Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA close to Navan

Options
  • 24-08-2009 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all, Thanks for reading.

I live in Navan and am looking to get into MMA. I want to compete..... Not just to train. I have been training in Martial arts for two years now, and I want to test my training in a competitive arena.

I train two nights a week, Wednesday and Friday. I also play football on Monday. So im looking for a club where I can train on Tuesday, Thursday or Weekends? Not all three or Ill be divorced.

Ive fought in a couple of kickboxing floor tournaments but find them restrictive. A lot of my training is throws, locks and chokes. Only about 50% stand up. Im a big guy, walk around at 230 but I would fight at light heavy. 210 or 205.

The only issue with my current training is that A. I dont get to spar with others properly, because a lot of the other students are teens. And none of them are even close to my weight. B I dont get any wrestling or JJ in.

Im going to kilkenny on the 12th to see how I get on but fully expect to get beaten off the mat. That doesnt bother me, as long as i improve for the next tournament.

Anyway if anyone has any advice, or can point me in the right direction then it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Stan

Comments

Advertisement