Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

This looking for study areas isn't going down too well. Last Thursday the library was grand for seats. Today there's hardly any.

Anyone know of decent study areas that aren't in the library?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Hah--all ye fools having to go and collect yer grants :P

Straight into the bank account baby :)

How did you arrange to get it sent into your bank account??
    I have mine collected for the year but keep forgetting to get it when it is there, would be handy to have it go straight into my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Mine went straight into my account but they never sent me an email saying it was in there, like they did with past installments. So I got a nice surprise when I checked my bank balance. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

How did you arrange to get it sent into your bank account??
    I have mine collected for the year but keep forgetting to get it when it is there, would be handy to have it go straight into my account.
    Im cork county area i think but at the start of the year they sent out a form and asked if i wanted to have it put straight into myt bank account instead of having to collect it. They are supposed to email when it comes in but haven't for the first two installments this year. Better go see if the next bit is in yet :)

Im cork county area i think but at the start of the year they sent out a form and asked if i wanted to have it put straight into myt bank account instead of having to collect it. They are supposed to email when it comes in but haven't for the first two installments this year. Better go see if the next bit is in yet :)

Fair enough, i'm cork city council so that might explain the difference in how they are given out.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, i'm cork city council so that might explain the difference in how they are given out.

I think they all should take this approach on. Its so much handier and easier than having to go in and queue up and be treated like cattle up there.

I think they all should take this approach on. Its so much handier and easier than having to go in and queue up and be treated like cattle up there.

I have never seen a form to deposit it in the bank for some reason. In fairness the queue sometimes isn't that bad, I was up there on Monday, queue going past the stairs and got in resonably quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Im cork county area
    How is Togher considered Cork county? :confused:

grenache wrote: »
    How is Togher considered Cork county? :confused:

Togher is just over the boundary lines of of the City.

Well actually its really confusing. Its like half is in the city and the other half is in the county. In primary school depending on where you lived only half of togher could take part in some local club as they were only receiving funding for the half that was in the city. So the other half couldn't take part because the county council weren't giving funding aswell as the city council. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

anybody know how long it takes to get something soft-bound in an scolaire? Please nobody say more than a day

• Advertisement

anybody know how long it takes to get something soft-bound in an scolaire? Please nobody say more than a day

Not even close to a day, more like less than a minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Two questions - will the the Boole library be brimming full tomorrow and, if so, when will all these johnny come lately bastards piss off and leave me in peace?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Orizio wrote: »
    Two questions - will the the Boole library be brimming full tomorrow and, if so, when will all these johnny come lately bastards piss off and leave me in peace?

I was in there today and it was quite full, probably the end of the exams it will be quiet again!!

It's been full for the last few weeks I doubt there'll be any change.

I was in there today and it was quite full, probably the end of the exams it will be quiet again!!

When?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

When?

End of May!

****ing hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

15306_409455648155_570978155_5141082_1187014_n.jpg

^ :D LOL. I'm stealing that for my facebook status.
    Also, it reminds me of this one:

You_Shall_Not_Pass_by_g_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Are Firefox and Google Chrome not working for anyone else on campus? They're not working now, and weren't working in the library or in the booles.

Jay P wrote: »
    Are Firefox and Google Chrome not working for anyone else on campus? They're not working now, and weren't working in the library or in the booles.

Firefox generally won't work on campus!

Firefox was a bloody pain on campus, Chrome all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

It worked before I switched to Chrome anyway. I had to download IE to get online :rolleyes:

I went to Freakscene tonight and I have a very difficult exam at 2pm. Probably not my smartest move.

I blame electro~bitch, she forced me to come out!

*awaits angry reply from the bitch when she logs in* :pac:

I went to Freakscene tonight and I have a very difficult exam at 2pm. Probably not my smartest move.

Well no doubt you had a better night than me :p Up til 4 studying and back up now again to finish it off. Just have to keep repeating *its nearly summer*its nearly summer*its nearly summer*its nearly summer*its nearly summer*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

forced me arse, I believe my exact words were "guess I can't tempt you with freakscene so" :pac:

forced me arse, I believe my exact words were "guess I can't tempt you with freakscene so" :pac:

Yeah, but it's the way you said it!

You are never forced to do anything!:P

Good luck with the exam!!

• Advertisement

Quality. :D

Best of luck with your exam. Take a knife to it. Waayyyyy! :cool:

Advertisement