Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electives list?

Options
  • 24-08-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where i can find a list of all the electives i could actually pick from?! ucd website isnt very helpful...
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Fecking planning department are finally doing GIS in the undergrad, I was in that place for three fecking years and no GIS!!!:mad: Oh well, may just learn it somewhere else!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

I have to take MATH00010 as well as other maths modules, because I didn't get a C3 in HL Maths, which will add up to 55 credits. Does this mean that I can only choose one elective to add up to 60 credits?

Yes. One can only ever do 60 credits in anyone year. (well, you can do more but you'll have to go running about the place getting forms signed and you'll have to pay for them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Yes. One can only ever do 60 credits in anyone year. (well, you can do more but you'll have to go running about the place getting forms signed and you'll have to pay for them)

So the long and short of it is that i'll have to give up one elective because I got a D3 in maths.

• Advertisement

Basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

ah didnt really get how all that worked. got it now. whats the story with the levels tho? can you do any level at any time or what?

Levels are just that, what level the subject is. So level 0 is normally an intro/foundation course, level 1 would be what most of first year is filled by, level 2 = year 2 and so on. So basically, the higher the number, the harder the subject...in theory anyway...

You can do any level course at any time BUT there isn't much point in doing a level 3 or 4 course in first year IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

The levels grade how difficult a module is. Level 1=1st year Level 2=2nd year... Well you can do any level you want but pick carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

hmmm... any idea what the story with any music performance thing is? irish music and general musicianship is the closest i can find but not a big fan of irish music history

• Advertisement

Not sure as I'm not big into music (science student). I do know of one where you can join the UCD Orchestra, I *think* it might be MUS20340 that you are looking for?

Advertisement