Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom favorites

Options
  • 24-08-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I see tomtom have released updated maps . I know from previously downloading the updates that locations stored as favorites get deleted.
    Before i download the updates which file on my tomtom do i need to copy to my computer and then paste back to my tomtom so i still have my favorites.
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Hi,

Yeah, losing the favourites every time the map was updated was bloody annoying. However, after I updated it again last week to the newly available map my favourites survived intact. Hopefully it wasn't a one-off fluke and they've now fixed the problem for good.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I prefer to save favourites etc as custom POIs. Save them to PC via TomTom Home & they can can be added to any map on any device.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭guydub

Thanks for all the replys
    I downloaded the new maps and the new tomtom home and lost all the favorites but not to worry In future i will try Koolkids method.
    How do u convert locations saved in Favorites to POI's

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Browse to them on map & select add as POI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

koolkid wrote: »
    Browse to them on map & select add as POI

Hi Koolkid,

I lost all my favourites downloading the latest map today. In future, is the above the only way to prevent doing this? It seems very bad on TomToms part that you cannot just save favourites and re-download them onto a later map?

• Advertisement

You can copy & past mapsettings .cfg Its not gaurenteed to work though.
    Custom POIs is the best option. You can also customise the icons for them.

Advertisement