Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to St Patrick's Athletic V Steaua Bucharest Thursday 27th August

• 24-08-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

HI,
    A mate of mine from Romania is hoping to travel up to this match from Athlone. Getting there is no problem, but the last buses on City Link or Bus Eireann leave too early and he has no way of getting back to Athlone after the match. He has also looked at the train, but again not suitable
    Is there any other option, as regards buses or whatever. As I said he is from Romania, so doesn't have a car and hiring one is too awkward.
    Of course if anyone was actually going to the match and be willing to car pool, that would be great too, if so PM me and I'll pass on his details.
    Many Thanks
    Dace

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Thumb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Thumb?

I thought you meant he was under the thumb there for a minute!!

But ya could be right, thumbing (not a sexual act) may be his best hope. Or else book a room there (and maybe do a bit of thumbing there too) and come back to Athlone the next day. Our public transport is a bit crap. But then, not much demand for trains/buses out of Dublin to Athlone at 10/11 at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

I hate the way theres no late buses back to Athlone, I'm in college in Athlone and its really difficult getting to Dalymount for any midweek matches.

Maybe chance your arm on the Athlone Town message board ans see if anyone is travelling, I know from experience its very common for fans of fellow eircom League teams to go to other teams matches
    http://www.irishfootienetwork.com/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=656ceec5c80e3ce8ac016c54cb76ddd7

edit: you have to register before viewing the forum..

Advertisement