Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

It is!

All questions can now be directed to my public representative, rebel girl 15. Any requests or questions sent to me directly will not be answered.

Sincerely yours,
    Byron85 (Formerly T.W.H Byron)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Byron85 wrote: »
    All questions can now be directed to my public representative, rebel girl 15. Any requests or questions sent to me directly will not be answered.

Sincerely yours,

:pac:

Why the change? T.W.H suggested you were a Lord or something!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sincerely yours,

Right so but we still have to discuss my contract!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

so how is everyones summer going??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

so how is everyones summer going??

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOO!!!

Going grand now, busy evenings, easy days! How are things with you? Looking forward to final year??

• Advertisement

It's good. Boring here and there but I'm not complaining! Looking forward to this year though. :)

Hows yours Captain?

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOO!!!

Going grand now, busy evenings, easy days! How are things with you? Looking forward to final year??

Good!! Just back from my two week inter rail adventure around Europe. Amazing stuff, sad that its over though. Oddly looking forward to college despite the stress and work thats ahead of me. You looking forward to third year?
    It's good. Boring here and there but I'm not complaining! Looking forward to this year though. :)

Hows yours Captain?

Trying to figure out what modules/seminars I should take next year, its not a pleasant task. so many choices! I am surprised at how excited I am about going back to college, despite it being final year though. I think its because I am living in blissful ignorance at the moment. :)

Good!! Just back from my two week inter rail adventure around Europe. Amazing stuff, sad that its over though. Oddly looking forward to college despite the stress and work thats ahead of me. You looking forward to third year?

Yeah, kinda - not looking forward to the amount of work though!

We got our timetable at the start of July, in a week early this year, plus won't finish till 6 on Mondays, and 7 on Tuesdays :( Not looking nice at the moment! Teaching practise in November should be great though! We'll have to meet up for coffee etc at the start of the year!

Yeah, kinda - not looking forward to the amount of work though!

We got our timetable at the start of July, in a week early this year, plus won't finish till 6 on Mondays, and 7 on Tuesdays :( Not looking nice at the moment! Teaching practise in November should be great though! We'll have to meet up for coffee etc at the start of the year!

I know, its kind of daunting that this is my final year and my assignments and results will be part of my overall degree! Argh!! Its crazy, where did time go? Your timetable sounds rough, Its cool the way you know for certain already what your time table is, I wish we had that! yes, coffee is a must! Its been so long!

Trying to figure out what modules/seminars I should take next year, its not a pleasant task. so many choices! I am surprised at how excited I am about going back to college, despite it being final year though. I think its because I am living in blissful ignorance at the moment. :)

Exciting stuff! I'm not going to have a look yet at what to pick, will give it another bit and we'll see. Definitely going to up to a Single in History; bring it on! We all must meet up again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Jay P wrote: »
    I'm not bothering with the notes to be honest. It's nearly all derivations, which isn't exactly helpful considering there aren't any derivations on the exam.

I'm just using the book, and doing questions out of it, and then trying questions from the papers...

LOL. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Is something wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Care to explain that comment? Or shall I just go ahead and delete what looks to me like a very pointless and insulting post?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Care to explain that comment? Or shall I just go ahead and delete what looks to me like a very pointless and insulting post?

I was LOLing at the school system that had its notes that he states are full of things not needed for the exam.

I don't give a **** what it looks like to you, delete it and there'll be a complaint made about you.

I was LOLing at the school system that had its notes that he states are full of things not needed for the exam.
    Grand, no bother.
    I don't give a **** what it looks like to you, delete it and there'll be a complaint made about you.
    Infraction given. Any disputes with moderators are to be handled via PM, NOT on a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

We were even told that there's more stuff on our notes that we wont need than that we will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Anyone know where I need to go/contact to get the original copy of my degree/transcript? Dont graduate until the 7th of Sept. and I begin my PostGrad in London on the 8th and theyre looking for my degree/transcripts before I start the course....After 3 years in UCC youd think Id know where to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone know where I need to go/contact to get the original copy of my degree/transcript? Dont graduate until the 7th of Sept. and I begin my PostGrad in London on the 8th and theyre looking for my degree/transcripts before I start the course....After 3 years in UCC youd think Id know where to go!

The Student Records and Examinations office i would presume. I think the office is in the west wing somewhere. Might be an idea to poke around the UCC website for an email address or more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Thought as much, Ill go have a root around the west wing during the week! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Thought as much, Ill go have a root around the west wing during the week! Thanks

I found a link with an email and phone number

http://www.ucc.ie/en/records-exams/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Quick question. If you're doing 40 credits in a subject in second year can you switch to 50 credits in the same subject come third year?

Quick question. If you're doing 40 credits in a subject in second year can you switch to 50 credits in the same subject come third year?

I think so but I'm not fully sure. That's what I'm intending on doing this year, going up to 50 credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hi. Got accepted into second year of the degree in early childhood studies starting in September. Was wondering if there is anywhere online to get a copy of the timetable for second year just to get an idea of what the hours are like? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

mariebeth wrote: »
    Hi. Got accepted into second year of the degree in early childhood studies starting in September. Was wondering if there is anywhere online to get a copy of the timetable for second year just to get an idea of what the hours are like? Thanks :)

Here you are. It doesn't have tutorials, you'll be told about them in the lectures I presume. And Semester two isn't there for some reason... Dunno why... You can see all the timetables if you go to timetable.ucc.ie.

Semester two isn't down because there is a placement during that semester. Also, you have you end of year exams after Christmas and not in May with everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Jay P wrote: »
    Here you are. It doesn't have tutorials, you'll be told about them in the lectures I presume. And Semester two isn't there for some reason... Dunno why... You can see all the timetables if you go to timetable.ucc.ie.
    Semester two isn't down because there is a placement during that semester. Also, you have you end of year exams after Christmas and not in May with everyone else!

Thanks for that, it's been a big help.

Yes I'll have exams after Christmas which will make the holiday season even more joyous with all the studying!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

em anyone know why social science is not on any of the timetables or in the book of modules or anything?..........its just kind of dissapeared!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Anyone know when the repeats results are out?

Is it all together or do they kinda come whenever does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

When are we allowed to register for the year?

• Advertisement

Registration dates are here: http://www.ucc.ie/en/registration/dates-procedures/dates/

For most people it will either be the 3rd or the 10th of September. Some Health Science courses can register in August though.

Advertisement