Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for mens' haircut

Options
  • 12-06-2009 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

where's the best place to get a fellas hair cut in galway.

been around to lots of barbers/ hairdressers and ive never been pleased with the result. either way too short or the style didnt suit at all.

give me your thought on where to go. now, im not looking for someplace that mega expensive or anything.

miss my old hairdresser :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

found that kozzy's in the shopping centre will do exactly what you ask but if you want it specific you have to be specific.

Gave a pretty sweet discount on tuesdays I think to students, not sure if thats going on now over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Caliden wrote: »
    found that kozzy's in the shopping centre will do exactly what you ask but if you want it specific you have to be specific.

My experience is the opposite, the nice Polish lady in kozzys who cut my hair left me looking like a shaved potato. Go to any womens hairdrssers and stay away from anywhere with electric clippers IMHO...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Now, neither I nor my OH would be particularly fashion concious so wouldn't maybe be the best people to ask, but my OH gets his hair cut in House of Grafton on Shop Street. They always do a good job, generally tends to grow out nicely too which is great since he is extremely lax about going in regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Depends on what kind of haircut you want. If your metro you should probably go to a hair dresser I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭macdave

yes ive tried kozzys but like was said above they always cut way to short and you get that shaven look. and i do give them specific instructions.

what do people think of kulture kurl,zennith,momento?

keep the suggestions coming there must be somewhere great that i have yet to discover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Barry_Scott

Where is the best place in Galway for a guy to get a good haircut. I'm thinking maybe hairdressers over barber as I'm looking to get a certain style. I used to go to Fat Tonys but the last few times I wasnt happy with the job they did. I'd probably spend up to the 30-35eur mark if it meant getting what I wanted. So, where do I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An older thread from June
    Another here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

there is a few places on shop st in galway. they rock got a hair cut there once the lads are life savers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Paul Griffin in Zenith (it's on Eyre Street) is great. I don't know much about men's styles, but he knows exactly what would suit just by looking at you. He might cost a bit more as he owns the place, but well worth it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

I'd probably spend up to the 30-35eur mark if it meant getting what I wanted.

30-35€ for a gents haircut! wow, that must be a very particular style. thats 3 times the norm! did you get a hair tattoo or something? pic, pic, pic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

The place beside New Look in the Shopping Center (the eyre square one) is good, never had a bad haircut there. Its about €14/15 there iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I've been going to Healys on High Street for as long as I can remember, but changed to Tom Nallys last time as I couldn't get people to give me the haircut I asked for.

There's an Egyptian guy in Nallys who gave me a very good haircut (or rather, he gave me the cut I wanted!)

Surely you could just bang and the hair is gone?

OK, I couldn't resist. I use Healeys. There's a barber in there that is the only one that can cut my hair the way I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I'll do it for 25 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrgarvey

go to scruffy joe ese - off shop street and up the road from sally longs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The House of Grafton on Shop St. There's a lad there from Dublin who's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Barbers is grand for your regular haircut but if your after a certain style you'll have to go to a hairdressers.

I think I've tried all them places and found the same problem with them all, I ask the barber to take a small bit off, just tidy my hair up a bit and I always end up with most of my hair gone! I spent 15eur last time and was really annoyed with the cut I got which is way I'd be willing to pay extra. And which is why I think a hairdresser is the best option.

My last haircut was in May so my hair is a decent length now and I dont want to end up loosing it all again because some barber wont do what I ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrgarvey

Go to Joe's then man. He has long hair :D
    and hes sound out also.

ps i had long hair myself once so i do sympathise (once it aint an emo job :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

There is nothing worse than a getting a haircut that is not the one you wanted.....either too much off (too little is ok as you can cut again to get it right), or skint at the sides.

Its strange but there are arrogant barbers out there that give you the haircut they want and not the haircut you want. :mad:

That cheeses me off no end!

Not sure if the penny drops when you never return:cool:

Healy's always gets the nod for me. Can be busy though.....

Haircuts ain't cheap either.....heard somewhere about some competition with barbers in Dublin where you can get a snip for €5. Think its some Polish guys running it......Still a lot of Celtic Tiger prices out there.

• Advertisement

Ok, since pretty much all the barbers being mentioned are places I got bad haircuts in the past I've decided to go with a hairdresser.

So, suggestions on the best hairdresser for a guy to get a good haircut!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

So, suggestions on the best hairdresser for a guy to get a good haircut!

The one I mentioned is a hairdresser. Does both men's and women's hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If all the places you've been to do the same thing maybe you aren't clear enough in what it is that you want?
    Just asking like.

Magnus wrote: »
    If all the places you've been to do the same thing maybe you aren't clear enough in what it is that you want?
    Just asking like.

Thats what I thought so I was very clear the last few times. Barbers just seem obsessed with clippers and giving you the haircut that they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭bm365

How about Peter Mark, might cost a bit though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    The House of Grafton on Shop St. There's a lad there from Dublin who's very good.

+1 this lad is good.

if ya have long hair tho and want to keep go to joe then, i used to head there when i had long hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭sam69

dmcg90 wrote: »
    The place beside New Look in the Shopping Center (the eyre square one) is good, never had a bad haircut there. Its about €14/15 there iirc.

well I went into there, American Crew theyre called and I might as well have asked for a pound of sausages because they pure butchered my head. I had my fringe quiffed back, she hacked it off regardless told me that quiffs went out years ago. After I complained they gave me voucher for 15 euro, still sitting on my mantlepiece. If anyone is brave enough, they're can PM me for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

The Hut Hair Studio on market st, near CP's. 091569176 Ask for Pamela/Daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

The Hut, 091569176, i send my boyfriend their all the time, really funky hair cuts, not just short back and sides

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I go to the place on the ground floor of the Eyre Square Shopping Centre. Does the job for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement