Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Nova_era wrote: »
    :(

They're the next Beatles, I'm sure of it

Blasphemy, you cant compare Crystal Swing and the Beatles.

Crystal Swing are obviously a million times better than those wannabes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Come along anyways electro, forget the exams. ;)

Deise, do you've any exams? I don't think I've seen you in the exams thread. Yanks do it all differently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

deisedude wrote: »
    Blasphemy, you cant compare Crystal Swing and the Beatles.

Crystal Swing are obviously a million times better than those wannabes:D

At least you've got your finger on the Pulse. :P

If the Sun is to be believed, Paul McCartney directly stole the idea behind Abby Road from the Swing

Come along anyways electro, forget the exams. ;)

Deise, do you've any exams? I don't think I've seen you in the exams thread. Yanks do it all differently?

My exams start properly next week. I only have four exams and a few papers. Ya the Yanks do it differently alright, at the college i'm at you do about 4 subjects each for 3 quarters and you are finished with each subject after 10 weeks

deisedude wrote: »
    My exams start properly next week. I only have four exams and a few papers. Ya the Yanks do it differently alright, at the college i'm at you do about 4 subjects each for 3 quarters and you are finished with each subject after 10 weeks

Four exams, that's pretty handy!

• Advertisement

I was talking to Sarah and Amir from college humor today:D They are really sound too

Finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnish girls are so hot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Any of the Nordic countries really :p

Although while at matches abroad there just seems to be nothing better than a nice Irish girl that catches your eye. Irish women seem to not get enough respect on the aul good-looking circuit. A local girl over a foreigner any day i say :)

Any of the Nordic countries really :p

Although while at matches abroad there just seems to be nothing better than a nice Irish girl that catches your eye. Irish women seem to not get enough respect on the aul good-looking circuit. A local girl over a foreigner any day i say :)

I wouldn't agree at all with that theory, but each to their own etc. :)

Maybe it's the broken English that I like, or the innocence.. but either way, foreign girls all the way for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I wouldn't agree at all with that theory, but each to their own etc. :)

Maybe it's the broken English that I like, or the innocence.. but either way, foreign girls all the way for me. :)

Swedish swedish swedish! Though I think it's fair to say Irish people are fairly far down the list when it comes to hotness, but like the guy said, fuckit, we'll still be funny when we're 80, what are those hot people going to do? TALK?*

*combination of comedians

• Advertisement

My preference outside of Ireland would have to be the Bavarian girls...i mean the ones holding the 5/6 glasses of beer at the Octoberfest.....oh lawd!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

i..i..i..i..i...a...a...ag...ag....a.... agree....w..w..w..with.....y...y....yyyyy...you

My preference outside of Ireland would have to be the Bavarian girls...i mean the ones holding the 5/6 glasses of beer at the Octoberfest.....oh lawd!!! :D

I once spent an enjoyable afternoon in the Hofbrauhaus in Munich, and encountered one of those girls. She seemed to have the most miserable life in the world, with tourists wanting to have pics with her the whole time, and guys groping her etc. So I kept trying to make her laugh, and eventually she just burst out in giggles after something I said, and was so happy. So then I moved in for the kill, and said "hey maybe you'd like to go for a drink later? (In German), and she said "sure, maybe", and then I fell over.

Moral of the story, if you want to score one of those girls, don't drink the stuff they're serving you. Order a coke. :)

But yeah, on my travels, I've learned that the further east you go, the hotter they get. I found the girls in Sweden/Norway hot, but my god they are average compared with Serbia/Ukraine etc.

And Moscow? Well, let's just say the Beatles were correct. What an amazing species of female.

I agree with this. I want an Irish girl to have all my mini-ReacherCreatures running around. Although foreign women are attractive etc. I just prefer Irish ones. :)

I'm sure the hundreds of girls who post on this forum will thank you guys ;)

My aunt just texted me.. She flew to London this morning, and Jedward were on her flight. That's worse than terrorists. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm sure the hundreds of girls who post on this forum will thank you guys ;)

My aunt just texted me.. She flew to London this morning, and Jedward were on her flight. That's worse than terrorists. :(

Your poor aunt! :D

I just found out that one third of my maths mark this year goes forward for my final mark. Had I known that beforehand, I think I would have studied more for this years exam.

Are ye going on the piss tonight or what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm not, I've work at half eight in the morning and I only finished today.

fml etc.

Are ye going on the piss tonight or what?!

No idea. All, who's actually interested? I'm easy.

EDIT: Asked three other boardsies, can't make it, little interest too in general. I'm out, although there's always next year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

but my god they are average compared with Serbia/Ukraine etc.

And Moscow? Well, let's just say the Beatles were correct. What an amazing species of female.
    Ah but they're also more likely to spike your drink and steal your wallet. The further east you go, the dodgier it gets...

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    Ah but they're also more likely to spike your drink and steal your wallet. The further east you go, the dodgier it gets...

Nah, not true. A girl in Eastern Europe has never cost me a cent. They're just thankful that you're not beating them, as apparently is the norm in the East. :/

And unlike Irish girls, they don't expect you to spend money and buy them stuff/drinks.

Nah, not true. A girl in Eastern Europe has never cost me a cent. They're just thankful that you're not beating them, as apparently is the norm in the East. :/

And unlike Irish girls, they don't expect you to spend money and buy them stuff/drinks.

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

This is something you consider when passing your lovely judgements on the relative values of females' company is it?

Also I can't really think of any girl who "expects" a guy to buy her drinks as a matter of course, but if the occasional guy is silly enough to do it in the hopes of getting a ride I'll gladly take it (the drink that is lol), if only to teach him not to be so silly. I'd feel a bit bad though.

My word Nova, you do bring out the raging feminist in me, which takes some doing.

This is something you consider when passing your lovely judgements on the relative values of females' company is it?

Also I can't really think of any girl who "expects" a guy to buy her drinks as a matter of course, but if the occasional guy is silly enough to do it in the hopes of getting a ride I'll gladly take it (the drink that is lol), if only to teach him not to be so silly. I'd feel a bit bad though.

My word Nova, you do bring out the raging feminist in me, which takes some doing.

It's a common thing. "Let's go out for a drink.. I'll have a vodka and coke please"

Of course I don't meant to come across so misogonistic!

Ah I'll miss UCC for a few months. :(

I'll miss it for a year. :(

I'll actually miss it so much, I bought a hoody yesterday to remind myself of the place

Im going to be living across the road from it for the summer so ill be seeign it all summer...and still buying my newspapers on the cheap in there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

So glad to be finished( yesterday ) I'm sure in a few weeks time I'll miss the place! :pac:

Just heard that Dr. Diarmuid Whelan of the History department died a few days ago.

Very sad, I had him for first year European Studies, and his lectures were very interesting and enjoyable, and perhaps the most popular of the whole year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Just heard that Dr. Diarmuid Whelan of the History department died a few days ago.

Very sad, I had him for first year European Studies, and his lectures were very interesting and enjoyable, and perhaps the most popular of the whole year.

Hang on, what? How the **** did that happen? I had him for loads of classes.

Advertisement