Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac Resurfacing

Options
  • 24-08-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Looking to help someone out with regard to getting a yard/drive resurfaced. Already tarmac down - which was done years ago and surface is really bad now.

However, I'd imagine it should be a lot cheaper to resurface than a job from scratch. Has anyone here done anything similar? Any ideas on what should be paid /m2 ??
    Have a couple of quotes with small differences between them. One quoted on the basis of 1.5" of resurfacing. Another on 2.5". One also quoted on the basis of using SMA (apparently is harder wearing and adheres better to existing tarmac than other tars??) tarmac.
    Any ideas on cost would be helpful. Also any ideas on what standard of finish is needed. The area is both a 'drive' and also part of it is a yard where occassional deliveries are made by rigid/flatbed trucks. Also, when it comes down to doing the job, how can I tell what it is exactly that they are using?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ruffmut

I was looking at getting my drive way tarred and was advised to get it tared and chiped instead for the following reason by a reputable installer..

You cannot resurface tar, it has to be dug up and relaid But with tar and chips you sweep up the loose chips, put down a fresh layer of tar and relar the chips again.

Advertisement