Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

This probably sounds childish but I don't want to go back to college on Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

cant wait for monday to be over, marks the end of my essay cramming :S

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

We're now the third greenest/cleanest campus in the world apparently!

i always thought the western gateway building was ridiculously clean alright

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

Anyone know if its possible to register a laptop for wifi in boole basement at weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

I'd love a a snow day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

You know for the arts ball, can a non ucc student go as a person's date or is it just people that are in UCC arts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Palytoxin wrote: »
    We're now the third greenest/cleanest campus in the world apparently!

That is some going in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

psyched for rag week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I just made a png of a good quality UCC Crest with a transparent background. Putting it up here so it will pop up in google as it can be hard to find a good quality crest!

Transparent background is very handy for powerpoints etc with background colours that aren't white.

UCC_Crest_Transparent.png

tags: UCC,Crest,Transparent,PNG

• Advertisement

random but useful. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FionnOh

Student portal seems to be shagged today!?

FionnOh wrote: »
    Student portal seems to be shagged today!?
    There's maintenance going on all day today and maybe part of tomorrow, I can still get onto blackboard through blackboard.ucc.ie though

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FionnOh

There's maintenance going on all day today and maybe part of tomorrow, I can still get onto blackboard through blackboard.ucc.ie though

Yah, works for me too. Sound Palytoxin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Timetables have just reappeared again in Student Admin. I noticed that they still haven't included the locations of the exams, I thought the point of taking them down for the last three weeks was to finalise them. Does that not include telling us where the exams are actually on?:confused: I can't remember from last year what the story was.

Edit: They've since updated them fully it seems, although I can't get Student Admin to open for me now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Its down, been refreshing for the last 20 minutes :P Lovely time for the student admin page to go down...

Its down, been refreshing for the last 20 minutes :P Lovely time for the student admin page to go down...

So typical! I really want to know where the exams are on!!

Still down this morning, it'll probably be down until Monday now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

6 exams in Neptune.....6/10 ****ing exams in Neptune....

magicianz wrote: »
    6 exams in Neptune.....6/10 ****ing exams in Neptune....

I'm jealous of you! Neptune is way handier for me because of where I live, and all of mine are either on campus or in the Mardyke.:(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1 Themozzer

We're two first year college students who have come up with a website called unisellit.com that is a free donedeal for students. We're having trouble getting word out there and getting people on it, any advice on the site or how to get new members to get it off the ground? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Themozzer wrote: »
    We're two first year college students who have come up with a website called unisellit.com that is a free donedeal for students. We're having trouble getting word out there and getting people on it, any advice on the site or how to get new members to get it off the ground? :)

Posters in the Boole etc? Also try the Failte Fest Facebook page, they're still posting things so someone might see it. The notice board in the student center would be a good place because people are looking to buy things. You could hand out flyers. You could also talk to your classes and some of them might join. Have you made a Facebook page for it? If so you could just go on different UCC groups and post there to get people to notice the site. You could have a competition e.g. share this page for the chance to win X. You could also hassle your friends to promote the website in their class Facebook groups. Basically think election tactics and apply them for a website.

Is it me, or has the exam wifi deterioration begun? It keeps cutting out all morning, oh the joys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Is the library jam-packed as usual? Oh the joys of when I used to study at home. Despite all the distractions it brought, it was much better than the library.

Is the library jam-packed as usual? Oh the joys of when I used to study at home. Despite all the distractions it brought, it was much better than the library.

By 10.30 or 11 it's difficult to get a seat! That'll get earlier as the weeks go by as usual.

Just checked my timetable, 5/8 in Neptune...

I've 2 in "COLLEGE MINI-RESTAURANT", there's hardly exams in the main rest is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I've 2 in "COLLEGE MINI-RESTAURANT", there's hardly exams in the main rest is there?

Think they do them in the upstairs restaurant. You can grab yourself a roll beforehand. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Yeah, its upstairs in the main rest - they close the food outlets up there for the month of May.

I never had the Neptune experience, all mine were either on campus or the Mardyke

Yeah, its upstairs in the main rest - they close the food outlets up there for the month of May.

I never had the Neptune experience, all mine were either on campus or the Mardyke
    I had one there last year, such a trek over there, and then you're in with hundreds and they're all leaving and walking around to the bathroom and everywhere, I really prefer the smaller and quieter places.

• Advertisement

Is it just me or the wifi absolutely dire at times these days? I find I'm just randomly disconnecting for a couple of minutes every so often atm

Advertisement