Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK to join Germany and France as next economy out of recession..

• 24-08-2009 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0824/breaking19.htm

The survey found “a remarkable upturn” in confidence in the banking sector in particular, given the impact of the financial crisis on most institutions.
    Positive signs on the housing market have also helped boost optimism for property firms.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Detailed Q2: 2009 QNA GDP figures haven't even been released for the U.K., though. I'd like to see where this projected growth is supposed to come from; I'm guessing a bump in PCE volumes and GFCF. That said, Q2 GDP might be revised up this week from the last estimate of -0.8%.

Here's a quick graph on the headline q/q GDP growth rates for different countries.
    GDPGrowthQ209.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I'm curious why the Baltic dry index is faltering since the summer

bdi.jpg

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    I'm curious why the Baltic dry index is faltering since the summer
    China et al. full on raw materials? An increase in fleet underutilisation with oil tankers being converted to bulk carriers and backlogged ship orders being completed? The BDI went a bit crazy in '08, though; it's back to early 2006 numbers.

That said, Q2 GDP might be revised up this week from the last estimate of -0.8%.
    Q2 GDP numbers for the U.K. were revised today, up from the last estimate of -0.8%, to -0.7%. Every little helps... :pac:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=192

Advertisement