Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milbrook Apt

• 24-08-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Is the general consensus to stay away from Milbrook Apartments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mistabutta

also what is the brewery complex apartments like? apparently they are close to town

i've now heard some good things about milbrook and i am now just confused haha.. anyone can shed any light on them? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

mistabutta wrote: »
    i've now heard some good things about milbrook and i am now just confused haha.. anyone can shed any light on them? thanks

They are good for students really. Lived in them for a year and hated it with a passion but I could see why some would go for them.

Tom10 wrote: »
    They are good for students really. Lived in them for a year and hated it with a passion but I could see why some would go for them.

why did u hate them?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

mistabutta wrote: »
    why did u hate them?

Am I just didn't like the layout of the apartment in the first place. Its usual two crappy bathrooms and a kitchen/living room with 4 bedrooms. So wasn't really a fan of that.

Plus people on my floor kept leaving rubbish bags in the hallway (this only happened in my floor so shouldn't necessarily be a problem for you).

Really don't have any major problems with the place. But personally I didn't like it. Not a very constructive point of view so really don't know how much stock you should put into it. But if you have a look at the place I'd say you'll get a feel if you like it pretty quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

hi,
    i lived in millbrook for 2 years and found it great. Handy for the foundry, etc, so didnt have to fork out for taxi's. I guess there are some apartments that arent maintained but mine was fine and the view of the river was great. (guess thats not something on students checklists for nice accomodation though).
    I wouldnt make any decisions until you've viewed places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I stayed in a ground floor apt in Millbrook for my last year in Carlow (which was a few years ago now...) and it was grand - except for the twats upstairs and their bangin' choonz at all hours, particularly during my final exams :mad:

Advertisement