Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleforbes Road - Parking Problem

Options
  • 24-08-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Have you all noticed that lovely "restricted parking" sign put 2 days ago (22/08/2009) on Upper Sherrif Street by Dublin City Council? The street where all the 1 bed apt tenants from Castleforbes Road are parking their cars from the past few months/years.

Informed by the City Council that we are not entitled to Parking Permitts as "in the bye-laws,residents of apartment complexes consisting of more than 4 units are not eligible for residential permits and this applies city-wide".

Am I the only one who will have to move out from that area in order to park my car freely in the close vicinity of my own apt?

Solutions/ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

This came up recently on AskAboutMoney.com. Someone in the same situation as you brought a case against their local authority to the Ombudsman and won.

On the other hand, if they change their policy and issue residents permits to everyone, they'll be useless because there isn't (I'd imagine) enough on-street parking for everyone who would qualify for a permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get a parking space in your development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 manista

You're right markpb. Putting a case against Dublin City Council wouldn't help as they would have to change their laws city-wide.

Victor, as for getting parking space it will cost around 100 euro (if I'm lucky enough to find one) as Castleforbes Management is not providing free parking spaces for 1 bed apartments.

The above applies to a huge number of Castleforbes Road tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 PaddyRussell

Sorry for dragging this one up but it is all very relevant.

Im now renting in Block B, castleforbes Sq. We have a three bed but were not informed of any designated parking spot when we took the lease and Id perfer to have some information before contacting the letting agency. Does anyone know if spaces were allocated to apartments or did owners purchase them additionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Car Parking Spaces had to be purchased from the developer at time of purchasing an apartment back in 2005/06.
    cost 30k

Spaces were only for sale to those purchasing 2 bed and 3 bed apartments.

As far as i know there are no parking spaces for sale.

There is however an active parking space renting process within Castleforbes Sq.. Keep an eye out on the notice boards . You should be able to rent one for circa 100 euro / month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Sorry for dragging this one up but it is all very relevant.

Im now renting in Block B, castleforbes Sq. We have a three bed but were not informed of any designated parking spot when we took the lease and Id perfer to have some information before contacting the letting agency. Does anyone know if spaces were allocated to apartments or did owners purchase them additionally.

If no parking space was mentioned in the advert or lease agreement then you don't have one, it is very unlikely it would have been overlooked considering the monetary value of parking.

It is possible there is a space allocated to the apartment but the landlord has rented it out seperately or is keeping it for their own use; there is nothing wrong with this unless you were led to believe you would have a space as part of your lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 PaddyRussell

Thanks for the info. If anyone has a space for rent in Block B, let me know.

Advertisement