Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMs

Options
  • 24-08-2009 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I received a PM from an irate person on boards but am unable to reply to it... what can I do????:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think you need to have 10 posts or more to send a pm. If the pm is offensive or abusive you could report it for the admins to take a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh yeah. I could have sworn there was a limit on it at one stage. I think it was brought into to stop re-regs/spammers using it. I could be wrong though. Maybe the other person is sitebanned or has pms turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I sent the PM. It certainly wasnt irate or abusive. The reply which I most certainly got from the OP was however. I decided not to report it as he is a new user and dont need the hassle.

Can send the PM and the response to any admin should they request along with the reasons for the PM in the first place.

Mods go click here now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 harkeness

Threatening to have the administrators make me change my user name and asking me why I am using your name and am I taking the piss isn't irate??? And yes, I did call you an effing muppet in the PM I sent. Common courtesy would dictate that you made a sensible request as to why I was using my user name, not a threatening PM.

Anyhow you are Grimes... how in the name of goodness am I using your name??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Guys, if there's a problem with a PM then report it.
    When you open it there's a report icon report.gif of the top right of the page. Only administrators of the site can see what you report and the reason that you give. They will deal with it accordingly.

Advertisement