Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

To see how long we can last would be entertaining. Means we cant get in trouble :p It feels slightly naked not having a Mod to boss us around though :( Forum feels strange with the lack of bold writing...

So mon...someone start a poll vote for who should be Mod? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I think we need a science student here as a mod like *cough*, none of these history or politics heads :P . I'd say we could last here until the next time the SU comes up with a silly idea or the college gets covered in ice.
    Ahem! I was a science student. You all benefited from my glorious regime long enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

new mod you say?:O:O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Is there any secure bike storage in or around UCC, beyond the lock loops around campus?

With the influx of more expensive racer type bikes around the place, it would be nice to something a tad more secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Ahem! I was a science student. You all benefited from my glorious regime long enough! :D

You're tyrany and constant punishing of us peasant regular posters more like . :p

Oh and the science bit was referring to Byron and reachers nomination! We don't need any of those artsy types running this place!! :pac:

• Advertisement

You're tyrany and constant punishing of us peasant regular posters more like . :p

Oh and the science bit was referring to Byron and reachers nomination! We don't need any of those artsy types running this place!! :pac:

Nothin wrong with Arts people :P Think its time the place needs a change! :P

I mean obv they'll never compare to Knifey...(so not sucking up)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nothin wrong with Arts people :P Think its time the place needs a change! :P

I mean obv they'll never compare to Knifey...(so not sucking up)

Won't be any use sure, wrong person! Knifey wasn't the mod :P

UCC forum has two regular posters with Knife ;) KnifeWRENCH, our esteemed former moderator and Knifey Spooney

UCC forum has two regular posters with Knife ;) KnifeWRENCH, our esteemed former moderator and Knifey Spooney

He's Knifey to me from C&H :P

Now...Mod campaigns? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I was wondering there when was I mod of this fine forum :p

I'm known as Knifey over in C&H and it's kinda stuck with me. So it'd be much less confusing if KnifeySpoony can henceforth be known as Spoony rather than Knifey! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I'm known as Knifey over in C&H and it's kinda stuck with me. So it'd be much less confusing if KnifeySpoony can henceforth be known as Spoony rather than Knifey! :p

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

tumblr_kwyv8zI1Me1qzxvmyo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

^^^You call that a knife?

Anyway, why can't I be known as my own name here since I never post I C&H anyway? Being called Spoony just sounds plain wrong.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I know some people use them already but www.awesomebooks.com are brilliant for getting text books for as little as £2.15 each. (free delivery for 2 or more books) Granted, they are usually older editions but I have found any book I've gotten great and you can supplement them with google books if need be;) Just ordered 14 books there and it came to about €32 delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Awesomebooks are incredible. I highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nirzenra

Heya guys, don't mean to be super-off topic here but I was just wondering if any of you know someone who still hasn't accommodation sorted for this year 'cause we need to fill our spare room by tomorrow and we haven't gotten anyone yet.

Spacious room available in Cork on Gillabbey Terrace (just behind Subway) for the upcoming academic year. €80 a week before bills. Microwave, oven, washing machine and dryer. House wired up for UPC TV and Broadband also. Refuse included in rent. Three other 2nd year students in the house. If interested, send a pm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

nirzenra wrote: »
    Heya guys, don't mean to be super-off topic here but I was just wondering if any of you know someone who still hasn't accommodation sorted for this year 'cause we need to fill our spare room by tomorrow and we haven't gotten anyone yet.

Spacious room ...

You need to take off the mobile numbers, not allowed on boards, especially giving someone elses mobile out on the net. Best thing is to ask people to PM you and you can give your mobile to them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Awesomebooks are incredible. I highly recommend them.

Ya, they're awesome >.>

Clever...:pac:

nirzenra wrote: »
    Heya guys, don't mean to be super-off topic here but

You realise you're posting in the off-topic thread right? :pac: The only way you could be off-topic in this thread is by being on topic......

/tries to make sense of previous sentence
    /brain melts

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Anyone care to remind me why registration fee has gone up again?

I remember hearing it but can't actually remember :o

• Advertisement

Anyone care to remind me why registration fee has gone up again?

I remember hearing it but can't actually remember :o

Its called the Government :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Its called the Government :pac:

Why yes. A worthy cause :pac:

Is http://bb.ucc.ie working for anyone else???

What are you trying to get into?? Blackboard??

Its down alright

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/bb.ucc.ie

What are you trying to get into?? Blackboard??

UCC forums

UCC forums
    Thanks!!
    Yeah, the forums..

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Looking to get a locker in the Kane. The website says to just put a lock on one of the lockers then tell facilities?

Is it easy to get one and does anyone know if I could get one next week?

Thanks

Few Tipp folk on this so I'll speak for them: C'mon Tipperary! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

Ya, you should have no hassle getting one, they keep the locker lists over in the lost and found between main rest and the civil engineering building, so maybe just pop in and ask them first!

Advertisement