Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for mens' haircut

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Amazing to have two identical threads sitting next to each other - are the mods recovering from last night !. But it does highlight a problem in that their are loads of barbers but maybe not many good hairdressers for men.

I used Zenith when they were in Shop Street & continued when they moved to the new premises. Then it got gradually harder to book my stylist but I accepted it & booked well in advance. Then I was told that she would no longer do men's hair on a Saturday & yes I used to tip very well !. So they lost a regular.

As for paying for the supposed best, one of the worst cuts was at Toni & Guy, which cost a fortune. Why can't hairdressers realise that listening to the customer & doing as they ask is essential ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Discodog wrote: »
    Amazing to have two identical threads sitting next to each other - are the mods recovering from last night !. But it does highlight a problem in that their are loads of barbers but maybe not many good hairdressers for men.

I used Zenith when they were in Shop Street & continued when they moved to the new premises. Then it got gradually harder to book my stylist but I accepted it & booked well in advance. Then I was told that she would no longer do men's hair on a Saturday & yes I used to tip very well !. So they lost a regular.

As for paying for the supposed best, one of the worst cuts was at Toni & Guy, which cost a fortune. Why can't hairdressers realise that listening to the customer & doing as they ask is essential ?.
    i hope you're a female

I would of thought that being able to read a post was an essential part of being a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

well that joke was wasted on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Barry_Scott

Where is the best place in Galway for a guy to get a good haircut. I'm thinking maybe hairdressers over barber as I'm looking to get a certain style. I used to go to Fat Tonys but the last few times I wasnt happy with the job they did. I'd probably spend up to the 30-35eur mark if it meant getting what I wanted. So, where do I go!

Just realised my thread has been merged, a bit annoying.....

Anyways, is Zenith a popular place for guys to use?
    Any other hairdressers in Galway good a doing guys hair?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

I'm in the same position. I want to get my hair cut tomorrow but I want to go to a hairdresser this time. Havent a clue where to go yet, but do you think I will need to make an appointment for a hairdressers?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

i still want to see a photo of the hair belonging to the man that is willing to spend €35 on a haircut.. 3 times the norm. must be frigging amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

I'd probably spend up to the 30-35eur mark if it meant getting what I wanted. So, where do I go!

go on. don't be shy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Discodog wrote: »
    I would of thought that being able to read a post was an essential part of being a mod.
    random no-mark in missing the joke shocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Barry_Scott

Jesus get over it. I'm willing to pay a price because I have been letting it grow for 3months so I want to get a proper cut. So suggestions on hairdressers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

There's a guy I go to in the barber's beside Joyces in Knocknacarra who is very good. He's a foreign guy. He's very thorough and takes his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

The Edge in eyre square shopping centre is the only place I ever go. Haven't got my hair cut anywhere else in 2 years and was only disappointed once.

If you're a student a wash and cut only costs €15

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

House of Grafton is the best for mens hair , you tell them what you want and they always get it right from my experience and it grows out properly , no comment on the womens side ...never used it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Chewabacca wrote: »
    The Edge in eyre square shopping centre is the only place I ever go. Haven't got my hair cut anywhere else in 2 years and was only disappointed once.

If you're a student a wash and cut only costs €15

+1, actually 2 of the girls previously worked in hairdressers so would be more than enough for the guys looking for hairdressers instead of just barbers

classy website 2 :)
    http://theedgegalway.com/

DRakE wrote: »
    random no-mark in missing the joke shocker

"hairdressers for men" didn't miss it !

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

is chick the barber still on the go ? legent .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

I'm in a similar position, I'm in college in Galway now and would like to know of a good hairdresser for doing mens hair? Would really like to get some sort of style to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

teepee wrote: »
    is chick the barber still on the go ? legend.

nope,he retired last year,there were huge celebrations for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

Whatever happened to the barber named Ollie who worked in Fat Tony's in the Liosban Industrial Estate up until last year? The guy wasn't a barber - he was a tricho-engineer! I heard he moved to some other place in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

What's the cheapest barber in town?

I use Tom Nally, have done for years. About €14 for a haircut.

From talking to people at work(who live in various galway towns), Galway city seems excessive for mens haircuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

That place in Eyre Sq SC (can't remember the name of it - beside New Look) is usually €13, usually do a pretty good job on my hair too, although I'm a non fussy short back and sides fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

One Step Ahead on Abbeygate St. had been trimming my noggin since I was old enough to climb onto the chair. Sounds lads, fair price and they'll help to solve the country's problems while they cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

for such a big place i can't believe the price they charge for a haircut in galway. you pay 12-15 euro and thats considered cheap. in dublin they'll do it for 5 in places. i miss Chic, although he concentrated more on his stories than making an even haircut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Just been in the Terryland Retail Park, saw a new barbers opened up beside the Fruit&Veg shop
    €9.50 for a dry cut and €8.50 for students

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭bm365

Has anyone got any experience of Headmasters Barbers? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

went to the barber beside terryland fruit and veg. Very nice shop never busy good haircut and 9 euros cant say much better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

went to the barber beside terryland fruit and veg. Very nice shop never busy good haircut and 9 euros cant say much better than that.

9 euros is as good a price as you will get must give the place a try.
    i found chicks haircuts a bit old fashioned but used to enjoy a chat about his boxing days and his small farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 corrib372

Was just thinking of heading for a haircut and was just wondering if anyone had been to house of grafton since they reopened? I never used to go until they moved across the road and found them good.Was wondering if the prices have gone up or anything? Whats the new spot like? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

New place is classy. Not too sure if the prices changed but it is the best barbers in town. Large flat screen TVs, comfy chairs and, most importantly, excellent barbers who don't rush you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Not another hair thread.
    I sometimes wonder what barbers do when the queue of customers end..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement