Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just after seeing a student from 2nd year BIS has died, not sure when but got the email from the SU there.

Very sad, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭catiny

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone know when college starts next year? I'm completely out of the loop after being gone for the year:pac:

I'm pretty confident that the first day of lectures is the 20th of September.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I think its the 13th Sept - we got an email out at the end of March saying we start 3rd year on that date. They were obviously pretty confident we'd all pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

How's everyone's Summer? All keeping well? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm supposed to be doing some kind of thesis or something. I'm not though.

Thats about it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

It's ok. It's been pretty boring but i've had a chance to catch up on a lot of reading. :)

Byron85 wrote: »
    It's been pretty boring

...you could do my dissertation for me...:)

Orizio wrote: »

What's the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

How's everyone's Summer? All keeping well? :)
    So far its been only, well, meh. Too much work and not enough play. A bit of golf down in Wexford is the closest thing to a holiday i've had. Of course not having a competitive hurling team to follow this year was a big downer. Hopefully a good win for the footballers over Cork this Saturday night should make up for that :)

Orizio wrote: »

Hmm. Perhaps. ;) What are you doing it on anyway?

• Advertisement

Good question, I probably should work that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Is anybody here apart of the darts club in UCC?

I've been throwing darts for four years, played with Cork youths, yada yada yada. But my question is, do they take darts seriously? I'm looking to practise with players who enjoy darts and are decent players.
    Or is the club just an excuse to have a few beers with about 10 minutes of darts thrown in for the sake of it?.

Just been told (rightly) the opening chapter of my dissertation is a load of bollocks, and I know the following chapters are even more non-sensical. :( Its not due for two months but I'm really considering just starting from scratch entirely - problem is I completely lack the will and interest to do so.

Considering just forgetting about this whole thing and walking away with my ****ty and pointless arts 'degree'. Might get a job in Smyths and live with my parents for the rest of my life or something. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Is anybody here apart of the darts club in UCC?

I've been throwing darts for four years, played with Cork youths, yada yada yada. But my question is, do they take darts seriously? I'm looking to practise with players who enjoy darts and are decent players.
    Or is the club just an excuse to have a few beers with about 10 minutes of darts thrown in for the sake of it?.

I just checked the list of clubs and societies, and there's no darts club I'm afraid. You can set up your own club though. I'm not sure how to go about it though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Jay P wrote: »
    I just checked the list of clubs and societies, and there's no darts club I'm afraid. You can set up your own club though. I'm not sure how to go about it though...

There was a darts club during the Clubs & Socs week last year, but I never signed up to it. They didn't seem to create a website for it though.

There was a darts club during the Clubs & Socs week last year, but I never signed up to it. They didn't seem to create a website for it though.

Ah right, apologies. I thought the list on the website was the entire list.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Does anyone know if there's a postgraduate society?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Hi
    Anyone out there doing module repeats for Physics and astrophysics ????

mikehn wrote: »
    Hi
    Anyone out there doing module repeats for Physics and astrophysics ????

PY1053 by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Yup, one of the many,
    how are u approaching the repeats, are you just using the notes and textbooks/ old papers.
    cheers

• Advertisement

I'm not bothering with the notes to be honest. It's nearly all derivations, which isn't exactly helpful considering there aren't any derivations on the exam.

I'm just using the book, and doing questions out of it, and then trying questions from the papers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

i remember attempting 9% worth of PY1053 in the exam... passed by compensation. awful w*nkery subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭catiny

I realise this is an off-topic thread.. however!!!:p

Does anyone know how much registration fees will be this year including capitation?

Trying to budget atm!

Many thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

catiny wrote: »
    I realise this is an off-topic thread.. however!!!:p

Does anyone know how much registration fees will be this year including capitation?

Trying to budget atm!

Many thanks! :D

It was 1650 last year i think, not sure if they increased it or not

deisedude wrote: »
    It was 1650 last year i think, not sure if they increased it or not

I can't imagine they did, surely we'd have gotten an email about it if they had?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Jay P wrote: »
    I can't imagine they did, surely we'd have gotten an email about it if they had?

I would hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I have an awful feeling it will be increased again this year......

I have an awful feeling it will be increased again this year......

It's pretty likely that it will be increased to be honest. I'm expecting a fairly sizeable increase.

Byron85 wrote: »
    It's pretty likely that it will be increased to be honest. I'm expecting a fairly sizeable increase.

Byron85, is that you T.W.H? :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Byron85, is that you T.W.H? :o

It is!

Advertisement