Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stansted Express

• 24-08-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi,
    The cheapest way I know to buy Stansted Express tickets is to use the link on ryanair.com, it usually costs about £19 return instead of £27 if you buy them on the plane or at the station. But check the trains are running before you book the tickets as they have been strikes recently. For a cheaper alternative you could get the Terravision Bus to Liverpool St Station or The Easybus which I think goes to Paddington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭daithi666

Yeah, I'd agree with previous poster about the Easybus. I got from Gatwick to central London for £5 return by booking online... I might take a little longer but still a good service...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Stansted Express ordinarily costs £26.80 return. If you book it at www.stanstedexpress.com/ryanair it will cost you £21.50 return.

Easybus, whilst cheap, takes an eternity. You are talking an hour and a half to 2 hours depending on the part of London you are travelling too when going from Stansted - personally when in London I don't have time to do that, nor would I be bothered if in London socially, but if you want the saving it is an option.

The Stansted Express will get you to Liverpool Street in about 45 minutes or Tottenham Hale in 35 minutes where you can switch onto the Victoria Line tube and be on Oxford Street in about 16 minutes.

Advertisement