Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for mens' haircut

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Been going for years. Nice renovation
    Same price for a haircut

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with other hairy threads

LionTorcGuy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Hey guys,

What's the story with House of Grafton barbers on Shop Street? They seem to be a different barbers now, called "Pink!" or something and have a different decor down the hallway. I remember before Xmas they moved into a place across the road (now occupied by "Slight Indulgence"), but now there seems to be no reference to them except for a sign outside "Pink!" saying "Grafton Barbers". Are they still operating, albeit under a different name, or is this a new joint altogether?

If it's just a new name, do they still do gents haircuts? They were the best haircut in Galway prior to this.

Thanks guys!

Aaron.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

yeah they are still open, was in there yesterday. The Pink! place is upstairs for ladies and downstairs is a barbers.
    12 euro for a haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

yeah they are still open, was in there yesterday. The Pink! place is upstairs for ladies and downstairs is a barbers.
    12 euro for a haircut.

Brilliant, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kean

I find that fringe benefits are good and affordable.
    Out in Ballybrit
    Mens cut is 10E, but 10% discount for students

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Funny_Pictures_71915.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭bm365

Anyone got any experience of 'Pink', I think its a new barber shop which opened on Shop Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I didn't see the point in starting a new one only to see it merged, five minutes later. Anyway... have let the hair grow for a few months and don't want it butchered when I get it cut, so I need a good barber(preferable to a hairdressers) who can cut longer hair without having to go down the short, back and sides route. Any recent recomendations would be appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

got mine in headmaster's in doughisgha n saturday, 12 euro, good cut guy's where not like usuall barbers they actually having a laugh with us. even though i didnt have a go at it they hava dartboard for ya to play while u wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

Anyone here been to Pink? Im getting a cut soon and I've heard Pink is a good place for guys. I want a place that can give me a proper style and not just chop it all off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

danh789 wrote: »
    Anyone here been to Pink? Im getting a cut soon and I've heard Pink is a good place for guys. I want a place that can give me a proper style and not just chop it all off!

The girls place is Pink and House of Grafton is the fellas place. Went there before. Definitely the best haircut I've found in Galway. They take ages doing it too which is a good thing.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    The girls place is Pink and House of Grafton is the fellas place. Went there before. Definitely the best haircut I've found in Galway. They take ages doing it too which is a good thing.

Are they both in the same retail unit or is house of grafton elsewhere? Also what are their barbers like? Male or Female? Young or Old?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

danh789 wrote: »
    Are they both in the same retail unit or is house of grafton elsewhere? Also what are their barbers like? Male or Female? Young or Old?

Same unit, HOG is downstairs, Pink is upstairs.

Barbers is pretty good, the guys seem experienced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Same unit, HOG is downstairs, Pink is upstairs.

Barbers is pretty good, the guys seem experienced.

Is it all male barbers? Generally I have found women do a better job

Is House of Grafton considered by most the best barber in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Started going to the barbers in Terryland. Beside fruit and veg shop.

€9 for men. €8 if you have a student card.

Good quality too.

Bye bye Tom Nally and €14 haircuts !!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

the fat tonys in barna is excellent. i usually go there to get the hair and beard done. prices vary a lot, between €11-15 for some reason. however i have found that all the staff in there are top notch

How much is a cut in House of Grafton?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

DonalN wrote: »
    One Step Ahead on Abbeygate St. had been trimming my noggin since I was old enough to climb onto the chair. Sounds lads, fair price and they'll help to solve the country's problems while they cut!

Joe and the lads are the only people in Galway i would let near my hair.I always enjoy the chats with them and i must say Joe has great time for me when i just want to yap about back home in Youghal.They seem to able to adapt their personality to suit whoever is sitting in the chair. It's a shame more people are not like Joe and the lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Saw some little business cards around where I work today for Mario's Barber Shop, 28 Woodquay.
    Glad to see someone gets use out of Vistaprint biz cards. Dry Cut for €10, Students €9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Started going to the barbers in Terryland. Beside fruit and veg shop.

€9 for men. €8 if you have a student card.

Good quality too.

Bye bye Tom Nally and €14 haircuts !!

+1 for this place too, couple of sound foreign lads working there who can actually barber. Puts the previous place I used to go to shame, getting charged €12 for a not-very-good basic haircut. For the price, they can't be beaten. Open Sundays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭techyjon

My dad is a barber so he was only one that ever cut my hair until I moved to Galway. Don't go to that Kosso's in headford road shopping centre! I had few bad experiences different places but baldy barber on corner accross from Galway Arms is reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

ya the terryland barber shop is good alright, nice price, nice haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I always go to Fat Tonys on the Oranmore/Claregalway road.

I only get a blade one all over but the staff are brilliant in there and do an amazing job.

Well,for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 EBONY00

I always go to the one in the galway shopping centre, nice and handy but 15 euro is what they charge if you arent a student, so might be a bit pricey for some people. Polish girl that works in there is a stunner aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭chilloutman

there a blonde guy called aidan i think in fat tonys liosban estate by far the best barber i ever went to , majority of barbers are shocking always cut your hair tooo short

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

I definitely second (or third) One Step Ahead on Abbeygate Street.
    I've been going there since '96 and the lads are dead sound, not to be a bollocks but I would definitely stick with the lads, Joe, Mike and Mike.
    Unless you're getting something fancy it'll definitely be less than €15. Mike Hourigan used to do womens hair and so he's well able for anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

MayoForSam wrote: »
    +1 for this place too, couple of sound foreign lads working there who can actually barber. Puts the previous place I used to go to shame, getting charged €12 for a not-very-good basic haircut. For the price, they can't be beaten. Open Sundays too.

I was at Terryland one, at least I think I was unless there is two beside each other. It was two foreign girls and one guy working there and I was charged between 12 and 15. Can't remember the exact price but it definetely wasnt €9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I was at Terryland one, at least I think I was unless there is two beside each other. It was two foreign girls and one guy working there and I was charged between 12 and 15. Can't remember the exact price but it definetely wasnt €9
    This place definitely charges less than that. Maybe you went to somewhere else in terryland, not sure if there is another one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

there a blonde guy called aidan i think in fat tonys liosban estate by far the best barber i ever went to , majority of barbers are shocking always cut your hair tooo short

Yep - Aidan is a pretty good barber no doubts! Was in there for a few mins on Sat morning - but didn't wait as there was no sign of him and the queue was out the door.
    5 lady hairdressers, John and another guy - no offence but the ladies just don't as good a job. (They just don't understand us guys :) )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement