Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Orizio wrote: »
    Hang on, what? How the **** did that happen? I had him for loads of classes.

Died in Marymount a few days ago. Very sad indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

What the hell? How did this happen? I had him in Politics last year. This is hugely sad.

What's your source Nova_era?

What the hell? How did this happen? I had him in Politics last year. This is hugely sad.

I got a text from a friend about it a few days ago, and I found the obituary earlier online -

http://www.rip.ie/death_notices_detail.asp?NoticeID=106625

There's nothing about it on the UCC website. He was extremely young, it's really very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Its true alright. My dad did work for him before and was talking about him. Fairly young to end up in Marymount. Seems to be so many people dieing really young in the last few months. In the UCC emails last week it mentioned a first year arts student had died as well

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Its true alright. My dad did work for him before and was talking about him. Fairly young to end up in Marymount. Seems to be so many people dieing really young in the last few months. In the UCC emails last week it mentioned a first year arts student had died as well

I'm not too far away from where her family are living, her father is the man who owns the McDonalds in Blackpool and in Mallow. Absolute tragedy, feel so sorry for the family, two younger siblings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Sktchr

I'm not too far away from where her family are living, her father is the man who owns the McDonalds in Blackpool and in Mallow. Absolute tragedy, feel so sorry for the family, two younger siblings

I think I might know you rebel girl...:pac:

RIP Diarmuid.

Still a little shocked.

RIP Diarmuid.

Still a little shocked.

Same, it was only last year I had him for lectures, and he always seemed very healthy and confident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Nova_era wrote: »
    Same, it was only last year I had him for lectures, and he always seemed very healthy and confident.

What does being confident have to do with it?

What does being confident have to do with it?

Because usually when someone is ill it will come across especially if the guy is teaching in front of a large crowd. Ailments in a man of his age would probably be more noticeable than somebody a lot older.

• Advertisement

Because usually when someone is ill it will come across especially if the guy is teaching in front of a large crowd. Ailments in a man of his age would probably be more noticeable than somebody a lot older.

Well put.

I don't mean confident in a negative manner, I mean it as regards he never came across as someone who had a major illness hanging over him; he always seemed positive, and confident in his ability.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sktchr wrote: »
    I think I might know you rebel girl...:pac:

Moi?? How???
    Nova_era wrote: »
    Well put.

I don't mean confident in a negative manner, I mean it as regards he never came across as someone who had a major illness hanging over him; he always seemed positive, and confident in his ability.

Some people are very good at hiding things, but if he was having treatment then there would be some sign. It might have been that he didn't know, that whatever it was was too far advanced when it was caught. I didn't have him for anything, but its very sad when someone young dies like that

I'm stuck in a monsoon in Istanbul. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

^ The city or the takeaway?

The city.. I arrived this afternoon and have literally not been able to leave the hostel all day, due to the rain being so strong. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

When very roughly, do results come out?

Second Arts is the 29th of June I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Dates are here.

http://www.ucc.ie/en/exams/results/result-dates/

Just scroll down a little and the list is there.

Cheers - 25th of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

My results are out on the 23rd...same day that I'm seeing Pearl Jam in Belfast! Should be an interesting day anyways... :pac:

• Advertisement

No UCC for me in August!!!!! Thank christ.

Now to drink my heart out here in Munich :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kerrygirl17

I am hopefully going to UCC this september doin social sciences cant freekin wait!! i hope it will be worth all de hard work at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I am hopefully going to UCC this september doin social sciences cant freekin wait!! i hope it will be worth all de hard work at the moment :)

it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

I know a few girls who have done that course and they all loved it so i'm sure you will:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

No UCC for me in August!!!!! Thank christ.

Now to drink my heart out here in Munich :p

Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Did you pick any other courses in UCC?

Good job Papa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Too any incoming Computer Science students I may or may not be your Peer Support leader, So see ye during orientation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone know when college starts next year? I'm completely out of the loop after being gone for the year:pac:

• Advertisement

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone know when college starts next year? I'm completely out of the loop after being gone for the year:pac:

June the 1st 2011. Don't turn up any earlier or we'll kick you out.

Advertisement