Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

dorgasm wrote: »
    College exams are a complete píss take so far compared to the Leaving ha, I'm delighted :D

You won't be saying that in a few years. At A level, when I said an exam went really well, I meant, I think I got an A, now when I say an exam went really well, I mean I think I actually passed. They have gotten so much harder, if you don't put in effort, you will fail. And I didn't really put much effort in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

stupid first yr irish:(

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

dorgasm wrote: »
    College exams are a complete píss take so far compared to the Leaving ha, I'm delighted :D

I hope the remainder of your college exams are that easy for you!? :rolleyes:

That comment mihgt come back to haunt you someday so be careful what you say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Was enjoying a lunch in the park when a guy decided to walk around with a 5 inch knife in his hand. As I left the park to call the guards, along with 2 girls, the Armed Response Unit turned up. The one with a sub-machine gun, proceeded alone into the park to confront the aforementioned knife wielder, while the other guard went for backup. Within 5 minutes there were 7 guards in the park and at least 3 of them were carrying guns. It was a slightly surreal experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Just got an e-mail to confirm that I got my first choice accomodation in Vienna for Erasmus. :D

I got the most central of all the student accomodation buildings, which is the job.. And I can move in from 1st September. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Nova_era wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail to confirm that I got my first choice accomodation in Vienna for Erasmus. :D

I got the most central of all the student accomodation buildings, which is the job.. And I can move in from 1st September. :)

Niccce!

Don't know why the eff I'm still up, got a day of house hunting, tesco going and studying tomorrow. In that fecking order as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

I've a house sorted for next year and living with my housemates from the year before. Nice how i'm able to slot back in with no effort on my part!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Niccce!

Don't know why the eff I'm still up, got a day of house hunting, tesco going and studying tomorrow. In that fecking order as well.

Turn that order around and you'd be better off :p
    I'd say no sleep for me again tonight...2 exams tomorrow.

You staying in cork for the summer or going back up the country?

Make the most of it man, studying abroad was the best decision i ever made! Are you there for a semester or the whole year? I have a few buddies studying in Linz next year, might make a brief trip over

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Was enjoying a lunch in the park when a guy decided to walk around with a 5 inch knife in his hand.

It's probably just my dirty mind and me being wrecked from study but when I read that sentence 'knife' was not what I saw.

I need a holiday. :pac:

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    Make the most of it man, studying abroad was the best decision i ever made! Are you there for a semester or the whole year? I have a few buddies studying in Linz next year, might make a brief trip over

A full year! The academic year over there is strange, it's October - January, and then March - August. :/

It's going to be great though, a bit hard to get settled in, but I'm sure I'll love it! :)

A full year! The academic year over there is strange, it's October - January, and then March - August. :/

It's going to be great though, a bit hard to get settled in, but I'm sure I'll love it! :)

I'm sure you will have no bother settling in. All the Austrian exchange students i have met this year are very nice

Turn that order around and you'd be better off :p
    I'd say no sleep for me again tonight...2 exams tomorrow.

You staying in cork for the summer or going back up the country?

only have tesco done so far, going to skip to study now though, don't feel like phoning people :)

Staying in Cork, too much hassle moving back up to Clare, plus I'd go insane living at home.

GRRRR can't study at all, getting distracted by every little thing and not retaining anything anyway. Feck this, going to go make a mountain of sandwiches and read. It's the bloody London Review of Books, practically counts as study anyway. Right?

deisedude wrote: »
    I'm sure you will have no bother settling in. All the Austrian exchange students i have met this year are very nice

That's good to know, I haven't met any Austrian exchange students this year here, but hopefully I'll meet some nice people over in Vienna. :D

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!!!!

I'm so jealous of you people!!!! :(

I'd actually love to be able to watch the Champions League Final in the knowledge that I was not missing out on study time. :(

Off to paris in a few hours woot woot!!

Good luck with Vienna Nova. Damn beautiful place to be living in for a year.

Off to paris in a few hours woot woot!!

Good luck with Vienna Nova. Damn beautiful place to be living in for a year.

I hope so! I've only been there once, and I was really really tired after a month of non-stop traveling, so I didn't see much. :(

Have a great time in Paris, I was there a few weeks ago during that ash cloud mayhem, and I still maintain that it's one of the most special and beautiful places in the world. :)

I might see you for a beer in Szimpla? ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Feckin jealous! I'm sick with food poisoning and I've to study for MS2001 on Wednesday :(

• Advertisement

Feckin jealous! I'm sick with food poisoning and I've to study for MS2001 on Wednesday :(

Nasty....hope it fecks off soon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nasty....hope it fecks off soon.

Starting to get better now, but I had planned to study yesterday and today :mad: It means I've gotta study Sunday now!

Enjoy Paris!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Good on ya Papa, have a good time in Paris. Give Thierry a slap for me!

Starting to get better now, but I had planned to study yesterday and today :mad: It means I've gotta study Sunday now!

Enjoy Paris!!

Its the most uncomfortable feeling ever and you just can't seem to stop rolling around when you have it.
    Good on ya Papa, have a good time in Paris. Give Thierry a slap for me!

Still holding a grudge?:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Its the most uncomfortable feeling ever and you just can't seem to stop rolling around when you have it.

Lately or rather since the game, it's Irish to loath Henry and co. :D

Aren't we all???

wasn't there some ad selling tvs that was on about henry and when France will get knocked out of the WC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Aren't we all???

Nope, i would have done the same thing.

And anyone that wouldn't shouldn't be playing a competitive sport.

Anybody who did that shouldn't be playing any sport at all.

Excuse me if I'm incorrect, but the foundational rules of football assume that players use their feet, and not their hands, in order to play the game.

Anybody who isn't able to obey that simple rule should most certainly not be playing football.

It is going to sweet, very sweet, when that **** gets booed at every single match France play in the World Cup. All 3 of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

This weekend is a disaster for study anyway!

Championship Playoff Final -v- Study
    Winner : Championship Playoff Final

Heineken Cup Final -v- Study
    Winner : Heineken Cup Final

Champions League Final -v- Study
    Winner : I think you get the picture...

Great day for the sofa though :D

• Advertisement

I completely disagree - anyone who would cheat to do well in a sport should not be playing at all

Advertisement