Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for mens' haircut

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I bought one of those barber's hairclippers a remington about 8 years ago and I haven't been to a barbers since. it cost me about 25 euro at the time. Think I got my money's worth from that purchase :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Can't remember the last time I actually paid for a haircut...
    http://robocut.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Mr Velo wrote: »
    no offence but the ladies just don't as good a job. (They just don't understand us guys :) )

I have always had my hair cut by women but I prefer a hairdresser to a barber - there is a world of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nenagh_lad

Anyone know of a good, decent priced barber/hairdresser in Galway ? Just looking for a simple wash and cut but never know what I want apart from 'not too short', so I leave up to the professional to do a good job.

Can't afford to be trying them all !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

nenagh_lad wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good, decent priced barber/hairdresser in Galway ? Just looking for a simple wash and cut but never know what I want apart from 'not too short', so I leave up to the professional to do a good job.

Can't afford to be trying them all !

Try headmasters barbers in doughisga, 2 lads up there, good laugh reasonably priced and good haircut. they even give ya a free Drink :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

I haven't tried any other than one in salthill. I can't remember the name of it but it is opposite Gita's barbers - which I have not been to and imagine is probably fine and nice and clean.

The one I refer to that is the opposite side of the street to Gita's is a dirty place. I sat and watched as they cut the hair of the guy in front of me and DIDN'T clean the equipment before cutting my hair.

The reason I was watching so closely is that my friend and I were getting spots on our neck after getting out hair cut there - his were so bad he needed acne meds. I was lucky enough, a bit of tea tree oil nipped it in the bud. Point is that it may be coincidence but I doubt it.

Just stay away from that one anyway, it's a dirty place.

Try out Gita's though, I've heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nenagh_lad

Try headmasters barbers in doughisga, 2 lads up there, good laugh reasonably priced and good haircut. they even give ya a free Drink :D

Should'a said-within walking distance of like the city centre :p Student here :p

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Fat Tonys at the back of the Kings Head does me nicely.

One of the lads went there yesterday, and apparently its been bought by someone else. Keeping the name etc, but its his own business. Said it was only €10 for a haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

So besides the many barbers, who are good hairdressers to go to? I used to go to Toni & Guy as they did a great job, but the last two times they were a bit sub-par.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Got my haircut recently in Total Look in Renmore. It's between the creche and dry cleaners between Renmore Road and Dun na Mara.

Can honestly say it was the best haircut I've ever gotten. And it was only 10 euro.

The attention to detail was unreal. And she's a sound girl too. Never realised til then that she's there 10 years.

Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Tried fat tonys last week near the Augistinian,she made a mess of it to be honest and I dont think I was the only one that day as the fella ahead of me was giving out and just left very abruptly.
    She must be new as it was not until I got out that the missus laughed at the way it sat in all its glory,will have to go somewhere next week again to fix it up and it was not cheap 12 euro with student discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Got a good haircut in the place opposite buon appetito behind lynchs castle.
    Small barber shop,9.50 student rate and he did a good job fixing the mess fat tony`s in abbeygate street gave me a few weeks back.
    Will return and keep my business in this place,forget the name of it though.

Mode edit: this thread has been around a while. Will lock and next thread become a new merge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement