Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mid life crisis cager rant

• 24-08-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I know we have a Rant forum but I believe this belongs here. This is based on fact and not baseless.

In the past week I've had three different drivers try and nearly kill me. All were men just past middle age.

The first, a grey haired tosser in a Porsche 911 with bimbo beside him slammed on his brakes for nothing when going through a junction when I changed lanes behind him and started laughing. Both thought this was hilarious when I had to swerve to avoid them.

The second guy in a small car, about the same age. Stops in front me about 20 meters before a red light and beacons me around him for absolutely no reason. When I declined he just moved up to the light :confused:

Today another middle aged tosser blasts me out of it because I slowed down and came to a gentle stop outside a gas station before I turned in. Seemingly I wasn't fast enough :rolleyes: and he didn't bother to slow down when he seen me turning. I watched him in my mirror slam on his brakes.

I have similar stories from when I was living in Ireland. One sticks in my mind. Another pink shirt wearing 50 odd tosser in a Bently Continental GT overtook me in the over taking lane on the right nearly knocked me off the bike in a torrential downpour. Himself and his bimbo missus thought it was hilarious.

What the f*ck is going on with these post mid-life crisis ass-hats ?? I could go on like this all day. Is it a jealousy thing ? showing off in front of the missus ?

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this on my bike ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Maybe its not them...

Anyways, you live in Germany - they are all a bit mad.

I had a doofus in a taxi cross three lanes of traffic and undertake me on a roundabout this morning, all while he was roaring into his phone. I just give these morons a wide berth.

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Maybe its not them...

Anyways, you live in Germany - they are all a bit mad.

Well 'Ceptor, what makes it think it wasn't them ??

Maybe my arseless leather chaps were distracting them. You know seeing as all us Kwacker drivers are Gay :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

KTRIC wrote: »
    all us Kwacker drivers are Gay :rolleyes:

Accepting yourself for who you are is the first step :D

hobochris wrote: »
    Accepting yourself for who you are is the first step :D

What do you mean ??, I'm very straight acting.

chaps-motorcycle-harley-745986.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

You know seeing as all us Kwacker drivers are Gay :rolleyes:

Maybe you are distracted by all these pink shirted, grey haired tossers in fancy cages and the blood is rushing out of your head?

Tell all the girls what you had before you upgraded to the uber-panzer crotch rocket. (Hint: it had tassels...:p)

'c

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Well 'Ceptor, what makes it think it wasn't them ??

Maybe my arseless leather chaps were distracting them. You know seeing as all us Kwacker drivers are Gay :rolleyes:

Dude you forgot to sign your post :rolleyes:

'kkzi :cool:

KamiKazi wrote: »

Ah shoite !!. I knew there was something I needed to do to assert my heterosexuality :rolleyes:

'TRIC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Yep mate I agree, the most common crap drivers tend to be middle aged TDI or merc driving men.

I call them homosexual drivers because they drive right up your ar$e! No offence to Kwak riders :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

KamiKazi wrote: »

He cant see you remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

"The first, a grey haired tosser in a Porsche 911 with bimbo beside him slammed on his brakes for nothing when going through a junction when I changed lanes behind him and started laughing. Both thought this was hilarious when I had to swerve to avoid them. "

?? Surely thats your driving at fault... not allowing sufficient room for speed being travelled.

As any motorcyclist will notice drivers of cars etc. generally dont notice us. They dont understand the acceleration or how vulnerable we are.

• Advertisement

mcguiver wrote: »
    "The first, a grey haired tosser in a Porsche 911 with bimbo beside him slammed on his brakes for nothing when going through a junction when I changed lanes behind him and started laughing. Both thought this was hilarious when I had to swerve to avoid them. "

?? Surely thats your driving at fault... not allowing sufficient room for speed being travelled.

As any motorcyclist will notice drivers of cars etc. generally dont notice us. They dont understand the acceleration or how vulnerable we are.

You'd have to have been there to understand. I wasn't driving that close, if I was then I would have hit him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I know we have a Rant forum but I believe this belongs here. This is based on fact and not baseless.

In the past week I've had three different drivers try and nearly kill me. All were men just past middle age.

The first, a grey haired tosser in a Porsche 911 with bimbo beside him slammed on his brakes for nothing when going through a junction when I changed lanes behind him and started laughing. Both thought this was hilarious when I had to swerve to avoid them.

The second guy in a small car, about the same age. Stops in front me about 20 meters before a red light and beacons me around him for absolutely no reason. When I declined he just moved up to the light :confused:

Today another middle aged tosser blasts me out of it because I slowed down and came to a gentle stop outside a gas station before I turned in. Seemingly I wasn't fast enough :rolleyes: and he didn't bother to slow down when he seen me turning. I watched him in my mirror slam on his brakes.

I have similar stories from when I was living in Ireland. One sticks in my mind. Another pink shirt wearing 50 odd tosser in a Bently Continental GT overtook me in the over taking lane on the right nearly knocked me off the bike in a torrential downpour. Himself and his bimbo missus thought it was hilarious.

What the f*ck is going on with these post mid-life crisis ass-hats ?? I could go on like this all day. Is it a jealousy thing ? showing off in front of the missus ?

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this on my bike ?

If they braked in front of my Z1300, they'd be coming with me. Perhaps reporting them might help, but likely not.

This is turning into a stupid cager rant in general. Yesterday evening driving home and a nice Hornet 250 in front of me, we both turned a corner at a T-junction when the car in front of the Hornet just stopped dead in the middle of the turn and insisted we go around her :rolleyes:

She did this just as I was mid turn / lean, it was great fun to stop.

What is going through these stupid peoples minds when they see a bike or two behind them. Do they think we are all of a sudden going to eat their car or start doing wheelies over the bonnet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

I'd say, in my experience, 90% of drivers are considerate to me on the bike. But my god the other 10%. When I get a real f**ker, I'll follow them to the traffic lights when they're stopped and hurl uncharacteristic abuse at them. Really let it all out like. This generally scares the bejesus out of them and then I speed off at the lights with no one to catch me. A good seeing to like this will make people think twice before disrespecting my biker crew again:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'd say, in my experience, 90% of drivers are considerate to me on the bike. But my god the other 10%. When I get a real f**ker, I'll follow them to the traffic lights when they're stopped and hurl uncharacteristic abuse at them. Really let it all out like. This generally scares the bejesus out of them and then I speed off at the lights with no one to catch me. A good seeing to like this will make people think twice before disrespecting my biker crew again:D

haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Only yesterday I had some lad in a Roscommon reg car creep his front bumper into my leg at a set of lights that I had filtered to the top of. I was positioned to block the car which I do to make sure there's no funny business when the lights go green. I noticed the car creeping, but couldn't believe it when it made contact. He couldn't see the face I gave him but I think he got the message when I whipped my head around to stare at him. 1 centimeter more and he would have been loosing a front headlight via my boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

One weird dude in a fail pov spec 3 series, debadged so it's likely a 316 was stopped a bit ahead of lights at a junction near the Dodder riverine park. He might have changed his mind about turning. However the headcase decides he has to race me off the lights. I wasn't going to, dark and all, and Mister winner had to break hard to avoid rear-ending a car at the next junction.

Advertisement