Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Earth - Street View

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I am surprised and disapointed that they didn't use my high quality picture. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

inode wrote: »
    no they just pinched it and they didn't even mention boards.ie :rolleyes:
    I've been looking into this tonight. Check your PMs. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Have heard that the Google wagon was seen in the Dungloe/Annagry area yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Has it been around the rest of Ireland, or did they start in Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Senna wrote: »
    Has it been around the rest of Ireland, or did they start in Donegal?

They start at the top and it's all downhill from here.

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    They start at the top and it's all downhill from here.

:D

If he's driving every road in Ireland, i wouldn't want to buy that Astra secondhand when he's finished:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just seen the car go through donegal town about 5pm woo hoo

oops sorry didnt realise there was already a thread must missed that

Just heading out for a drive.. maybe i'll get a peek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I passed a black car yesterday with the google camera, It was on the Letterkenny -Lifford road about 7PM, not sure of the make but may have been another Astra.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

he's there to give the other guy a hand to cover donegal!

Was beginning to think it was avoiding me but just past it heading for letterkenny at the pub in Drumkeen. :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

muffler wrote: »
    The question must now be asked - who's photographing who?

The Register is one ahead of you:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/surveillance_feedback_loop/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

It's great to see that this is happening. Can't wait to see it when it's done.
    And on the matter of DN, are they allowed legally to publish pictures taken from the net and, in particular, this forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Its about time they did something really, their coverage of Ireland has been pathetic ever since it first started up. Donegals been covered by a cloud for the past 5 years so hopefully we see an image update as well as the street view

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Harps wrote: »
    Donegals been covered by a cloud for the past 5 years so hopefully we see an image update as well as the street view
    Thats why we have had bad weather for so long ;)

Harps wrote: »
    Its about time they did something really, their coverage of Ireland has been pathetic ever since it first started up. Donegals been covered by a cloud for the past 5 years so hopefully we see an image update as well as the street view

my house is in high res !

So is mine !!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

irish1967 wrote: »
    So is mine !!:)

How do you know? Surely it's not up already, is it? Links? Not necessarily your OWN houses, but someone else's :D

• Advertisement

On google earth not street view. Sorry non specific ednw led me astray there. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Seen this when I was in Donegal a few weeks ago too when we were pulled into a gas station beside it.

[Non-tech-savvy] Aunt pointed it out to me like "What's that thing on the car over there"?

And I was all "OMG IT'S A GOOGLE STREET VIEW CAR"!

But then I thought to myself, "I thought they did Ireland already earlier this year"?

But that must have been just Dublin.

Either way, hope they do Sligo as well so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

On google earth not street view. Sorry non specific ednw led me astray there. :-)
    No fair, I can only see blurry fields and can't even make out my road :( I can see that Donegal Town is fairly clear, but not exactly high res for me - maybe it's my graphics card? Would having a better graphics card make Google Earth clearer? I LOVE Google Earth and the way you feel as if it had reached out of the screen and scooped you up into the clouds to swoop you down onto the place you want to visit :)
    I've only had one tin of cider - really :o

oh yeh, blame me thats right

No fair, I can only see blurry fields and can't even make out my road :( I can see that Donegal Town is fairly clear, but not exactly high res for me - maybe it's my graphics card? Would having a better graphics card make Google Earth clearer? I LOVE Google Earth and the way you feel as if it had reached out of the screen and scooped you up into the clouds to swoop you down onto the place you want to visit :)
    I've only had one tin of cider - really :o

Hope this makes you feel a little better babaloushka. Zoom right in and its an aerial pic of your area:).

http://gis.donegal.ie/gplan_donegalssps/

I suppose you know that the new google will be added someday so I guess 'there's nothing added but time'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Meet the Google car on Inver Bridge this afternoon on my way to Donegal town.

I know that it will be ages before we see any of this come to fruition but I would have thought that google earth would have been updated long before they considered doing a street view.

Seen the red car in Ballybofey last week, it pulled into an estate on the left hand side of the Donegal Town road just up from Mulrines. He pulled in at a house (not a B&B) and looked to be getting out, i slowed down to see if he was going inside, but he just went around to the boot. If he had of gone inside i was going to go up to the front window and start taking pictures of the inside of the house, see how he likes it:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Senna wrote: »
    Seen the red car in Ballybofey last week, it pulled into an estate on the left hand side of the Donegal Town road just up from Mulrines. He pulled in at a house (not a B&B) and looked to be getting out, i slowed down to see if he was going inside, but he just went around to the boot. If he had of gone inside i was going to go up to the front window and start taking pictures of the inside of the house, see how he likes it:D:D:D:D
    There's a word for people like you :D

Advertisement