Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

probably because theres an overload of procrastinators on campus this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Printers not working for anyone else? I keep getting the login is incorrect thing, even though it's 100% correct :(

Edit: Sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Anyone know if we can park in the Mardyke carpark when we have an exam on there?? Also, is the park & Ride bus running a late bus for us coming back from Neptune after 6???

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hippy_hi

Im heading to UCC in September for a maters, and will only be their September until December...where would anybody recommend to look for accommodation in a quite place, only looking for somewhere to sleep really? Apologies if there is a thread on this as I didn't spot it.

I have looked on the usual student places and daft and gumtree etc but am I missing somewhere to look? Any advice please for accommodation three nights per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

hippy_hi wrote: »
    Im heading to UCC in September for a maters, and will only be their September until December...where would anybody recommend to look for accommodation in a quite place, only looking for somewhere to sleep really? Apologies if there is a thread on this as I didn't spot it.

I have looked on the usual student places and daft and gumtree etc but am I missing somewhere to look? Any advice please for accommodation three nights per week.

If you're literally going to be here 3 nights a week I've heard that it's cheaper to stay in the youth hostel rather than get your own place. But that's only heard from a friend.

UCC has an accommodation office to advise people as well.

http://www.uccaccommodation.ie/

They check places out so they are of a good enough standard and could help you choose a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

try daft aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Got my masters for september. Oh UCC how I've missed you.

Anybody know when the results are out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Anybody know when the results are out?

Different for every degree. List is here:

http://www.ucc.ie/en/exams/results/result-dates/

Good luck!

Different for every degree. List is here:

http://www.ucc.ie/en/exams/results/result-dates/

Good luck!
    Thanks, you too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Anyone able to give a rough indication as to when the repeats timetable was released last year?? I need to book flights but don't want to waste the money if I'm gonna have an exam :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Anyone able to give a rough indication as to when the repeats timetable was released last year?? I need to book flights but don't want to waste the money if I'm gonna have an exam :/

Before the end of the month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Just wondering is there any way to find out the youngest person that has gone to UCC and completed a degree? Undergaduate or postgraduate. I know you have to be 17 to be enrolled but with special permission you can be accepted before that age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Maybe if you contact the Student Records office in the West Wing they might have that info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

Looking forward to going back now. 4 weeks today right?

What plans/changes are ye going to do for the up coming year?

I hope to join the Mountaineering Club as I've been saying since I started UCC! I took the conversational Irish class two years ago and might do it again. I'm glad not to be working mid week this time, got my shifts changed to a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

I always meant to join the mountaineering club, used to love it in secondary school but with college 9-5 every weekday and sailing.most Saturday's Sunday was always my day off. I'm hoping to use the mardyke a bit more, used it for the first time last week and I'm going into fourth year, it's people like me they make the money off. And maybe try out the scuba diving did it last year in Sorrento and loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

is the capitation fee of like 150 paid online at registration part 1 or is it paid on orientation day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Sunny!! wrote: »
    is the capitation fee of like 150 paid online at registration part 1 or is it paid on orientation day?

Registration. You have up to tp2 I think.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Registration. You have up to tp2 I think.

cheers so you pay using a credit card on the day or just bring money? Thanks for the reply:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Sunny!! wrote: »
    cheers so you pay using a credit card on the day or just bring money? Thanks for the reply:)

It's all online, you can do it whenever you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Back for a masters myself. Hoping to join the mountaineering aswell too as i was nearly always working the Sundays that they would go away on trips. Probably will join the science society and the biotech/biochem too.

TheChizler wrote: »
    It's all online, you can do it whenever you want.

Thanks!!

I hear the hill walking trips get very tough as the year goes on. So the first trip will be the easiest and the busiest! I bought hill walking boots at an army surplus a few weeks ago so now I have no excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Just wondering is there any way to find out the youngest person that has gone to UCC and completed a degree? Undergaduate or postgraduate. I know you have to be 17 to be enrolled but with special permission you can be accepted before that age.

Only reason I see UCC doing it is for PR/some money at this stage- look at the alcohol free in apartments (vic lodge of all place :D) and what they`re doing as regards the government long-term unemployed scheme.

If you`re really smart I`d just apply to universities in the US and europe who are more geared towards that- you`d really need to show exceptional abilities tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ColinJ94

what are the most fun clubs and societies that people wouldnt expect? Not the weird ones though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KingaC1401

tbh, I cant wait to go to college but I am scared at the same time! noone i know is going to UCC so i'm going to be on my own :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

KingaC1401 wrote: »
    tbh, I cant wait to go to college but I am scared at the same time! noone i know is going to UCC so i'm going to be on my own :(

You'll be Graaaaannnnnddd ;)
    Plenty of people in societies, classes and clubs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I was back up there yesterday, the main rest is so different!!!

Did you get your Costa Coffee? Better than the €1 muck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Does the college facilitate a place to leave luggage and bags ?? Other than a persons locker ?

Advertisement