Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80s Nights in Dublin?

Options
  • 24-08-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any places that do eighties nights? Any night would do but Thursday or Friday would probably suit me best. There has to be somewhere catering for my vintage:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Club Nassau on Nassau street does 80's nights.

Never been myself though, I'd rather have a portly lady shít down my throat than listen to 80's music.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

club nassau is prety good ,a mix of 80's and 90's

and even has the slow set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

garthv wrote: »
    Club Nassau on Nassau street does 80's nights.

Never been myself though, I'd rather have a portly lady shít down my throat than listen to 80's music.

PM me. I can sort you out with a few numbers. ;)

The only regular 80's night that I know of in the city centre is in the imaginatively titled Club Nassau alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I've heard on the radio of a place called Rays in Portobello which does 80's nights. Didn't catch the days its on though(weekend) and i've never been there to comment on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Playhouse in Tallaght do 80's and 90's on Thursdays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Kennedys (Westland Row) used to do one at the weekend. Not sure if they do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Used to be one on in Break for the Border on Mondays with Adrian Kennedy called So 80's, not sure if it's still going though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mmoroney

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Anyone know of any places that do eighties nights? Any night would do but Thursday or Friday would probably suit me best. There has to be somewhere catering for my vintage:cool:

The Red Cow have an 80's electro band starting there on the 30th of October. I saw them in Dalkey once.... pretty good if your into all the electro stuff from the 80's like tainted love and ABC and the like. Revival is the band name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

New 80s night is spy on fridays called Cassete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Used to be one on in Break for the Border on Mondays with Adrian Kennedy called So 80's, not sure if it's still going though.

Think that was only of a bank holiday sunday night...

For the OP there was a club in rathmines and I would say its still there called Rain...its over 30's I think so I reckon 80's music would be high on the playlist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

stovelid wrote: »
    Kennedys (Westland Row) used to do one at the weekend. Not sure if they do now.

*sigh* That was brilliant!

They used to pull a sneaky one though. It would be advertised as Free Entry before 11, but they wouldn't let you downstairs to the club until 11.

Don't any of the clubs in Harcourt st play 80s on a Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mmoroney

It's not 80's DJ. Just two lads with synths and bass. The keyboard player actually has a Keytar though so its worth it just to see that.. haha

Advertisement