Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Moderator

Options
  • 24-08-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm new to this site and i'm looking for some advice. I have a sako quad 17hmr and i'm looking for a decent sound moderator such as a pes 32mm muzzlecan. I'm in the Cork area and does anyone know where i can get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

Well buckshot....i'm new here aswell
    Why do want a pes mod?? There an expensive piece of kit.
    Sak do a mod for a rimfire for a fraction of the price,are as good and as practical as the pes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

There's a couple of sound ones, but most of them are twats

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

As ronboy has said go with the Sak, I have one on my malin 17 hmr and i cant fault cuts down on the crack quite abit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Hi,

I'm in the Cork area and does anyone know where i can get one?

You could try Jeffersport in Bandon. Very helpful chap and he could order one in if he does not have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭buckshotbrolan

Thanks for the help. All i can seem to get from anyone is the A-TEC CMM-4 and the SAK moderator. From my experience you get what you pay for and i would rather spend that bit extra and get something i'm happy with rather than want to change it. I know a 17hmr round is hard to moderate and you can't get rid of the subsonic crack. I know you can get other moderators in the UK but just can't seem to get them here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

you can't get rid of the subsonic crack.

If you can't deal with the subsonic, you'll have problems with the supersonic :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

Thanks for the help. All i can seem to get from anyone is the A-TEC CMM-4 and the SAK moderator. From my experience you get what you pay for and i would rather spend that bit extra and get something i'm happy with rather than want to change it. I know a 17hmr round is hard to moderate and you can't get rid of the subsonic crack. I know you can get other moderators in the UK but just can't seem to get them here!

main reason being tht a big pes 32mm wont work as the mods baffles are too big for the amount of powder burn as its designed for hornet/.223 and upwards,all you will be left with is an big expensive mod doing half the job,pes DO a rimfire version but it would be a uk source

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

And with the new regs in the UK dealers will no longer post mods to Ireland.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

how do you get a permit for a moderator, do you just tick the silencer box in the accessories questions on the new application forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭buckshotbrolan

Hi lads, just picked up a wildcat sound mod and boy am i happy! Thanks for all your help. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement