Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Byron85 wrote: »
    I'd imagine that's because it's only October folks. Expect the opening house to be extended around Christmas time and the again around March, just in time for the end of year exams and such.

Last year at this time (mid-October) the reading room was definitely open - I had the misfortune of being in there a few nights! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

Anyone got a list of ball dates before xmas?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Tis fierce quiet in here!! Must be exams or assignments coming up or something!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aelune

The amount of absolute BOTHER of having to gain access to the wireless network in UCC is beyond crazy. They definitely need to switch to a free, public wifi type arrangement. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

aelune wrote: »
    The amount of absolute BOTHER of having to gain access to the wireless network in UCC is beyond crazy. They definitely need to switch to a free, public wifi type arrangement. Wow.

I think its grand?? Its not public for a reason, anyone could walk in off the street and use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aelune

That's how it was in my old University and things were fine. This is way OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

It only took me about 5 minutes to fill in the form thing online, and then another 5 to bring it down to the lads in the Boole basement

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

aelune wrote: »

Its not feasible with the location of UCC, given the huge number of residential areas around the college. If they left it open, the amount of people getting access to it would be ridiculous

It only ever took me 15 mins tops to get sorted initially, then every year it's a five minute job to renew it

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

Managing a delightful balance between academia and lushing. I've got that feeling, that beat boy feeling. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

public wi-fi? yeah if you want it to be dead slow. besides, the **** people get up to on the internet, ucc would get blamed for it all if it was public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Can you get wifi on an android phone in ucc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

shezer wrote: »
    Can you get wifi on an android phone in ucc?

You can, but only on the newer versions of android as far as I know! I had a phone with Android 2.1 last year and I couldn't get it connected. This year I have android 4.0.1, and that works!

You can, but only on the newer versions of android as far as I know! I had a phone with Android 2.1 last year and I couldn't get it connected. This year I have android 4.0.1, and that works!

How long does it take to setup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

How long does it take to setup?

Errrrra... 10 minutes!

Well, does anyone know if we have the bank holiday off? I have stuff timetabled for Monday and a match at home in Laois at the same time :mad:

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Well, does anyone know if we have the bank holiday off? I have stuff timetabled for Monday and a match at home in Laois at the same time :mad:

Yes.We have it off

Yes.We have it off

Checked out my hard copy and it looks like the problem was one of the modules was down as weeks 5-11 on the website instead of 5-9, 11, and then that was showing up as a lab and 2 lectures on Monday on my timetable.

You'll always have bank holidays off...

BYEEEE UCC!! Finally graduated - very long between getting the results and graduating, madness really!

BYEEEE UCC!! Finally graduated - very long between getting the results and graduating, madness really!

was that ye hanging around the place taking pictures today?

anyways, does that mean you have to forfeit modding this thread?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Congrats!

My turn today. Kinda sad it will be my last thing ever to do with UCC. But onwards and upwards anyway.:D

shane9689 wrote: »
    was that ye hanging around the place taking pictures today?

anyways, does that mean you have to forfeit modding this thread?:eek:

Yeah, our ceremony was at 3.30, so had photos after it. No, not giving up modding here, thinking about coming home next year to do a masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Was sitting in New Bar today and looked up at the graduations being shown on a projector and a girl in the front row stood up, opened her gown and started to pull down her skirt. Wonder if that was any of ye :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Yeah, our ceremony was at 3.30, so had photos after it. No, not giving up modding here, thinking about coming home next year to do a masters.

Congratulations, although avoiding walking into people's graduation pictures was like walking through a minefield. I had 'Nam flashbacks. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

The campus internet is starting to grate me again... it's blocked pretty much all online TV links... pain in the ass for those of us who live within UCC wifi and need it to survive! :( Does anyone know ANY way around removing this whole ''stream cannot be found'' thing?

The campus internet is starting to grate me again... it's blocked pretty much all online TV links... pain in the ass for those of us who live within UCC wifi and need it to survive! :( Does anyone know ANY way around removing this whole ''stream cannot be found'' thing?

happening to me to, daclips seems to be the only one working at the moment but keep that on the dl

It's brutal, nothing works on it, I'm going a little bit more mad everyday because of it :(

shane9689 wrote: »
    happening to me to, daclips seems to be the only one working at the moment but keep that on the dl

Novamov works too, but very slowly! I miss Putlocker and Vidixen :(
    It's brutal, nothing works on it, I'm going a little bit more mad everyday because of it :(

I can understand why the blocks are on, but can they not take them off between 6pm and 8am? College shuts down between those hours and feck all people are around using the wifi. It's actually crazy :(

I can understand why the blocks are on, but can they not take them off between 6pm and 8am? College shuts down between those hours and feck all people are around using the wifi. It's actually crazy :(

More people are still around than you think, most of my class are in college till 9 some nights

• Advertisement

More people are still around than you think, most of my class are in college till 9 some nights

But outside of 8 and 6, most of the traffic would be gone so the internet wouldn't be under that much of a struggle as it would during the day ya know? I get a lot of people have to work after hours etc, but a good bit of the traffic will have died down so it's not that slow etc.

Advertisement