Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How far are you going?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

fryup wrote: »
    on the subject of mpg/economy...how accurate are those trip computers??

I find mine to be uselessly inaccurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭germanicus

luckyD wrote: »
    when im plodding along doing 80kph, in 6th gear, at about 1800, 1900 revs, my engine seems to me to be labouring, but when i push it up to 100kph 6th gear and at about 2100, 2200 rev the engine is running much more smoothly. so i guess my question is can you actually use more petrol driving a low speeds labouring your engine???

yes much more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I get 29mpg out of my 2.2 prelude, for a few tanks i drove very conservatively, didn't vtec it at all and it made bugger all difference, but using the AC does eat into the mpg.
    I'm doing a good few miles now so i'm afraid a diesel will be require shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

55 MPH on motorways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭whoami1

In my '01 1.8 petrol 406, I would never get any more than 380 miles from my 60L tank (60L = 13.22g, best figure = 28.75 mpg.

With my '00 2.0 diesel 406 (110bhp engine), the best I have got was 841 miles from my 70-litre tank, when I put in 67L (67L = 14.76g, resulting in a figure of 56.7mpg, exactly twice what I was getting in the petrol one!)

Currently, I will get about 700-720 miles from my tank, giving me about 46-47 mpg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

fryup wrote: »
    on the subject of mpg/economy...how accurate are those trip computers??

I find if you reset it often then its pretty accurate.

I fill up with diesel every friday on the way home. I do a quick calc of my MPG and then reset the trip computer in the car. Its always pretty accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

I get about 580 miles on average from a 50L tank, mostly long trips, have gotten up to 620 miles or so with careful driving & letting it go dangerously low!
    Most driving is at motorway speeds. It's an 89 Jetta Diesel so depreciation is a non issue! I've put about 50k miles on her in the last 17 months.

Advertisement