Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Half way through and Im losing steam and motivation. If I didnt need my grades for my Post Grad I say Id be doing nothing!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Half way through and Im losing steam and motivation. If I didnt need my grades for my Post Grad I say Id be doing nothing!

I'm the same, I've one Monday - absolutely no motivation to study for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Next one not until tuesday, have one questions covered need to do my 2nd one, but Thursdays exam is going to be way harder so need to focus on that at the moment, sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Taking a break from the study for today. Put myself under so much unnecessary pressure last week that i started to burn out....doing the whole all nighters and cramming that i didn't need to do. Going to bring the sister to the lough to feed the birds and then just chillax.

4 exams next week which will probably be the toughest of all my exams and the 4 the week after should be ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Im also taking a break from study; right now Im drinking ciddr and watching the west wing. I know i made the right decision! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Im also taking a break from study; right now Im drinking ciddr and watching the west wing. I know i made the right decision! :D

Whiskey and family guy for me :D family guy night on bbc3 btw

Whipped out the father ted boxset there and endulging in Donatellos while watching it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Whiskey and family guy for me :D family guy night on bbc3 btw

damn i dont have bbc. and im out of cider. oh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Whipped out the father ted boxset there and endulging in Donatellos while watching it!

I want to see Father Ted all over again. Must get the boxset!

I want to see Father Ted all over again. Must get the boxset!

I got it when it went down to like 19 euro in xtravision last year--bargain of the century id say!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Did my first skydive today:D Really want to do it again. Some buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

My ****ing internet has decided to stop working cue exam failure in the am

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

I would love a brandy and ginger ale right now, followed by a serious greys anatomy marathon. And yes, I do realise that I am pining for a drink despite it being before midday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I would love a brandy and ginger ale right now, followed by a serious greys anatomy marathon. And yes, I do realise that I am pining for a drink despite it being before midday!

You bring the brandy i'll bring the greys :pac:

Its done!

Forum's nice and busy lately! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Forum's nice and busy lately! :)

Its called procrastination! :D

Its called procrastination! :D

True my friend, true. :pac:

8 hours of study done and counting!
    No sleep for me tonight id say :(

8 hours of study done and counting!
    No sleep for me tonight id say :(

I thought you were doing away with all that cramming? Think you mentioned it on a thread. When's your next exam?

• Advertisement

I thought you were doing away with all that cramming? Think you mentioned it on a thread. When's your next exam?

9.30 in the morning :pac:

Forgot about a whole section of the course that wasn't on blackboard but in my written notes. It bored me so much that i think i just had blanked it from memory :p

I don't want to be doing this but i know i have to if i want to pass...its my only 3 hour exam aswell so this going to be tough out.

9.30 in the morning :pac:

Forgot about a whole section of the course that wasn't on blackboard but in my written notes. It bored me so much that i think i just had blanked it from memory :p

I don't want to be doing this but i know i have to if i want to pass...its my only 3 hour exam aswell so this going to be tough out.

Few of my friends are doing the same exam. Micro? They are pretty much freaking out about it! there is a serious amount of red bull floating around the house at the moment! Dont worry though, there is no sense in that! :)

Few of my friends are doing the same exam. Micro? They are pretty much freaking out about it! there is a serious amount of red bull floating around the house at the moment! Dont worry though, there is no sense in that! :)

Yeah micro indeed :D 35 lectures of about 30 slides each.....shudder

My stash next to me includes chocolate,bottles of lucozade and barrys. Im getting there.......

Yeah micro indeed :D 35 lectures of about 30 slides each.....shudder

My stash next to me includes chocolate,bottles of lucozade and barrys. Im getting there.......

Hope its going ok!?

Also, Reacher, what are you focusing on for History core (HI2001)?

I am thinking black death, slave trade, French revolution, in particular the terror, reformation, papal schism... Kind of stumped after that really? There is so much to cover for that exam, I am kind of dreading it really!

Also, Reacher, what are you focusing on for History core (HI2001)?

I am thinking black death, slave trade, French revolution, in particular the terror, reformation, papal schism... Kind of stumped after that really? There is so much to cover for that exam, I am kind of dreading it really!

I've got the Black Death down. General topic of Napoleon's relations with Germany/revolution in Germany. Victorian Age in England as well. I probably should have more, will pick up a few bits and pieces. The above three have a good history of coming up though. I agree, there's a lot to get done!

C'mon Papa, slaughter that paper!

I've got the Black Death down. General topic of Napoleon's relations with Germany/revolution in Germany. Victorian Age in England as well. I probably should have more, will pick up a few bits and pieces. The above three have a good history of coming up though. I agree, there's a lot to get done!

Yeah the papers can be quite repetitive which is good! I was looking at them again last night and I noticed that a question on frence terror has pretty much come up the exact same, like almost word for word for like the last four years or something nuts like that! I wonder what are the chances that they will do the same this year? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Did anyone see Declan Jordan from the Economics Department on the Frontline last night? He was my lecturer last year, great character!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Hope its going ok!?

I'm sure we all have great faith in Papa's ability to steadily gobble through his stash of chocolate and liquid stimulants...;)

Hope its going ok!?

Got to sleep at 5.30 and was back up at 6 :p but it was well worth it though. Actually felt pretty energetic this morning....probably from the fact i had about three weeks of recommended sugar levels in about three hours

I did but hopefully in a good way :p
    Orizio wrote: »
    I'm sure we all have great faith in Papa's ability to steadily gobble through his stash of chocolate and liquid stimulants...;)

And yes i am prone to the odd couple of bars and drinks in a sugar binge :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

See, my favorite drink is Lucozade, but I think that due to the hugh amount I consume, the "energy" aspect doesn't really do much to me anymore..

So I've moved onto cans of Monster, they're my new exam "energy" drinks. :P

Advertisement