Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tallaght to UCD by bus?

• 24-08-2009 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi,
    Does anyone know if the 77x bus stops on the N81? I looking for the easiest way to get from tallaght to UCD!

I used to have the option of the 50x and the 65x bus, but of course these buses where taken off the year I get in to UCD!!

Thanks Michelle :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Not exactly the answer you wanted but could you get to the 51x in Clondalkin? I knew somebody who used to take that to UCD. You could always get the bus to town and then get the 10 or 46a either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Hi,
    Does anyone know if the 77x bus stops on the N81? I looking for the easiest way to get from tallaght to UCD!

I used to have the option of the 50x and the 65x bus, but of course these buses where taken off the year I get in to UCD!!

Thanks Michelle :)

65 or 65B to Terenure (or 54A to KCR) and 17 from there to UCD.

17 is fairly reliable in the mornings, taking about 15 minutes from Rialto to Terenure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

Ringsend Garage still operate a 77X every week-day morning at 7.30am from Ellensborough,via Seskin View Road,Balrothery,Tymon North,Greenhills Rd,Crumlin Rd.,Cork St(or could be Clanbrassil St),through City centre and on to Belfield,arriving there about 8.40ish.

Hope this is what you wanted to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

could always get the Luas into town and bus out from Town to UCD (10 or 46a)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

KC61 wrote: »
    65 or 65B to Terenure (or 54A to KCR) and 17 from there to UCD.

17 is fairly reliable in the mornings, taking about 15 minutes from Rialto to Terenure.

This is the fastest way to do it - it's how I used to go. It's a sham that there is no easy way to get from the south-west suburbs to UCD. The 17 should really head out to Tallaght from Rathfarnham, instead of meandering on to Rialto. Or at least connect with the Red Line around Kylemore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

75 to Stillorgan, and any bus from there down to UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michelle.Murphy

Great thanks for all the suggestions. I may try the 77x or the 65b and then 17 route. I also agree there should be better transport available to travel to UCD ,

Thanks again, Michelle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Just be wary of the 17 at peak times, it tends to go missing for a time.
    Also from 0730-1030 it has to come in the main gate, and can get caught in traffic on Foster's Avenue, in this case it can sometimes be quicker to walk from here into campus via Owenstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michelle.Murphy

stop wrote: »
    Just be wary of the 17 at peak times, it tends to go missing for a time.
    Also from 0730-1030 it has to come in the main gate, and can get caught in traffic on Foster's Avenue, in this case it can sometimes be quicker to walk from here into campus via Owenstown.

Okay thanks for that info :)

Advertisement