, went down to the bank to cash the cheque and realized they gave me someone else's (someone with a very similar name to mine) one. Looks like I'll have to trek back up there tomorrow. :(

Hah--all ye fools having to go and collect yer grants :P

Straight into the bank account baby :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hah--all ye fools having to go and collect yer grants :P

Straight into the bank account baby :)

I got mine in the post!

• Advertisement

I got mine in the post!

I don't think i would trust myself to get it straight into the hand or to go and have to check it in. Would last about two days id say :D

Advertisement